Intestinal Discomfort, Possible Labor Sign? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since last night I have been feeling uncomfortable. TMI, but I have been feeling like I need to have a bowel movement, and then when I try, I can't get much to come out. It's very uncomfortable feeling, my low back and tailbone are uncomfortable, and last night and this morning I have been on the toilet a lot. I am thinking is the start of something? I thought usually it's more like loose stools/diarrhea before starting labor. Last night my stomach was hurting too, and I don't think I ate anything to upset it. No contractions, or bloody show, or mucus plug. Although I never had bloody show or mucus plug as signs before going into labor with DS. When I woke up this morning I felt well rested and that I had gotten a pretty decent night's sleep, but about 2 hours later while watching DS I felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open and I have decided to head back to bed. DH took DS out to storytime for me. Anyway, I have almost called my midwife to see if there is anything I can do to be more comfortable, but I think I am going to try and get some rest and see how I feel. I wanted to clean today, and I just have hardly any energy to do anything, other than sleep and eat. Hope that means baby is coming soon. Come on out, baby, we're ready to meet you!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Sounds very similar to how I feel; though I'm not quite that uncomfortable.  But my lower back is hurting for really the first significant time this entire pregnancy; and I've had boughts of nausea this evening.  But that might be more related to the sugar and raw bread dough I ate while baking up a storm today...redface.gif

Hope you feel better, and that this resolves itself by putting a baby in your arms, soon!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#3 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 PM

I had that horrible, "I have to poop but can't" feeling with DS.  We were on a car trip and I kept asking DH to stop so I could try and go.  I'd sit and sit with very little luck.  It was miserable.  I gave birth the next weekend.  The upside to all of that, I was 6cm when I got to the hospital.  No clue if that had anything to do with it, but...  Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010

#4 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM
myk

DDCC - i've felt like that for the past 2 days. when i'd go to the bathroom, i'd pass a small amount of mucous.. but not vaginally. HORRIBLE cramping pain from my bowels right in the middle of a contraction.. i thought for sure something was going on (and it scared me cause i'm only 34 weeks).

turns out, i'm constipated. i guess you really never know.

January 2011
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 04:57 AM

I have the weird GI thing too. When I sit on the toilet, I feel like Daniel's head is *right there* I feel up inside and obviously nothing. Very swollen and feels like a bowl of peeled grapes. No idea what my cervix is up to since it all really just feels the same.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#6 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I am going to say it wasn't a sign of anything. Still nothing that makes labor seem imminent to me. I still feel somewhat constipated, but not as uncomfortable. I wish baby would come already. I need to think of some activities to keep myself distracted/ busy until baby decides to show, I am getting so impatient.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page