The overdue thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pretty familiar with my cervix when I'm not pregnant but it sure is harder to reach around the big belly! I have to say that it is alot easier on me when I check than when my midwife checks. Plus, I have seriously long arms proportional to the rest of me, so that helps. I can really only reach while I'm sitting on the pot and now I can feel the front of my cervix but I can't quite reach the back of it past the baby's head. I'm hoping that means that I am a good bit more dilated. Anyway, baby's head is lower still and we made it thru going out to dinner for my oldest's birthday and now I can relax and rest and have this baby whenever it decides to come!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM

I'm a day past my "official" EDD (by u/s). By LMP, I'm nearly 2w past! However, I am trying not to complain too much because this pregnancy hasn't been as physically difficult as my other three. Other than feel rather bulky, I'm not feeling much pain. 

I let my midwife check me on Friday and I was about 2cm dilated, baby still pretty high up. 

I have big dinner plans for Tues and Weds of this week, so I can't have the baby til at least Thursday. And Friday is a surprise-party for a friend of mine so maybe next weekend...

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 AM

I am a grumpy miserable person today.

DS is better (he had a fever and was poorly). I am running out of projects to keep my mind occupied..... I just want this baby out already!!!

Argh. I am only 40 + 3, but I was so sure I would give birth before I got to 40 and it's just not happening.

I KNOW baby will come when s/he is ready and there is no rushing it. I do know this. But I want him or her in my arms already!

On the up side, I am really enjoying DTD. My sex drive has been almost non existent during the pregnancy, and now I am just loving it again, so that is a good thing I guess.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post

Argh. I am only 40 + 3, but I was so sure I would give birth before I got to 40 and it's just not happening.

I KNOW baby will come when s/he is ready and there is no rushing it. I do know this. But I want him or her in my arms already!

On the up side, I am really enjoying DTD. My sex drive has been almost non existent during the pregnancy, and now I am just loving it again, so that is a good thing I guess.

This. I am really trying to be more zen than in recent days, but I really thought I'd have him in the first week of December and the closer we get to Christmas, the more disappointed I feel, I really wanted to avoid the whole birthday/Christmas blend for this guy, but yes, no rushing it...DTD is pretty fun, last time I was 100% not into it and this time it's been fun AND any assistance it can be to jumpstart labour is ok with me!!! Bonus for DH!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 AM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM

Derek's first birthday is Sunday. I am really hoping I go before then. I will be truly sad if Daniel comes after that. They are supposed to be Irish Twins :(

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post

This. I am really trying to be more zen than in recent days, but I really thought I'd have him in the first week of December and the closer we get to Christmas, the more disappointed I feel, I really wanted to avoid the whole birthday/Christmas blend for this guy, but yes, no rushing it...DTD is pretty fun, last time I was 100% not into it and this time it's been fun AND any assistance it can be to jumpstart labour is ok with me!!! Bonus for DH!

I got through today sane, which is a good thing of course.

DH is pretty keen for the baby to be here, and is pretty happy to do anything to help  lol.gif

Tomorrow morning we have planned a family morning at a local cafe - Thursday with friends - I am just planning on something for each day so that I do not go stark raving mad!!!!

Now it seems to obvious, but I never really entertained the idea of going past 40 weeks as DS came spontaneously before I got to 40 weeks. My midwife keeps saying it's just numbers and days. Baby will come when s/he is ready, which will probably be in the next week.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM

ema adama, I am right there with you... 40+3 and I feel like it's an eternity. My mom had her 2 kids both 2 weeks early, so I was certain I would as well. I feel like this is the biggest mental challenge of my life, sitting around for the biggest life change to happen (this is our first). Also trying to plan something to do every day just not to go absolutely mad. What's worse is my SIL gave birth a week ago and while I am happy for them, it just makes my wait feel even longer looking at their pics. I stopped working just because I can't take answering questions about the due date anymore. Who else is still in this thread and grumpy? I know some have switched into the postpartum chat, hope to join you soon...

Jamie

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 PM

I'm still here. Had some contractions last night, and was really hoping/thinking that was it. Apparently not yet. Just had my appointment with my midwife. We mostly just chatted, and she did the checks on baby. We decided she will come again on Fri afternoon, if I'm still pregnant, and we may be a little more aggressive, stir things up then. Cervical check, and maybe strecth and sweep. I am really hoping I call her in labor before Friday. DS was born at 41 weeks, which I am tomorrow. I know that baby will come when ready and it could be different than last time, but I really thought baby would be here by the time DS was born, not later. Been having some mental struggles. I need to plan things to do to keep myself busy. I hope you have you have your hbac coraljean, and me too!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM

I have an appointment on Friday, too, along with an ultrasound and bioscan or whatever it's called. I'm struggling with this, too, I want to trust my body but I am afraid of having to involve doctors, it's really hard for me to trust them and I don't want their interventions. So let's hope tonight works out...

