It's my due date and... nothing. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since my daughter was 2 weeks late (with an induction) I thought there would be some kind of pregnancy karma and this guy would come 2 weeks early. I woke up at midnight to our alarm going off. DH set it so I would know it was officially my EDD and that I could go ahead and have the baby. He thought it was pretty funny. uhoh3.gif Anybody starting to get the phone calls yet where people have nothing to say, and if you don't answer they leave you worried messages? I think I may just turn my phone off until baby comes!

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

#2 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM

Oh, your husband...... I can laugh because it's not me, but if my husband did that, he would get a plentiful supply of very dirty looks. wink1.gif

I thought for sure I would have some good pregnancy karma stored up. I've since learned that there is absolutely no way to predict in any way whatsoever how each labor and pregnancy will go. I thought since my first was a textbook labor and delivery that my second would follow suit by being slightly shorter. #1 was 12 hours; #2 was a very intense 3. Then I thought, I've had two kids, surely the third labor will go very smoothly and I'll know exactly what to expect. Wrong again: I had prodromal labor pains for several weeks, a false alarm where my poor doula came all the way to my house just in time to see my contractions putter to a complete stop, and finally I went into labor two weeks late and the labor lasted 12 hours. When I was pregnant with my fourth I thought SURELY this time I would have a nice short easy labor, he's probably pop right out and I'd go right back to my normal life. Nope, that labor was 56 hours long from the time my water broke until he was finally born three weeks late. I have never, ever, ever been less sure of when a baby will be born. My u/s says 12/13 and my LMP says 12/17, but my cycles are a little off and that date has never been right. But I've also been 6 weeks early, 2 weeks early, right on time, 2 weeks late, and 3 weeks late, so I've been telling people that I'm due "sometime." :)

I haven't gotten the "when are you going to have that baby" crap yet, but I'm sure it's coming. When it does, I'm letting the answering machine take our calls on the home phone, heavily screening my cell phone calls, and turning off messaging and wall posts on Facebook. I don't want to hear it, it drives me crazy. DH and I were just reminiscing about the time when I was past my EDD with #3 and my half-sister told me that her mom (my stepmom) was begging her to call me and see if I'd had the baby yet. My sister said, "I'm sure she'll let you know." My stepmom replied in a panic, "WHAT IF SHE FORGETS?!?!" duh.gif

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 AM

I've been avoiding telling people my due date (which is Dec 5) and just saying we're expecting a baby around Christmas time. I've been induced at 8 days over twice and my only non induced baby was 12 days late. So I don't expect to have a baby any time soon. Yet still people are already asking if I've had the baby yet!! What the heck? It drives me batty. If anything, it just makes me want to hold on to the baby a few more weeks out of spite. I'm not even at the EDD yet, gimme a break. And yeah, as if we're going to give birth and just not tell anyone. Sigh.

Happy due date runkin. I hope it's soon for you.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#4 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 09:35 AM

I'm a few days away from the due date and (thankfully) surprised that I'm not getting bombarded with calls.  I have gotten regular texts from a one person with the "How are you feeling?" stuff though. Ugh, it is as though she thinks I'm not gonna tell them when I do actually have the baby! I know she's just eager and excited, but it gets annoying.

#5 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkin View Post

I woke up at midnight to our alarm going off. DH set it so I would know it was officially my EDD and that I could go ahead and have the baby. He thought it was pretty funny. uhoh3.gif

Maybe to get him back, you can wake him up each night when you get up to pee, just to let him know "it's not time yet" :P

musicoholic likes this.
#6 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 09:40 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My last baby came 4 weeks early and spent 11 days in the NICU. I said that if that as long as this baby stayed put, I would not complain about going past my due date to make up the difference from my last birth. Somehow I'm getting the feeling he's gonna make me do just that. LOL I do have 6 days till my EDD but so far I don' think there's that much going on and that's just fine with me. But I'm so sick of hearing "When are you gonna have that baby?" or "Haven't you had that baby yet?" Sheesh, he'll get here when he's good and ready. Leave me alone. I've been having people ask me for a few weeks. He wasn't even fullterm and they were bugging me.

With my first baby, I was getting several calls every single day asking if the baby was here. Drove me nuts. I went 5 days over with him and it was the longest 5 days. Not because I was uncomfortable but because my friends and family wouldn't leave me alone.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejagerw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkin View Post

I woke up at midnight to our alarm going off. DH set it so I would know it was officially my EDD and that I could go ahead and have the baby. He thought it was pretty funny. uhoh3.gif

Maybe to get him back, you can wake him up each night when you get up to pee, just to let him know "it's not time yet" :P

Ha, Ha!! I like that idea!

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

#8 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm starting to get those calls... ever since my mom got here my dad has been flipping out at any little sign and bugging my mom to take me to the hospital.  I think I'm going to know when I need to get moving.  Most labors don't start with pushing, lol.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#9 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 02:21 PM

My 4th was 2 weeks late and induced, too.   I remember the torture vividly, particularly the pressure from dh's company, wanting to know when he was going to be off and coming back. greensad.gif

None of my kids has come before 40w1d, so part of me figures I won't go into labor early based on that.  The other part feels that's a perfect reason to prepare to go early.  I hate the waiting game!

Change the message on your phone to something slightly snarky.  Most people should get the hint!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#10 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullHouse View Post

Change the message on your phone to something slightly snarky.  Most people should get the hint!

