gushes of fluid and mucus plug all day... now what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yesterday morning I lost a bunch of plug had lots of bh but nothing really happened all day, some cramping felt like i was about to get af

woke up this morning, lots of plug again and then gushes of fluid, when i move or especially when i cough throughout the day.

Called midwife, she said we need to get me in labor within 48 hours, she is pretty sure it will happen on its own, call her back when im in pain

im not in pain....

i've done a ton today laundry, cleaning, bed making, vacuuming whole house, walking a  lot, cooking etc etc

Now it's 6:30 and im feeling NOTHING

With dd same thing happened, but it was a hospital birth so i went in to the hospital they checked and said its amniotic fluid and then i walked for a few hours nothing happened and after about 8 hours they started pit, then broke the water bag, after 24 hours i got an epi and 10 hours later she was born - so basically induced and had pit the whole time

so im really worried that this time will be the same

I guess the fact t hat im having mucus and fluid is a sign that my body IS doing SOMETHING and getting ready right? This waiting is driving me crazy though

o i'm due today....

Any suggestions? experience?

I want him to come when he is ready and i want it to be all natural and on my own so i dont want to do any epo or castor oil or anything (i mean orally of course cause i know there is risk of infection now that water is leaking)

#2 of 6 Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 PM

You can take Swiss Kriss, which is a very gentle herbal laxative that doesn't cause intense contractions or diarrhea like castor oil might. The suggested dosage is two tablets but when I was in your same position - my water broke and I had a couple contractions here and there, but nothing was happening. My MW suggested upping my vitamin C intake to help prevent infection (she specifically recommended Emergen-C) and after 48 hours had passed and nothing was going on, she told me to take 10 Swiss Kriss...maybe even 15? I think it was 10, though. I had a normal BM later in the evening but no diarrhea (sorry if TMI) and just as my MW suspected, labor kicked in a few hours later and he was born the next morning. 

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 6 Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 PM

You can try nipple stimulation too. I know it's still an intervention, but it's better than pit, right? I hope that when you relax and get some sleep tonight you'll wake up in full swing labor and have a beautiful birth. :)

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#4 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

had random contractions all night 4 - 8 min apart but strong, tried to sleep, but finally couldnt woke up to have a bm and water gushed HUGE, like scared the crap out of me haha, nice and clear since then I've had so much water gushing! I had no idea this is what it was like! Water never broke with dd. I am walking around naked with a huge towel between my legs for 3 hours now..

once water broke i felt huge relief of pressure and contractions stopped. Now they are starting up again.

midwife said it could be 3 hours or 12...

of course dh didnt check the fittings on the hose for the birthing tub, so that was drama till we got the right fitting then he put the tub liner on the floor as a floor liner a few weeks ago when we set up the tub (we had many plastic liners and mattress pads etc, I had it seperate but he didnt pay attn) so now my mom had to go to the midwives house about 30 min away to go get another liner, luckily midwife had one, but then we still need to fill the tub, hopefully we will have enough time to do it all. Im pissed at dh for nto being prepared, well i was im over it now...  make a long story short i woke him up at 5 and said get the tub set up and now its 8 and its hours from being set up! just a vent...

#5 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM

Good luck today....thinking of you and sending birthing vibes your way!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#6 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 AM

That;s a good reminder to me that we need to check our hose adapter to make sure it works! Last time we just got the tub set up in time, I got in, had one contraction and felt pushy and 2 contractions later my son was in my arms. I'm hoping to get it done earlier this time so I can actually use it for labor!!

I'm so excited for you. Sounds like today is going to be your baby's birthday!!! I hope it all goes beautifully.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page