Still Pregnant? Wanna chat? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thurs and Friday I was weepy all day. Then Saturday was super nesting I took a small bit of castor oil not thinking it would do anything but three hours later started having ctx. I ended up having ctx every 3 mins, lasting over 1 min each, for 5 hours. It was getting serious. We started having an icy blizzard, it was 3 am and turned out I wasn't in a good place emotionally so I asked him to calm down and get some sleep instead lol. I think I'll try again today.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#32 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Crazy to read all of our stories, emotions, stomach issues, etc. These ARE the final days...weeks. This is when we really have to trust that baby knows when to come. With that being said we picked up the midwife who we flew in 5 days early d/t all these BH ctx and pressure I had been feeling at work. Of course I quit working and rested all weekend and feel like a new woman now, all ctx slowed way down...maybe one every 20-30 minutes. So when we went to pick her up there was a huge rainbow ending right on the airport! Truly magical. Saw 3 more on the way home. Good to have her here and I feel like I am entering into my last phase of pregnancy. My best friend is flying in Sarurday from Montana and the crew will be complete. We are already starting to feel like we are in our rainbow bubble and I am loving it. I will happily wait a week to deliver. I just don't want to go much past due date as I feel the baby is really packing on weight and I really want a 7 pounder.....don't ask why...just kinda weird. Good luck all of you out there and I hope you feel better soon to those who are sick. It won't be long!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#33 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM

Well, I'm either 39 or 40+2 today depending on which of the health care providers I've seen you want to go with lol.gif

I've been having occasional bouts of prodromal labor for about a month now and I am DEFINITELY feeling "done" and "over it"!!

Having lots of nesting urges and have been asking DH to move furniture, rearrange things in the house, etc. Cleaned DD's room and the bathroom last night and made myself take a rest after getting dizzy putting laundry away.

I have been having major issues with Facebook and distant relatives asking about the baby, aaargh! I forgot you can fix it so people can't post to your wall, I'm doing that right now!!

#34 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Another day, another dr visit.  Sliced the tip almost off of my left middle finger and had to get 4 stitches.  It is now throbbing really, really badly.  This combined with my yeast infection which is def getting worse...not my day!

Oh well.  Early bed and sleep in tomorrow will make me feel much, much better.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#35 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Well, today was my last day of work. Now I'm going to focus on resting and getting ready for baby. :)

I feel a little better. But I'm still having vertigo. My primary gave me a script for a medicine for it and as much as I hate to do so, I'm taking it. It is really helping.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, for a home birth,  do many of you set up the bed with a tarp well before you go into labour?  I haven't set anything like that up yet, assuming that I will jst work on it once labour begins...but with all these super speedy labours, my mind is now second guessing itself.

I bought a waterproof mattress pad from Ikea that is on the bed now. And then I just have our birthing sheets ready. I figure either DH or my doula can make the bed while I'm in labor. I will also have our "good" sheets ready for after birth so that after we're all cleaned up and settled, we can snuggle the baby on soft sheets. :)

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#36 of 54 Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm supposedly "due" on Friday.  I hate the word though, it's as if the folks who ask me about it expect me to just wake up Friday morning magically in labor. 

I can't really complain, because I can still strap my toddler on my back and go for decently long walks, even at this stage.  But it is getting more uncomfortable!  And since I have to be in the town with the midwife/hospital to wait for the birth (I live in rural Alaska), I'm stuck in a hotel until baby shows up.  But at least it has a kitchenette.  I'm trying to be at peace with the fact that I could go late and not make it home for the holidays, but I'm really hoping not to.  My son came at 40+4, and I'm hoping this one might be the same or a touch earlier.  On the other hand, my toddler has a lingering cold, and it'd be nice if he was totally better and less clingy before the new one shows up to upend his world.

#37 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrymamma View Post

Just out of curiosity, for a home birth,  do many of you set up the bed with a tarp well before you go into labour?  I haven't set anything like that up yet, assuming that I will jst work on it once labour begins...but with all these super speedy labours, my mind is now second guessing itself. 

I'm not planning a homebirth, but I've had PUL under my sheets for a few weeks now.  With #3, I missed having my water break in bed by seconds.  There would have been no saving the mattress after that one!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#38 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 AM

I had a little bloody show yesterday and thought for sure things are moving along. Nope, I went for my 38 week checkup with the midwife and actually consent for her to give me an exam. I know this will happen to me, i know i will be extremely happy when things are moving along or I am a few CMs. But nope, i am only 1cm and 25% efface. I am just sad. I am so ready to meet this LO, and nope, he/she is going to be inside me for a week or two more at the very least. Trying to look at things on the bright side, this means I can spend more time with DH and just being together with just the two of us. But, I just want to cry and be an emotional wreck right now... 

