The overdue thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I figured I'd stop hijacking runkin's thread and start a new one. When you see your due date come and go, come here and join in the pity party! We have cookies. Here, try one. Yummy, huh? Mind the heartburn though..don't eat too many.

I'm just one day over just now, but am so completely fed up. I've tried so hard to stay positive, to anticipate this, to tell myself and others that a baby is not really "late" until past 42 weeks. It's still in the due zone. But it's all easier to say in anticipation of going past the EDD. Now that I'm here, for the 4th time in my life, and I'm tired and feel huge as a bus and grumpy and exhausted and fed up...it's harder to stay all bouncy and positive.

I'm feeling ready to sign the eviction notice. I hope with all that is in me that this baby doesn't go as far over as my last, which was 12 days. I just don't think I will be sane if I'm still here 11 days from now. For real. I will lose it. One day at a time for now I guess.

Just trying to survive til DH comes home and then I'll get in a nice warm bath. Although we have grocery shopping to do tonight, which I am dreading. We just got a trader joes in our town, which rocks, BUT because it's so new it is SO crowded and busy just now. Stress and germs and people coughing and bumping into each other. No fun.

So, post dates buddies, how are you all holding out? Vent as much as you want, or rub it in my face that you feel amazing if you want. I can take it. I'm a big girl.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Unless something happens in the next 11 hours (which is possible but not likely) I'll be here tomorrow. I spent all pg worrying about having another preemie. Apparently it wasn't an issue. I'm okay with being overdue. My pelvis hurts like crazy though and I think that's what's making it difficult. It's hard to sleep and the anticipation of "will it be today?" is getting irritating when you've got 5 other kids and activities that may need to be rescheduled if the baby arrives. Just feels like I've been reshuffling things or trying to have other plans in place "just in case" for the past 3 weeks.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#3 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

Unless something happens in the next 11 hours (which is possible but not likely) I'll be here tomorrow. I spent all pg worrying about having another preemie. Apparently it wasn't an issue. I'm okay with being overdue. My pelvis hurts like crazy though and I think that's what's making it difficult. It's hard to sleep and the anticipation of "will it be today?" is getting irritating when you've got 5 other kids and activities that may need to be rescheduled if the baby arrives. Just feels like I've been reshuffling things or trying to have other plans in place "just in case" for the past 3 weeks.

Yup. My baby has been engaged for weeks, which never usually happens with my babies. And it's making it much harder. My pelvis is killing me, I can hardly waddle around, it's making me so irritable.

And I have playdates arranged and my daughter has a ballet recital on Saturday and other things scheduled in the week that I just keep hoping I'll be able to cancel or stay home from because I'll be in bed with a newborn. But chances are I'll be there, and huge and miserable.

#4 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM

I am due Wednesday but most of my BH contrax have stopped, I have had no bloody show/mucus, and DH tried to check my cervix this morning and apparently, it is wayyyyyy up there still. My baby isn't engaged at all. I figured my 5th baby, 11 months after having my last baby, would have been a pre term risk. I never dreamed I would have ever made it this far this time. Derek was born ON his EDD, so who knows. Midwife appointment on Wednesday as well.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#5 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mindie, when did your other babies arrived? Have you gone late before?

Maybe you'll end up with another due date baby :)

#6 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Scottish Gal View Post

Mindie, when did your other babies arrived? Have you gone late before?

Maybe you'll end up with another due date baby :)

Everyone else was about a week or so early, Dorothy was my 35 and some odd days weeker. If I get until Thursday, that will mark the longest I have ever been pregnant. I just hope the reason he isn't dropping due to some cord problem or something. I am terrified of cord issues. Dylan and Derek both had true knots along with nuchal cords.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#7 of 191 Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif
#8 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 AM

I'm with you ladies, EDD was Dec. 3rd and now I'm headed back to work today (Sunday-monday is my weekend). I'm ready to be done. I haven't been impatient until now, but now it feels like I've been pg forever! I don't envy you ladies with all of the kids to take care of, it'll be easier for me at the office than for you, good luck! 

I keep trying to think of things to look forward to for each day or so, so that if I don't go into labor, I can do x. We'll see, I think I'm already planning on taking off thursday if I don't have this kid by then, because that will be my mid-week day and I'll want a break. 

