Dh is driving me crazy with the names - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

4 months ago, I thought we had pretty much decided on a name~ Adelaide Jane.  Adelaide was the runner up when dd was born, and I've always loved it.  Dh told me a month ago that he doesn't like it now because it rhymes with lemonade.  banghead.gif

So, after lots and lots of searching and arguing, we came up with two options, and we had decided to choose after we met her. We FINALLY decided on middle names the past few days.

Yesterday he tells me he is in love with the name Valencia, which is a name I brought up weeks ago as a sort of joke since I've craved orange juice this whole pregnancy.  Adelaide isn't ok because it rhymes with lemonade, but Valencia is ok?  GAH!!!!!!!

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM

I like when names rhyme with things because it increases my ability to make cutesy nicknames. shy.gif DH strongly vetoed Clare because I kept talking about how I'd make her a chocolate cake for her first birthday and after she got smeared with chocolate, I'd call her Chocolate-y Clare (chocolate eclair). 

Sorry you're having a hard time...for what it's worth I think Adelaide is a beautiful name and it sounds great with Jane (and Eleanore). I never would have associated it with lemonade if you hadn't mentioned it. I hope the two of you can come to a compromise without too much stress.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 3 Old 11-30-2010, 05:14 PM

LOL My DH is being really impossible too. I'm SHOCKED I got him to agree on a first name. Still waiting on him to work on the middle.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page