becuse i was hard on my self about it

but i feel DONE DONE DONE DONEsoapbox.gif

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#2 of 11 Old 11-27-2010, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Definitely feel the same.  With my DD, I went at 38 weeks to the day.  This time, I have a transverse lil boy who still flips and flops as he likes.  We've tried everything, so now I have 11 days to go until a scheduled c-section.  I feel like a time bomb.  I just got back home from L & D because I've had a headache and sparkly vision disturbances

m

#3 of 11 Old 11-28-2010, 04:46 AM

Ds will be born in 3 weeks or less.  My body is screaming to get this over with!  My to-do list and my emotions are begging for more time.  Hello "tenth month"! crap.gif

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#4 of 11 Old 11-28-2010, 08:48 AM

I'm done too.  I'm having major contractions some days and think, "Ohhh!  Maybe this is it!?!"  but it always peters out.  I'm very much done.  And the closer we get to Christmas, the more I want her out - I don't want her to have a bday too close to Christmas...but it's not really up to me.  I'm trying to be patient.

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#5 of 11 Old 11-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Me too. 37 weeks tomorrow and SO ready to be done.

I've got most of the stuff- though I need to wash the linens and clothes. But otherwise we're ready. I keep having hours worth of Braxton- Hicks that are doing nothing. Grrr...

My other 2 were late, so I'm sure this one will be too. But man am I ready!

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#6 of 11 Old 11-28-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullHouse View Post

My body is screaming to get this over with!  My to-do list and my emotions are begging for more time.  Hello "tenth month"! crap.gif

This is me! I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and neither kiddo has come before 40 weeks so I've still got time. But I've been having so many strong contractions that it's messing with my brain. Part of me wants to savor these last few weeks and all the rest of me says 'Bring on the baby!!!!!'.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#7 of 11 Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM

I'm so torn between being totally ready and totally unprepared. 

I have my home visit tomorrow with my midwives and will be 37 wks on Thu. I think it's all going to sink in that it's happening soon when those two things occur, but at the same time, I can't seemt o find the motivation to get things done that clearly need to be done. Or could one go on preparing forever and is there a point that a potential perfectionist has to just accept that I have done all that must be done and it's time to just relax and enjoy?!

All this said, I can't wait to meet our little bean and enjoy the early moments of our expanded family. I am also pretty darn uncomfortable and would love nothing more than to be holding this wee one on the outside...

but not too many signs of much happening...which is good because we need to make it to Thu for a HB here. Other than increased CM, I don't notice much else...after a bit of a scare with a gallbladder attack and potential preterm labour a few weeks ago I was sure we'd be early, but perhaps not. 

So yeah, the body screaming for it to be over and the emotions and to do list aching for more time...I totally get that!

ps...haven't been on here in ages...not getting the new format so well so keep getting turned away...

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#8 of 11 Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 PM

DDCC.  Hugs to you ladies.  I'm 31 weeks and I'm feeling "done," followed by feeling guilty because I know my little babe needs to cook as long as possible.  Here's wishing everyone the patience and comfort (as much as can be expected)smile.gif to waddle through the next month.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#9 of 11 Old 11-29-2010, 05:22 PM

Hear hear.  Like northcountrymama, I have to wait until 37 weeks to have my hb, which is the end of this week.  I'm a FTM, and now I can truly appreciate the sentiment of being *done* with pregnancy.  

#10 of 11 Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

I'll be 37 weeks in a couple days. I'm getting closer and closer to that "done" feeling I keep hearing about. I didn't think it would be possible to want a pregnancy to end...but it's the sheer physical discomfort. I'm not even really suffering as much as some others. I'm simply having trouble lumbering around with the extra 27 pounds on my 5'1" frame...and when you live in NYC, you don't have the luxury of driving yourself door-to-door everywhere. Even getting up from my desk at work means it takes a few seconds of superslow tottering to get going.

I know that I'll miss the unique sensation of having a new little person be a part of me 24/7...but I am also so excited to see him/her and cuddle all day long. I hope I don't go to 42 weeks b/c that would be sheer torture, in every sense!

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#11 of 11 Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Oh mamas...I feel your pain!!

Im 37 weeks as of today, and Im starting to get so antsy! Of course I want her to wait until shes fully ready and developed to make her arrival...but at the same time, I feel like IM ready. Clothes and diapers are washed, everything is put together and cleaned...her bag is packed. Pregnancy has been relatively kind to me too, so its not like I have any ailments to complain too much about.

Im. Just. Ready.

I doubt my body is ready though yet. I just started getting some symptoms of prodromal labor last night (cramping, lower back pain), but its SO infrequent that I feel I might still have a while left.

Dear baby, please be done cooking soon! We are all excited to meet you and dont want your birthday to be spoiled by being TOO close to Christmas!!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page