broken rib anyone? This SUCKS - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-26-2010, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm 39 weeks and a few days... due either tuesday or thursday, you pick :) and for the past few days I have had the worst pain in the world in my left rib, which is under my breast . I cant breath, i cant laugh, i cant yell - like to call someone in the other room, I have a chronic cough from pg post nasal drip and it kills to cough  I googled it, and saw that i guess its pretty common to get bruised or broken ribs from baby and that there is nothing to do except induce, which i wouldnt... having a home birth.... so i'm just waiting to go into labor so i can heal! Anyone else getting miserable in these last few week or days?

#2 of 4 Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 PM

My right rib is in extreme pain. I have had 4 other babies and have never had this before.. thinking it must be a big baby! It has its bum wedged right under there! I don't think mine is broken just super sore!! Gets worse after I eat or if I stay in one position too long, laying on my left side helps somewhat.. Hope baby comes soon for you so you can heal up Mama!

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#3 of 4 Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM

I have had a horrible time breathing this last few weeks, and pain under my shoulder blade.  My chiro has popped my ribs back in a few times, and it helps a LOT, until it pops out again.  Maybe have a chiro check it out, he should have some tips.  or she.

But, I moved wrong on the couch last night and hurt my ribs lower, really hope I didn't do worse than pop it out this time.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#4 of 4 Old 11-26-2010, 07:42 PM

I've had bad rib pain in the last pregnancy and this one also. Same exact rib. Definitely wasn't broken and 'dislocated' doesn't really apply to ribs but it would pop in and back out and nothing the chiro did every helped me. Once baby drops down it always goes away on it's own. Sorry you are in pain! (((hug)))

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page