The overdue thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 191 Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm still here thinking of you too!  Hang in there, the baby will come out, they just take longer sometimes than others!  The end is so hard!  Many birthing thoughs and hugs!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#182 of 191 Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just delete those emails!  And try to ignore the comments.  I told everyone they were absolutely not to mention the baby that last week or so, and I would tell them when she came.  My beautiful 42+1 daughter is sitting on my lap right now.  Your turn will come!

#183 of 191 Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Still pregnant. sigh  I'm going to try herbs and walking today and if all else fails then I'll go to the hospital since they automatically induce here if you are 42 weeks.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#184 of 191 Old 01-08-2011, 12:43 PM

Oh I am sorry Lilmamibella!  Are there any acupuncture points you could stimulate at home, that might get things moving?  I was just wondering about that and will google it soon.  Acupuncture helped get me pregnant (I think) the first month I tried it, and I had been TTC for over 2 years.  it regulated my basal body temps after the first treatment, it was amazing. 

Can you fudge your due date a little, or go for the non- stress testing?  Does anyone else have any other suggestions?  ( I am asking for me too, that high pressure moment of 42 weeks is looming up, and my midwife is going off my last period, rather than when I ovulated, will show her my charts next to gain some more time).  been walking lots, eating curry, sex, even some pineapple...  Is Blue Cohosh the herb that is supposed to help?

Thinking of you, lots of hugs and sending bouncing baby vibes your way! 

PS. I have noticed that a few mamas have had a stiff drink and then things seem to get going?...  if that is correct, then that sounds good!

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#185 of 191 Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Just got back from walking 4 hrs and using b&b cohosh every 30 mins in 43 degree weather! I might try castor oil tomorrow. Last I heard was that the recommended acupuncturist was booked for weeks but maybe I can ask again. Also going to eat a spicy soup, breastfeeding, and sex. At least I'll be able to say I did everything I could.

#186 of 191 Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM

how much time do you have?  can you avoid a transfer to wait for the baby?  before trying castor oil you may want to check and see what your cervix is doing.  castor oil on an unfavorable (undialated, firm, long) cervix is just a recipe for feeling like crap (quite literally in fact! ;) ).    i would do chiro and accupuncture before anything else.  good luck!!!  try to get some good rest tonight!

#187 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM

When you ring the acupuncturist just beg! Tell them that that the hospital wants to induce you pronto and you need immediate help!  A bit of drama goes a long way and if they realize it is important they will do their best to help you.  Anyway, big hugs, thinking of you!

#188 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 AM

I've had two membrane sweeps at 40w and 42w and am a couple cms dialated. I've also seen a tiny bit of mucous plug. 

#189 of 191 Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM

how are you mamas doing?

#190 of 191 Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 PM

I had my baby Dec 31st!  A few nights earlier I was having sporadic contractions, they would get strong and then die out after I fell asleep at night.  Finally on the 29th they started full blast, and after 11 hours of pushing, yes, 11 HOURS,  I had him.  He was a shoulder dystocia baby, which is why I had such a hard time pushing him out.  Anyways, after all of the waiting, and in retrospect I see all the pre-labor as part of my actual labor, it was my body doing what it needed to do.  Thought maybe that would be an encouraging though for you overdue ladies. 

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

#191 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Thanks Natalya and Sarah, and how are you Stephanie?  Who else is left? Mid Jan(!), is it just 2 of us left?.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page