Anyone having contractions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Having some irregular contractions.  Not sure if I should even be paying attention to them.  Some have come closer but the average is about 15 minutes apart.  Nothing amazing.  No other labor symptoms.  *sigh*

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#2 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I've been having some too. Quite a few last night before bed, but they stopped and were pretty "practice" feeling. I'm having some diarrhea (TMI, I know), so I guess that's sort of a sign. But nothing really yet. 

Doula and SAHM to Xander (4) and Lorelei (1.5). EC gave me courage to CD! Our children are intact. Our surprise 1st bio baby due Dec 2010!
#3 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM

Yep. Have been for about a MONTH. The chiropractor has done NOTHING this time. The baby hasn't engaged and I haven't even noticed an increase in CM.He has been head down for about a month now.  My GI tract is starting to be all active, so MAYBE that could be something. I still have 10 days until my EDD, so I am not too worried. I kinda cranked up my dose of RRL tincture and I have been getting DH to DTD almost every night. I guess he is just not ready yet.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#4 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 PM

CTX really picked up for me since yesterday. I had them all late evening, last night, all day today. Nothing terrible. Wish my cervix wasn't so darn high.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#5 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStarFalling View Post

CTX really picked up for me since yesterday. I had them all late evening, last night, all day today. Nothing terrible. Wish my cervix wasn't so darn high.

My midwife doesn't check, so I have no idea if I am dilating or effacing. My DH doesn't know what he is feeling for, and I can't reach. headscratch.gif

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#6 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Lots of contractions Friday and yesterday morning.  I was absolutely spent yesterday, so I lay down to take a nap in the afternoon and woke to everything completely stalled.  I've had seriously loose poop the last 2 days though- I probably went 7x yesterday, and peeing with nearly every contraction.  I know we are making progress but not really enough to my liking!  ;) 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#7 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantOfTheWeek View Post

My midwife doesn't check, so I have no idea if I am dilating or effacing. My DH doesn't know what he is feeling for, and I can't reach. headscratch.gif

Same here!! Well, either I can't reach or I have no idea what I'm feeling for. I've tried to read every guide to finding my cervix, but it is all pretty worthless for me in the end because I still have no idea.

#8 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMommaR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantOfTheWeek View Post

Same here!! Well, either I can't reach or I have no idea what I'm feeling for. I've tried to read every guide to finding my cervix, but it is all pretty worthless for me in the end because I still have no idea.

At this point, it all pretty much feels the same to me. Soft and mushy. I could never do the cervix check thing even when I was charting...Either I just have a really long 'gina or my fingers are too short...

#9 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Having some irregular contractions.  Not sure if I should even be paying attention to them.  Some have come closer but the average is about 15 minutes apart.  Nothing amazing.  No other labor symptoms.  *sigh*

I've had the same thing all weekend and into this morning. Some are stronger than others - two or three woke me out of a deep sleep. They were ten minutes apart for most of this morning, and but haven't really progressed beyond that. I lost my mucus plug in pieces, and it had a little blood in it. I'm trying to decide if I should start chugging my cold RRL tea now or wait a bit. 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#10 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 AM

I can't reach my darn cervix. My MW would check if I asked though, so maybe I will tomorrow. I know how it used to feel, but this whole baby head thing on top of everything makes it hard to reach! My body still seems to be cleaning itself out... has been since Saturday. I upped my RRL to 4 cups a day yesterday. 9 days until EDD! 

And just in time, I got word on how to contact my husband by phone while he's deployed! Finally!

Doula and SAHM to Xander (4) and Lorelei (1.5). EC gave me courage to CD! Our children are intact. Our surprise 1st bio baby due Dec 2010!
#11 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 AM

My baby isn't engaged and I have had no show at all. And I have had lots of nausea and poo. 4 times yesterday and one really loose time today (sorry for the TMI..LOL)

#12 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 AM

Lots of cntrx that feel like early labor but nothing regular... just randomly throughout the day and strong enough to even wake me up at night. I know I'm effacing some because I checked myself and I'm probably a little dilated but have been that way throughout most of the 2nd/3rd trimester. It'll take a whopper of a cntrx to get my attention at this point!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#13 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 AM

I've been having a few a day, but not a lot.  I did start losing my mucous plug yesterday.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#14 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 01:50 PM

I had some at the hospital while we were there for monitoring the other day, but they had completely fizzled out within a few hours.  I've had a few at home, but nothing remotely regular.  A somewhat upset tummy/GI tract, but that is probably more related to my emotions being wrenched around after the scare and hospital stay. 

I am hoping baby stays put at least till this weekend! 

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#15 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Mine from yesterday fizzled out but they started back up again this afternoon.  Still irregular, still just annoying.  My dad is flipping out thinking I'm going to have the baby like right now.  I thought he knew more about birth than this, haha.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page