Well, good luck to everyone!

#9 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Good luck hanging in there everyone. Is anyone taking herbs or considering having their membranes stripped? All you mamas with kids, I have seen so many women go sooo fast.  So despite not being able to reach your cervix, it's there and can open pretty quickly when ready.  Sending you patience. Look forward to seeing the post that you delivered!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#10 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlgirl View Post

Good luck hanging in there everyone. Is anyone taking herbs or considering having their membranes stripped? All you mamas with kids, I have seen so many women go sooo fast.  So despite not being able to reach your cervix, it's there and can open pretty quickly when ready.  Sending you patience. Look forward to seeing the post that you delivered!!

I already cranked up my red raspberry dosage from one dropper twice a day to 2 droppers twice a day. That is really about all.

#11 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 09:31 AM

I was thinking like some blue cohosh? Red Raspberry is more of a uterine toner. Good but not strong.

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#12 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coraljean View Post

This is just the thread for me! My due date was on Friday, the 3rd. My first was born at 42 weeks 3 days, and ended up being a c-section after a long pushing phase. I should  be more patient this time, knowing that I go over, but I am definitely feeling less patient! I guess I have been hoping that if I go into labor earlier I might have a better chance of a different outcome. I actually have pretty easy pregnancies otherwise - no heartburn, no swelling - they just seem to last forever! Last time I ended up trying everything to start labor, including castor oil two days in a row, and I don't want to do any of that this time.

I've been trying to stay really active this time. I live in the DC metro area and I don't drive so I walk or take the bus/metro everywhere. I go into the city at least once a week with my toddler, which is a little crazy because it involves a lot of walking, a bus ride and a metro/subway ride and takes at least an hour. As long as I don't have a precipitous birth at the Smithsonian or something, I should be fine, haha. We went into the city today, and I probably walked at least 5 miles if not a couple more. Hopefully this will all help me not to go so late this time!

I hope we all have our babies soon!

Coral Jean

Mama to Dylan 12/08 and expecting another boy 12/10!

Oh gosh, I'm exhausted and breaking out in sweat just from reading that!!

Good for you. Most I can do is waddle to and from the bathroom and complain a lot hehe.

Actually, I'll admit to getting so desperate that I tried jumping jacks yesterday. hehe. That was a vision I'm sure. My son thought it was hillarious,

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlgirl View Post

I was thinking like some blue cohosh? Red Raspberry is more of a uterine toner. Good but not strong.

If I'm looking at going past 42 weeks I'll consider something that drastic. But for now I'd rather not interfere. I am having DH massage me with clary sage, palma rosa, lavender and jasmine at night though, which are all supposed to help stimulate and strengthen contractions. And it works, I get plenty strong contractions! Not enough to bring my baby into the world though. sigh.

I got some sleep last night though, which has helped me today to have a bit of a better outlook. And I've made 2 big batches of gingerbread with the kids, for making houses. That helped take up a couple hours (with young kids all taking turns it takes a while, and then clean up) and give me something productive to do. I have a ton of Christmas cards to write out if I can get motivated..that would be a good distraction too. Just about to cook some lunch and then maybe I'll start that...if the kids will stay content enough.

#13 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Fat Scottish Gal, you make me laugh.  Would like to know you in real life, you are personality plus!  I am not overdue yet, I just barely scraped into this group at the end of the month, but even with 3 weeks to go I can see why you mamas are going crazy.  Big hugs to all (esp those squeeze the baby out type of hugs!)

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#14 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Yeah, my M/W doesn't start herbal stuff until you are 42 weeks or so. I have been having DH rub my nipples and have DTD almost every day though, which he loves doing. Does that count?

#15 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Hugs to you all!  I tremble at the thought of going 42 weeks...hopefully it won't be an issue for any of us!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#16 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If I'm looking at going past 42 weeks I'll consider something that drastic. But for now I'd rather not interfere.

Same here. I figure there's a reason he's hanging out. He must need a little more time than most of my other babies did. I have been drinking more RRL tea and started taking a partridge berry/squawvine tincture 2-3 times a day. I figure it doesn't hurt to tone my uterus any. But I'll wait till closer to 42 wks to try any uterine contractors like Blue cohosh.