We totally did that last time! Our message said, "no, we haven't had the baby yet" and then the usual leave a message stuff. Most people found it funny, but some were offended! We got complaints. And then we forgot to change it for like 2 days after having the baby, so noone would believe us this time if we did it again anyway. Oops. hehe.

#11 of 18 Old 12-01-2010, 07:35 PM

No one is calling me yet or bugging me, but every time I call one of my parents or my sister, it's oh, are you in labor? Is anything happening? I know they are just excited, and my family has been so supportive of me and this pregnancy and our plans so it doesn't bother me. I am sort of starting to feel like a ticking time bomb though whenever I go out in public. Comments like, oh it looks like you're about to pop! and Haven't had that baby yet, huh? And I think I haven't even reached my due date, I don't expect to have the baby yet. I avoided telling very many people the the due date, and have mostly just said December, or early December. My family knows though, and DH's and he has told people the due date. Oh, well, as long as no one bugs us. DS was born at 41 weeks, so while I know it's possible I don't expect to go early. I am feeling ready though, and more impatient than last time.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#12 of 18 Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM

I'm still three weeks away from my due date and ALL I heard at work was "haven't you popped out that baby yet" over and over and over every day!!! MAN I was so sick of that!

I'm off work now till baby comes and I'm starting to do it to myself! I want to be done! Every contraction I'm cheering myself on, saying... yeah... go ahead... go into labor!!  I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow, but it feels like that's enough for me. BUT for baby... I don't know what he needs, so I'll just keep hanging out till he's ready.  My gp wants to break my water on the 14th, which is 10 days before my EDD if my blood pressure keeps going up... but I checked it today and it was normal... it was normal at my NST and the only place it's been high is at the GP's office... I'm starting to think their machine is mis-calibrated. I am going to take my own cuff with me at the next appointment and ask them to use that instead so I can see if it's all just been a false alarm.

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#13 of 18 Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM

I totally understand! It's our first, and I'm an only child, so you can just imagine how over the moon my parents are. They are making me CRAZY! I get like 10 texts a day from my mom even though I told her we would let her know when the baby's born (I really don't want to tell people when I go into labor b/c I don't want to have to update them every half hour at the hospital). If i don't answer within her time frame, then she and my dad are calling non-stop. It doesn't help that I'm living alone in the city waiting for the baby to come (no emergency services in my town, accessible only by plane), and that DH is flying across the country tonight until next Wed. It's not ideal but it's a trip he needs to make (and that I want him to make), and since my EDD isn't until 12/11, chances are I'll still be prego when he gets back, but my mom got nasty the other day about it and how she needed to fly up and i didn't know what I was doing, etc., etc. I've had as much as I can stand! I know she's worried and excited, but honestly, BACK OFF! Whew... okay... vent over. I can't wait until baby's here, though I have a feeling it might get worse.... sigh.

#14 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Aaaaaaand today is my due date.  He's dropped down some and I had crazy every-two-minutes contractions last night but it all fizzled out once I went to try to sleep.  My father in law even called yesterday to see if I've had the baby.  People seriously think I'm going to keep it all a secret don't they?  Yeah... I wish he would come already too!!  Its not like I'm holding him in on purpose!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#15 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 07:01 AM

Happy due date to meeee, happy due date too meee (and wife of Ant) :)

I'm definitely feeling D-O-N-E and have been telling the baby they are more than welcome to come out any time now. Everynight I go to bed with some contractions and either wake in the night to prodromal or wake in the morning feeling sad that I didn't go into labor in the night. 

But really, I didn't expect the baby to come early. And I may very well have 2 weeks left. So I need to adjust my mindset a bit or I'll go crazy.

#16 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 AM

And me, FSG! My original date (15th I think?) was based on dates, then the US before 20th week said earlier, so the MW split the difference and declared the 5th. So I'm in the fun place of having two EDDs depending on how you look at it, who is right, but today is the first one and same thing, I was feeling  painful contrax thru the night, but very irregular, a sore back and woke up to...nothing. I could very well go past the 15th but I really had it in my head that he'd come before now, perhaps (very) unrealistic of me...and I feel your pain, WOA, my mother, who LIVES HERE, keeps harassing me "feeling anything yet?" oh yeah I'm in full blown labour and hiding it from you! angry.gif

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#17 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Happy due date to you too. :) So, is it a race then? Hehe. I'd so lose. My body knows exactly how to contract, and it does an awesome job at it. It's just not very good at actually letting go of the babies and going into labor. And I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something, which will probably set everything back further because I doubt my body would go into labor while I'm ill. So I'll get to look after all my kids all week, while feeling ill and being past my due date and extremely hormonally grumpy. This is going to be a fun week for my family. Yippee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post

And me, FSG! My original date (15th I think?) was based on dates, then the US before 20th week said earlier, so the MW split the difference and declared the 5th. So I'm in the fun place of having two EDDs depending on how you look at it, who is right, but today is the first one and same thing, I was feeling  painful contrax thru the night, but very irregular, a sore back and woke up to...nothing. I could very well go past the 15th but I really had it in my head that he'd come before now, perhaps (very) unrealistic of me...and I feel your pain, WOA, my mother, who LIVES HERE, keeps harassing me "feeling anything yet?" oh yeah I'm in full blown labour and hiding it from you! angry.gif

#18 of 18 Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 AM

Well wife of ant is winning if it is a race! biggrinbounce.gif I feel like this one is pretty happy where he is, who knows when I'll go...shrug.gif

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page