Hey mamas-- I'm home! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so glad the kiddos are doing well (they are adorable!!!) and I hope you feel better soon!!

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM

They are precious! Glad to hear you are back home and on the mend.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#33 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM

I am so glad you are home AM! Your babes are beautiful. luxlove.gif luxlove.gif More prayers for your healing and for breastfeeding for you. 

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#34 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

Climbergirl, that's intense. I've been reading stories of women diagnosed with PPCM and one thing that seems to be universal is that their health care providers just didn't listen to them. I was very very lucky in that respect.

I took a shower this morning and it knocked me out for 2 hours. :/ But, my BP is waaaaay down and so is my resting pulse-- it was flitting around 100-115 in the hospital-- and I had been getting a little more milk pumped this morning, but the last time not so much. :( A good family friend is coming over to give the babies a bath for me because they're getting kind of whiffy. And my husband has the next 4 1/2 weeks off. I have a cardiologist appointment sometime in the next week or so and another echocardiogram in 3-4 weeks.

We have an excellent team of LCs in the hospital and they really went to bat for me. I am the local LLL leader, LOL! I actually have already had to ask 2 people to call the leader the next town over because I can't even deal with helping calls right now. And I only feel a little bit guilty about it. I was in touch with Jack Newman and Thomas Hale about the meds and breastfeeding issue as well.

I will definitely want to chat with you a little down the road. My "baby" sister has been a Godsend through all this as well. I feel like I've been stuck reassuring some of the grown-ups in my life and it's just exhausting. I hope that doesn't sound too ungracious, but it's just hard to feel like I have to be patting other people on the head and helping them feel better right now when I'm having such a difficult time wrapping my own brain around it all. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But I'm so thankful for all the love and prayers and support and for my sweet little babies who are next to me holding hands!

Hey, I am a local LLL leader as well :)  My experience with Aiden made me want to help other women in hard situations.  That is good you have been in touch with Newman and Hale.  Don't feel bad about having to send people to another leader!!!  Seriously.  You need to take care of yourself and the other leaders can handle the calls.  I have pretty much told my co-leaders that I am "out" on maternity leave.  Since all 3 co-leaders are IBCLC now, I even have them on-call to come over and help ME out if needed :)  You need to add that to you voicemail message so you don't have to deal with actually talking to people.

Yeah, there was a lot of reassuring others.  My mom would get so mad at me that I had no info on what was going on.  Yeah, I know, I was frustrated as well, so getting mad at me is not going to help.  I was telling her everything I knew and my doc would come in for 10 minutes a DAY and basically say that I could not leave and avoid all my questions.  My FIL was finally able to get some info, but that was because my FIL has the MD behind his name as well.  Grrr....

Funny how those "baby" sisters can be the best support!  That is so sweet they are holding hands.  One day, they will support each other like our siblings supported us!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#35 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 06:51 PM

I am so glad you are home and I hope your health continues to improve by leaps and bounds. Those babies are adorable!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#36 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 PM

What a scary experience. I hope you have a fast recovery and I hope your adorable babes take to nursing with no problems. So glad you're ok and home! I had no idea about PPCM.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#37 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Those babies are scrumptious!  Did you make their little knitted hats?  Thank you for sharing pictures. 

#38 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The knitted hats were from MDC's own Shantimama! And the colorway is Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. They wore them a lot of the time they were in the hospital and it made me smile every time I saw them.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#39 of 50 Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

How adorably appropriate!  Especially for Miss Molly.  Does her name allude only to HP, or were there other inspirations as well?

#40 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 05:10 AM

I just keep coming back to this thread to see the pictures - that pic of them holding hands makes me want twins!!  They are so cute and precious and....well, there really aren't words to describe them!!!  Keep them close mama, and take good care of yourself!

#41 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

How adorably appropriate!  Especially for Miss Molly.  Does her name allude only to HP, or were there other inspirations as well?

Definitely a Harry Potter allusion. :D Matthew's is as well. Well, his middle name, Gideon is. Molly Prewitt Weasley's twin brothers were Gideon and Fabian. Fabian was off the table, but we managed to work in Gideon. Molly's actual name is "Mary Beatrice". The middle name is my husband's grandmother, who is actually not doing well. I was really hoping we would be able to take the three hour trip to Lancaster some time in the near future so she could see the babies before she passes, but I don't know if that will happen. And Mary is in honor of the Mother of God, because after we lost two babies last year, I prayed and promised if we had a girl we would name her after Mary. I know God doesn't actually work that way, but I figured I should stick to my end of the bargain anyway, just in case.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#42 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 06:20 AM

I am so glad that you are home, and okay!  The babies are just beautiful!  Look at that hair!  joy.gif

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#43 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 AM

they are amazing and precious little babies. so many congratulations!

#44 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

I posted my birth story and more pictures here:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1283473/the-amazing-birth-of-matthew-and-molly-followed-by-pph-and-peripartum-cardiomyopathy

#45 of 50 Old 12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Those are beautiful names.  I remember Gideon and Fabian from the books as people who had fought the good fight.  I think it's lovely to bring that into a middle name and have a cool name with a story behind it, and a story they can share when they are old enough.

I read your birth story as well.  What a long, strange, scary journey.  Thank you for sharing.

#46 of 50 Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM

I came searching to see how you were doing to see that you are home!!! How wonderful to hear that. Congrats on your babies!!!

Sending healing vibes and great first nursing sessions with your babies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#47 of 50 Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 PM

DDCC winky.gif -

I posted in your story thread, but I'll post here as well.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy to see that so far you are doing amazing, all things considered!!! I'm also happy that if ANYONE can get twins totally on the boob after that kind of craziness, it's YOU! orngbiggrin.gif

I also think the HP references are just AWESOME!!! hehehe. love.gif

Oh, and your babies are GORGEOUS. Seriously. Beautiful things.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#48 of 50 Old 12-06-2010, 01:37 AM

Another DDCC smile.gif

Congratulations, your babies are sooo cute!joy.gif

My heart goes out to you over the breastfeeding issues.  I have been having my own set of downward spiral when it comes to breastfeeding my twins and my dh told me something the other night when I was feeling really down about it that I thought might encourage you.  He reminded me that I am always talking to other mom's about breastfeeding and that my goal is to become a LLL leader and that I could, if I wanted to, look at all the problems I have been having with breastfeeding as opportunities to know how to help other women in the future that I may have not been able to understand at emotional level before. 

It sure doesn't help completely, but it did make me feel better and I hope that maybe it helped you as well.  You did and are doing a GREAT job Annettemarie.hug.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#49 of 50 Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
AM, you might want to update your signature! :-)

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#50 of 50 Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Read everything and so glad you are home and babies are good! What an amazing experience, very scary I am sure but a blessing too!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page