Is anyone else getting irritated at all the people asking about induction? I'm seriously only 1 day late and everyone seems to think I should be scheduled for an induction at the end of this week.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#17 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 03:11 PM

due today and it isn't looking promising. lol

It feels like I am already weeks late because I have been dilated 3cm for 3 weeks, lost the plug 2 weeks ago and have been over 50% effaced for 2 weeks. He dropped two weeks ago as well. All the signs were there that he was just around the corner then nothing. Harrumph.

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#18 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

Is anyone else getting irritated at all the people asking about induction? I'm seriously only 1 day late and everyone seems to think I should be scheduled for an induction at the end of this week.

I haven't really been asked about induction, I guess because everyone knows I'm planning a home birth. And they know I've gone overdue before. I have tried to not tell anyone my actual due date and have just said to expect baby around Christmas. So they know it's soon. Even still, I've had people bugging me for the past couple of weeks asking if I've had the baby yet etc etc. It annoys me. I'm pretty much just hibernating at home now and not answering the phone etc because I can't be bothered with any of it. But they still facebook me hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy912 View Post

due today and it isn't looking promising. lol

It feels like I am already weeks late because I have been dilated 3cm for 3 weeks, lost the plug 2 weeks ago and have been over 50% effaced for 2 weeks. He dropped two weeks ago as well. All the signs were there that he was just around the corner then nothing. Harrumph.

Ugh, I feel ya. I've been losing plug since something like 32 weeks. Insane amounts of plug. And baby has been engaged since I think 35 weeks or maybe 36. It was way early, which never happens for me. I've been super uncomfortable. We've had our birth room set up for weeks, pool inflated, liner sitting in it and everything, all ready to go. Which just makes it harder to wait!

#19 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM

My midwife doesn't check cervix and I don't recall losing plug....Which I don't remember the last 4 times either, so that isn't too important.

#20 of 191 Old 12-07-2010, 08:05 PM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif
#21 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 AM

Happy due date to me...blargh.

As of 6:38am, I became more pregnant than I have ever been. Derek was born at 6:37am ON his due date. Chiropractor and midwife this morning.

#22 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 AM

I am not overdue quite yet (2 more days till EDD), but my SIL who had - yeah, believe it - an identical EDD gave birth yesterday. Trying not to feel too behind, but I guess the baby will let me know when s/he is ready. Taking joy in being a first time auntie despite the long distance between us.

Hang in there, ladies!!

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#23 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 06:43 AM

I thought last night was it, pain, contrax for about 1.5 hours, then...nothing. I went to bed and slept like a baby...like the baby that isn't coming lol!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#24 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

I had another glorious night of prodromal labor. UGH. Went to bed at 1am. started having contractions pretty much right away. They were so small I could rest in between and they didn't bother me too much, but I was aware when they came. By about 2am they were really picking up and I started to get excited. Went to pee a few times, imagined how the night would play out, got really hopeful. I think I get too excited and scare them away. I could feel my heart pounding. Darn adrenaline. By 3am they started slowing down and I was so discouraged. Then like 4 I had another tight, crampy one and started getting excited again. Had a few more of those and my throat was so dry at 4.45am so I got up, walked around a bit and got a drink of water. I think the water it what eventually made it stop. So it never was the real thing. somewhere around 5.30 they just slowed to a halt. and I finally for some sleep til the kids got me up shortly after 8.

I'm so tired of this. I just want it to either happen, or to just let me sleep. I'm in a terrible mood today. And my 3 year old (who I'm almost certain is ADHD but I've never had her evaluated) is in full blown hyper/menace mode today and I just don't have the patience that she requires. I hope I survive the day today.

#25 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Scottish Gal View Post

I'm so tired of this. I just want it to either happen, or to just let me sleep. I'm in a terrible mood today. And my 3 year old (who I'm almost certain is ADHD but I've never had her evaluated) is in full blown hyper/menace mode today and I just don't have the patience that she requires. I hope I survive the day today.

That sucks! I guess now I'm officially prodromal, too because I really thought that was it last night. hug2.giffor your crappy night and low patience, it's totally understandable with lack of sleep, luckily mine can be shuttled off to school! It's gotta happen for us soon, right????

