stretched thin! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In the past few days, the skin just below my bellybutton has felt very painful. I'm applying Vitamin E oil often but still hurts a lot! Indeed, it's to the point where I had a nightmare last night that my stomach ripped open :(

Is anyone else experiencing this? I find it odd that it's happening now since my swelling has gone down over the past two weeks - I would think that would mean that my skin isn't stretched as tight as it was when I had the extra water weight...

Any suggestions of ways to ease the pain would be greatly appreciated.

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM

No advice, just sympathy, I am getting pain like yours, but above my bellybutton. And I also find things have gotten smaller over the past few weeks, but my belly has kinda changed shape, more bullet-shaped? It feels like my abs are getting stretched or something, or maybe my skin is tearing more under the surface -- I've already got stretchmarks there, maybe they're expanding -- I've been doing the same as you, oiling it up, other than that I have no idea what to do, either.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 4 Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 AM

That's strange because just yesterday, I noticed that my belly button was tender too and I didn't do too much yesterday, so I dont know why the pain. I feel like I'm just swelling up, every time I step on the scale in the past week or so, it seems like it's gone up a half pound or pound. my weight gain is fine, just under 40 pounds, but I swear the past 3 or four have come on in the past ten days. I can still wear my wedding ring, so I'm not majorly swelling up.

#4 of 4 Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 AM

I have had this too. It has happened a couple of times now, and I usually wake up in the morning and see some new stretch marks greensad.gif.

I am using body oils, taking some extra zinc and omega 3's and anticipating just how sad my belly button is going to look when my being pregnant days are over.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page