The month we've all been waiting for... DECEMBER!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Ahhhh!!!  I'm due in 4 days now (its past midnight, hehe).  I'm just hoping he comes soon.  How is everyone else doing?

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#2 of 19 Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's not quite midnight here, but YEAH!  I've got a bit more than a week, maybe two, but probably not more than that.  I am SO READY TO BE DONE! 

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#3 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 04:06 AM

Wow!  I am still hoping that Squirt comes around the 19th, but because that date is in the middle of the month, basically, the entire month of December is "on time" for me.  And I am feeling so very ready to have my baby in my arms!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#4 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 05:08 AM

Mini panic attack over here this morning!

One of my biggest fears with this pregnancy has been December weather.  Here we are, 12/1, and it's pouring.  Our roads will ice up tonight.  Not the way I wanted to start Birth Month, lol!

I just keep trying to focus on snowy January nights, cuddled up with a new baby.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#5 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 AM

I can't even believe it I made it to the month of December, had such an intense summer at work this year! I was so thrilled to turn the calendar page this morning!! Have a 38.5 appt after work today. I've been having such an awful time sleeping at night, hips hurting no matter which way I am lying, that I am so ready to have this baby. People keep telling me that this is prep for being awake with the baby, and okay, great, I am totally ready to be awake with the little one but not be in extreme pain when I am simply laying in bed. I've been up for hours each night for many nights now, dragging myself in to work every morning. I am so ready to have my baby in my arms and stay home and enjoy a new set of joys and challenges, but different from these last few weeks of pregnancy.

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#6 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've got 5 days till my "due date". I'm anxious for him to get here but I'm doing fine. If he goes past due I'll be fine with that too. My pelvis is sore but really I feel pretty good. I really thought he might squeak in at the end of November but apparently he wanted a December birthday.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Hooray for December!!

I'm not due until ~12/15 but I would be so happy if the baby would make an early debut...DH put up some Christmas lights over the weekend and we got our tree last night, so I really feel like it's the holidays already (and therefore our baby should be here, right?). The hardest part for me these days is the uncertainty - I really wish I had a crystal ball to tell me when I'll go into labor!

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#8 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 AM

I'm glad we made it into December broc1.gif, we've had such a hard November with DH's mother passing, he really wanted lil man to wait until December and of course now we're like "Ok, come on down!" I'm due anywhere from the 5th (US) to the 15th (dates) and I went early with DD, but not sure what early would mean in this case, it could mean really soon or the 10th...I'm done work at the end of the week, so perhaps it would be nice for him to hang out until the weekend...I've had some sharp head-butting pain with contrax here and there, but nothing else. We might start DTD in earnest to see if that gets things going...

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#9 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 08:09 AM

Wow, November went by fast. We've made it to Dec, YAY. :) I'm excited. Lots of things to do now to stay busy, making gingerbread houses with kids, baking cookies etc. Should keep me occupied and keep me from staring at my uterus all day wondering when my time will come.

And this board is going to get buzzing with birth announcements, which is so super exciting.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#10 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Julian will be in my arms in 8 days or less!  That's nuts!  My place still looks like a disaster and I am mentally not in newborn land...yet.  

Really-it's time to make a schedule, daily to do list of sorts so I can get these final preparations accomplished.

The excitement is starting to creep it's way in but still not fully realized.

All the best mamas!

#11 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 09:42 AM

My EDD is 12/22 so the kid is officially full term! I don't know if it's coincidence or wishful thinking but I've been feeling slightly nauseous and ever so mildly crampy today. Been noticing mucus when I use the loo lately, too.

My only concern is I'm not sure the kid is in the right position anymore. The past few days, I've been feeling a lot of poking in the front, whereas I used to only feel the butt and kicks to the ribs. I hope s/he rolls back into a nice solid OA before the big day.