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 12-16-2010, 01:05 AM

Yesterday I was all crampy and getting my hopes up. This morning I am just very pregnant, but not crampy at all! I did get a good nights sleep, so that is something, but GRRRRR. This is not how I saw the end of my pregnancy. Luckily no one is pressurising me or bugging me (other than myself). But GAH!

I know I am horribly conflicted about managing a newborn and DS, especially when he will not get off of me - really needing me physically. I know it is silly, as I am not really in control of my body to that extent, but I worry that I am keeping the baby inside by worrying about how I will cope..... yeah I am worrying - rather a lot.

Need to go back to being in the moment, and accepting each day..... if only it were so easy.

This too shall pass. I will give birth and I will be holding my baby in my arms..... 

Old 12-16-2010, 05:57 AM

Still here. 41weeks, 1 day. Cramping a little, nothing really new about that. That cohosh didn't do a damn thing.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 AM

One thing that can make you wish the baby really wouldn't come tonight when you're this overdue is a cold. DH had it for days and when I felt it coming on last night I tried everything - tea with lemon, ginger and honey, elderberry syrup, vitamin C, chicken soup, lots of water, roasted garlic. Didn't help.

That lovely feeling of a sore throat, not being able to breathe through your nose and complete lack of energy - those are essential for a homebirth, right? I've been leaking some amniotic fluid and for once, I hope it's not a sign of imminent labor. Stay in there, LO.

MW yesterday was encouraging saying it will come when it is ready and that lateness is a sign of healthy development - keep that in mind ladies and hang in there!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:35 PM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif
Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantOfTheWeek View Post

Still here. 41weeks, 1 day. Cramping a little, nothing really new about that. That cohosh didn't do a damn thing.

For me, either. Dammit!! OR the sex OR the acupressure OR the red raspberry leaf tea OR the birth ball OR a very bumpy ride in my mother's old car (ok that last one was not on purpose! orngtongue.gif)

ultrasound and checkup tomorrow morning. Oh how I wanted to avoid that. Guess there's always tonight...

Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM

And thanks, coral jean, for the advice and info, I appreciate the BTDT perspective!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM

Thanks Coral Jean, it was so nice to have a personal response like that love.gif

I just spoke to my midwife and she is wanting me to set up a monitor appointment. Which I understand, but I am a little disappointed. I will only get the appointment for Sunday (here the weekend is Friday/Saturday) and I am off to register with a doctor now. I have managed to get through this pregnancy without registering with a national health doctor and I really wanted to avoid that. They are so anti homebirth and, well, I just wanted to avoid them. 

So, now I am off to register at the clinic and hopefully get an appointment for Sunday to do a monitor. I'll see the midwife tomorrow for her to check me physically, I just hope that in the next two days I go into labour spontaneously. 

Old 12-17-2010, 04:06 AM

Well, it turns out I have to go to the hospital for monitoring after 41 weeks. greensad.gif I so did not want to have to have anything to do with a hospital.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 AM

Still here. My midwife didn't really ever say what would constitute a hospital transfer or medical intervention. She isn't connected to a hospital, OB/GYN practice or anything. Daniel is still moving around like crazy though. That tells me that he is tolerating things pretty well.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM

Megan you mean to the hospital for a non-stress test sort of thing, not for the birth right?  I'm sorry!  I'd try to postpone the appt a few days to avoid the stress of it!

CoralJean, happy 42 weeks to you! ;)  I hope you are doing and feeling well!

I'm not over due until Tues so I'll bow out now. :)

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 AM

Yeah, the hospital for a session of monitoring and U/S, to get a biophysical profile. Not birth. Although when I start stressing out about it I imagine them pressurising me to be hospitalised and induced.

Which they will have to give me a very good reason for. As soon as I re-realised that I still choose, and I will base my decisions on medical information specific to mine and our babies health, not protocol, I calmed down - a LOT. I hate getting into confrontations - but I think I have the skills to make sure that I do not get unnecessary interventions without pissing anyone off.

And we could go into labour before Sunday morning. 

Reading the Informed Choice section in Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering really helped me focus again.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:45 AM

Still here. For the last 4 days I have been having light contractions that pick up a little at night, and go away in the morning. Last night they got the strongest they have been, I had to start breathing through them, they were coming every few minutes, I was sure this was it. This morning they have died back down. Midwives are coming at 10:00 to do a check up. I am 41+2, and I don't know/if when I would have to do monitoring. I hope I have the baby before I have to consider. I understand not wanting to have to see a doctor, I certainly don't want to either, especially as a vbac. I keep feeling like it's got to be soon. At least DH is feeling better, but I am so grumpy, feeling like labor is never really going to start, and worrying if it keeps up like this I may not have the stamina I need.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Well, I'm "due" today, so I suppose I can officially join you guys now.  I suppose it's not impossible that I'll have a baby in the 12 hours or so remaining, but I have exactly zero signs of labor, so it's quite doubtful. 

