Checking in - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-04-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Phew. Life has been very very busy for me, and I have hardly been online at all. 

I am finally feeling ready to give birth and getting quite excited about it joy.gif I have an electric pump humming in the background as I inflate the birthing pool and make sure there are no tears or punctures - my home is almost as organised as I would like it to be, I have made all the clothing/accessories that I need for the baby, and for DS for this winter. Although, here in the Middle East we are still kind of in summer. The coolest it gets in the early morning is 15 C (60F) and it is warm warm warm during the day. I am still in T-Shirts and sandals, which I am not happy about.

I got over all the nastiness of tummy bugs at +-36 weeks and have been feeling great since then.

I am so excited to meet this little one.

And I am loving seeing pics of the little ones who have already been born in our DDC. love.gif

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-05-2010, 07:14 AM

Yay for feeling ready!!!!  I'm hoping to get there by next weekend.  We've been having 20-30 F temps lately so 60 sounds great!!  :)  I'm excted for you and can't wait to hear when baby comes!!

#3 of 4 Old 12-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Megan, Glad all is well...did you ever go through and finish all your BFW drawings? I didn't ever do them, but may get to some this week, I got stuck at my fantasy birth and then moved onto focussing more on hypnobirthing, but I see now that I want more to get back to BFW. 

I too am so excited to meet this little one...I can barely contain the excitement sometimes. It's so real and so CLOSE!!!!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#4 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, it is exciting. I now have the snuggle nest with a mattress that I made ready in our bed. I have all the diaper supplies laid out. I even made my own calendula salve.

Nope, I did not finish the BFW drawings. I got bogged down with all sorts of family drama with my dad - and that pretty demanded all of my emotional reserves. I think I have faced my tiger, and also at least got the foundation for healing my very broken relationship with my father.

Every little twinge is getting my attention now - as I just am so excited to meet this little one and welcome him or her into our family.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page