Maaan...the kid better not come any time soon. I have major plans for the next week or so!  nono.gif

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#12 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Holy crap, December. It's my OWN birthday on Friday (26!) and I haven't even had a chance to think about it, with all the preparation for Sprout's birthday...

I had a bit of a breakdown this morning. We moved into our new house about two weeks ago and most things are still in boxes. The moving company was a total disaster, didn't label anything, broke a bunch of stuff, so a lot of things are just piled haphazardly in the basement too. I was looking for envelopes and I couldn't find them for the life of me, even though I had a picture in my head of exactly where they'd been in the apartment. I got so fed up with all the chaos I just sat down and cried. Then I found the envelopes -- in a box of bathroom supplies sitting in the hallway. Arghgh!!

I took a hot shower and feel a little better now.

My EDD is anywhere between 12/16 and 12/21 depending what calculations you go by so it could be a while yet. When I look at the calendar and count up only a few weeks left of my partner and I being just a couple, just the two of us, it seems awfully short. I really can't decide whether to wish for an early birth or hope s/he stays put a few more weeks. I'm profoundly uncomfortable after 3-4 months of SPD, but I also have two weeks left of work on my contract (I'm a consultant). I guess it's just as well it doesn't matter what I wish for -- Sprout will no doubt grace us with his/her presence whenever s/he's good and ready! 

I did start with the EPO a few days ago though because I can't imagine still being pregnant a month from now, even though I know it's not completely out of the realm of possibility!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#13 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Hooray for December - officially full term!   Last day of work next Tuesday, which will put me right at 38 weeks.  Just received my nursing bra (best black Friday purchase ever!), wool nursing pads in the mail.  Home stretch!

#14 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 PM

I am due in one week. Could be any time now, although I have a feeling I'll make it to my next appointment with the midwives which is Tuesday. I feel like I'll probably go over my due date but I'm hoping not by much. Few days is fine, but I am feeling more and more ready to have this baby. DH is done with finals Friday, so anytime after is fine with me. I had a great prenatal with my midwives yesterday and am feeling ready and actually not to anxious or afraid at the moment which is a great state of mind that I have tried but struggled with this pregnancy. I am feeling good and like I can do it and everything will go well. I am having a hard time doing much though, or taking DS anywhere. I feel bad that we are home so much, but I have hardly any energy, even to do the grocery shopping, DH has been doing a lot of it. I guess I am in that nesting phase, turning inward in preparation to have this baby. Feeling sporadic BH's contractions at times. Not sleeping well. I am really curious about this baby and excited to meet him or her! It kinda blows my mind that soon I will have a little tiny baby in my arms!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#15 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 PM

it felt weid to say yes the 23rd of this THIS month LOL

so happy to be here

do not want to be here long LOLOL

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#16 of 19 Old 12-01-2010, 08:15 PM

just wanted to say hang in there to everyone waiting on babes and congratulations to all of us for making it here!

i am just on the other side, sitting here snuggling my 3 day old baby girl, sitting on an ice pack and remembering all the struggles of the last few weeks of pregnancy. good luck ladies and i know you're gonna make it. soon we will all be sharing about our babes and i look forward to it!!

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#17 of 19 Old 12-02-2010, 11:58 AM

I'm full term today! With all the germs going around my immune system has been running overdrive and wearing me out. I feel huge and it hurts to walk. I feel terrible not being able to do much for my family. So frustrating. I know baby still feels really small to me though so while I'd love for him to be born now I really don't think he's ready.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#18 of 19 Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 PM

I'm due the 6th!!! YAY!

#19 of 19 Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Two more days... at least until my due date.  I've been walking laps around my apartment complex trying to get something moving.  I think I got him to drop a little but I can only walk one lap at a time, lol.  COME ON KID!  I can't wait for DH to get home because he can motivate me.  I have really no motivation of my own although I really want to be done.  I loved being pregnant, I loved having another person living inside of me, but now its starting to get to where I've had enough.  I love ya kid but its about time we move on to the next step in our lives.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page