Nursing mamas, check-in! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know there is a separate forum for breastfeeding, but I wanted to start a thread for our DDC to support each other in the early days.

Everything is going wonderfully here- Junie latched right away (so different from Lucy who was a much sleepier baby). We did manage to keep nursing the entire way through pregnancy, and I'm amazed at what a difference it made. My milk came in almost overnight- Junie only lost a couple of ounces, because she had plenty from the beginning. I was nervous offering the breast to Lucy, because I'd heard of some babies who didn't want to nurse once there was a lot of milk again. Anyway, DH put her in my hospital bed, she nursed, and in the middle stopped, looked up, and smiled! She was sooooo happy! It makes all the months of uncomfortable/pretty-much-dry nursing SOOO worth it. In fact, she hasn't taken a bottle since Junie's been here. I wondered how'd I'd feel nursing both of them (and if they'd even want to share!), but Lucy has made it pretty clear she wants to nurse when Junie does, and it's working well so far.

I'm officially a tandem-nursing mama and loving every minute of it! joy.gif I can't post this pic on Facebook or my blog (because of work stuff), but I thought y'all might appreciate it. Lucy at 15 months, June at 3 days. 

DSCF2004.JPG

So if there are any still-pregnant mamas nursing, hang in there! And for the mamas with new babies already, how's everything going? 

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 AM

That's so awesome! Very encouraging. My DD is 3.5 but I'm sure she'll be in for a nice surprise when my milk comes in. I'm sure she's going to want to nurse a lot at first. She's already had some jealousy thing about not wanting to share her milk so I hope we don't have issues with that.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM

What a beautiful pic. You are beaming!!!

I really needed to read your post. I'm still nursing my 20 month old and so nervous about how my LO will react when her sister arrives in a week or so! Nervous about tandem nursing...but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

CONGRATS on your beautiful Junie!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page