My son was born spontaneously at 40+4, and I've been hopeful that this baby will be the same or earlier.  It seems like everyone I know in real life says "Oh, my first one was the late one, and the second was right on time!"  So it's hard not to be more impatient this time.  Especially since my whole family has to wait in a different town for the baby to show up (no midwives/medical facilities in my tiny rural AK town), and the thought of potentially being here for the holidays is a little depressing. 

I have an appointment today, and am considering letting them check me/sweep membranes, but I don't think I will.  I might be impatient, but am feeling pretty good and would rather trust baby than fret about my calendar. 

Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 PM

I was due Wednesday, and still pregnant. two days doesn't seem like much, but this is my ninth and I'm tired of the jokes about her just 'falling out'. Anyway, I had really hoped she would be early, or even ON her due date. At this point I'll be thankful to have her by Christmas. I also have been having some contractions late at night, that kind of die away in the morning. And the discomfort is incredible. 

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 12-18-2010, 01:09 AM

Well, I thought my water broke last night - but there is no evidence of that now greensad.gif

I hate to whine, but I am so frikking done with this already. Seriously. I have. had. enough.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM

I thought I was in labor last night. But, I fell asleep and woke up this morning baby-less. As soon as I got up, they kicked back up....So, fingers crossed....They are reallllly down low and not lasting very long (maybe 15-30 seconds) but they are coming pretty close together. I just need things to kick up a few notches.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:57 PM

I'm still here. A week past my EDD and counting... this is the longest I've ever been pregnant. My three previous pregnancies were 34w (induced for IUGR in twins), 40w, and 41w.

I saw my midwife and let her check me. I've been at 1.5/2cm for a few weeks now. Le sigh.

I'm getting really grouchy, although I don't have any actual physical complaints, thank goodness.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 12-18-2010, 03:03 PM

Coraljean, thanks for the support. And congrats to Tyrant! : ) Everyone else, hang in there! I am just fighting one day at a time here. I feel like it's a full time job just to get myself through the day and hope something happens at night.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 PM
CSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post

Well, I'm "due" today, so I suppose I can officially join you guys now.  I suppose it's not impossible that I'll have a baby in the 12 hours or so remaining, but I have exactly zero signs of labor, so it's quite doubtful. 

My son was born spontaneously at 40+4, and I've been hopeful that this baby will be the same or earlier.  It seems like everyone I know in real life says "Oh, my first one was the late one, and the second was right on time!"  So it's hard not to be more impatient this time.  Especially since my whole family has to wait in a different town for the baby to show up (no midwives/medical facilities in my tiny rural AK town), and the thought of potentially being here for the holidays is a little depressing. 

I have an appointment today, and am considering letting them check me/sweep membranes, but I don't think I will.  I might be impatient, but am feeling pretty good and would rather trust baby than fret about my calendar. 

I'm from Alaska and had that with my first-I'm so sorry!  I went to Anc at 37 weeks and my son wasn't born until 41+6 and my mom who came up for the birth stayed in my room with me-worse time of my life!  (my mom is not a emotionally healthy person and my husband had to stay home to work).  My son did finally come on his own the day before they were going to induce.

So I'm 40+6 now and should join the thread.  I'm doing ok most of the time-did have one weepy day this week, but now I'm back to joking she'll be here some time in the next month.  Some contractions, but I know from experience those can come and go for weeks.  I'm not having any exams this time since they don't predict anything.  Not using any herbs other than RRL tea when I think about it-really just trying to let her pick her birthday (although I'm hoping for solstice just because that would be very cool). 

I'm my family is also passing around the head cold-I think mine is a sinus infection right now but it's getting better.  I'm hoping we'll all be healthy by the time birth happens-next week or month :)

Connie-mom of DS 7, DD 5, DD 3, and new one coming in December
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

CSS:  37 weeks to 41+6 would be awful!  I didn't end up over here for good until 38.5, so even if I stay all the way to 42, it won't be quite that long.  And I do have my husband and son with me.

Well I'm encouraged to see several folks that have posted recently on here have had their babies now.  At this point, I'm still hoping for solstice, because it's soon, and because it would be cool.  Watching the eclipse Monday night, then going to have a baby would be just about perfect.  But unfortunately, I doubt baby knows or cares about our solar or lunar calendar.

We do all have a lingering cough here, but I don't really care - it's not slowing me or the toddler down much, so I don't think it'll affect birth much.

User Tag List