Fat Scottish Gal likes this.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#26 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 AM

We're in an identical boat of misery.  3 year old little girl... prodromal and a due date back on the 3rd :(  I have literally had labor pretty much every night since November 30.  My husband keeps saying "I told you he wont be here until the 11th" and I dont think he realizes how much I want to stab him when he says that.  I get no sleep at night.  I literally had contractions for 2 hours that were a minute long and 3 apart... and then they just stopped.  And that was a few nights ago.  Last night... starting around 1am... contractions started coming (after a vigorous walk around the entire BJs near our house from 8pm-9pm)... I would stand up, go to the bathroom... nothing... lay down, back again... and so goes the story of my life.  To top things off... I made it the entire pregnancy... ohm until yesterday, with no stretch marks... now I am getting them right in the middle of my formerly flawless belly.  Oh fabulous.

I feel like I would do anything to make this kid come... Im dreaming of my HB MW showing up with a pitocin drip.  hahahaha.  Which obviously will not be happening, as Im a vbac and she definitely doesnt pit people.  But thats how uncomfortable I am.  My mother was due with me on Dec. 1 and I didnt show up until the 14th.  But I was posterior... so... what gives?  And she didnt have prodromal labor.  I mean, I literally think "tonight is it"  every freaking night!!!!!!!!!!!!  ughhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried some nipple stim.  Got the contractions going... then they stopped.  He is clearly not ready yet...  I dont know how to convince him that we are soooo prepared.  I keep sending him, we love you, now come on out vibes... so not working.  its like hes ignoring me already... i thought that started at 2 :(  And the bets are raging over when he is going to come out.  People are so die hard about their guesses, they are literally wishing I go over a week past my EDD!!!!  Im making a list of who they are, so I can be sure to tell them the exact same things when THEY get pregnant!!!!!!!!

Still taking my EPO and drinking cups and cups of red rasp. tea...

My gf had the same thing happen when she was pregnant with her first.  A week and a half of random labor... many false alarms... and than a joyously easy 6 hour labor.  So, if I have to be miserable and tired ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT for a few more days... my body better make it worth my while.  :)

Keep your chin up.  Youre not alone.  (did I mention my MIL from Turkey has been here since Nov. 29th?)  hehe.  And we can barely communicate... yeah.  Its a regular party over here.  

PLEASE LET US GO INTO REAL LABOR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm still waiting too, it's 5 days past my due date. But, I lost my mucous plug last night in one big splash, which was exciting. It was at least some kind of progress. I'm at work today, then one day off, then two days of work, so I'm hoping he'll be coming soon, but I am trying to be patient, my sister's boys were late and i was born late, so this little guy must be on the same schedule!

#28 of 191 Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Today is my due date. I don't think baby will be born in the next 12 and 1/2 hours so I am going to join here. I felt like I was going to go over, DS was a week late. I have such high anticipation of my vbac, and have had so many emotions  I just want labor to get started already. I slept TERRIBLY last night, I don't know why, I felt tired but just could not sleep. DS woke a few times crying and complaining that his tummy hurt, and he needed a drink of water a few times. I am not having any prodomal (I feel for you ladies who are, that must be so exhausting), and BH's are pretty inconsistent. Midwives said yesterday from palpating that baby has dropped some, and I feel like it, every time I walk, my pelvis and legs ache. I am impatient, and want to know when I will meet baby. I am hoping birth will be this weekend, but I also realize I could go into next week, which makes me want to cry right now. I think I need to think of some fun things to do every day to keep me busy/distracted. unfortunately, my whole family pretty much knows my due date, although they have not been calling to bug me, they all made guesses on when the baby would be born. I am feeling mixed, anxious and excited and I really, really long for a hbac, I so hope that is in the cards for me.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#29 of 191 Old 12-10-2010, 05:21 AM

Yesterday was my due date, and last night around midnight DD (2 yo) began an all-night puke-fest. I've gone from wanting him out to hoping he stays in another 1+ weeks so that the germs around here have a chance to die.
#30 of 191 Old 12-10-2010, 05:23 AM

I am now 40w, 2 days. Come on out baby!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page