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#39 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM

Going to take midwife to Portland today and show her around. Should be interesting because honestly, I can barely walk! Last week I was 2-3/80/-1, I can't reach cervix, tried to have sweetie do it and all he felt was head. I get the 'bowling ball' analogy now. WHO ELSE HAS THIS?? I wasn't expecting this part. SO....today should be interesting. I think I will have her check me tonight for curiosity...and then do this belly cast I keep putting off!!

Babies are coming!! So exciting!! I juts try to sleep as much as I can during this prebaby time.

#40 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Oh Grace, I'm sorry you're dissapointed!  Any cervical change at 38 weeks with a primip is impressive!!  With my 1st I had a check at 39w 6d and I was barely finger tip and still pretty long and firm.  They said at least 1 more week.  She was born 3 days later after only 5 hours of labor.  Granted, it certainly could be another 3 or more weeks (average 1st birth is 41w 1d), but it could be tomorrow.  There is no way to know, cervical checks don't tell us anything other than what is happening at this exact moment in time.  It's so hard because we know that, there is no point, nothing is really going to come from knowing, but that dang curiosity is soooo strong!  I consented to that 1 check with my 1st, but I had a few more with my second (and I was even homebirthing that time!) because I was so curious and worried about a super fast birth and blizzards and what not.  This time, I am much more at peace, I don't need to know, it doesn't tell me anything, it doesn't predict anything, etc.  BUT, I still just *want* to know!  I know I'm dilated, I've been super contracty for weeks, baby is super, super low, etc, but what good does it do?  Nothing, so I'm fighting the urge to check myself.  My midwife refuses to do checks without medical need, she rarely even does checks in labor so I can't just cave to her or something!  :)

I had my 39w appt yesterday, all is well, we pretty much just chat at this point.  My blood pressue is up a little bit, but nothing worrisome, I just hope it doesn't continue to rise.  I'm 39w 2d now.  I'm ready for the baby, the kids are ready for the baby, the baby is going to wait a while still I'm guessing.  I'm not antsy or impatient, but I'm at the point that I welcome the baby's arrival verses feeling paniced about it!   I'm not super thrilled with my husband being gone this weekend.  He is going to leave Sat early morning and come home Sun evening so at least it's only 1 over night.  I just can't imagine birthing without him so that makes me nervous even though I don't expect a baby yet.  My kids are nesting, it's really funny.  They are 5 and 2 and they beg to clean daily.  They don't pick up their toys but sweeping the basement, scrubbing baseboards, vacuuming.....they are all over it.  It's cute!

I hope everyone else is well and hanging in there okay!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#41 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM

owlgirl, yes i have a super low baby too.  the wierd thing is that i don't have the bowling ball feeling, it's low enough that i should!  i do have a hard time doing much walking, i get loads of contractions, sciatica acts up, feet swell and ache, side cramps, etc.  Maybe that has something to do with the low head compressing things in my pelivs....  Have fun with your mw!!

#42 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 AM

39 wks 5 days here! I definitely thought I'd have this baby last night. I started having contractions about 10 minutes apart for 2 hours.....but then they just tapered. With my first that never happened, so I thought we were going for it!

Has anyone else had something like that happen? I'm exhausted, didn't sleep much. DS #1 went to the babysitter so I can rest. I have my 40 wk appointment today :)

#43 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Yes, colleentara, I've had tons of that for the past few weeks. It sucks! I never had it with my first- she was born after a very fast labor with NO previous contractions. Prodromal labor is tiring and frustrating hug.gif

#44 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlgirl View Post

Do any of you notice periodic waves of anxiety of what's to come?? It is kinda like knowing you are going skydiving but not sure when you have to jump. I don't normally run anxiety but it is a powerful feeling for sure!! I breathe and try to ground and it passes but interesting. The biggest change of my life awaits...

I feel that way sometimes and I am having my second.  I worry about changing our dynamics and how my oldest will deal.  But, honestly, I do know it will be ok and we will figure it out.  I used to be such a control freak and having DS changed all that.  I learned to just go with things and trust they will be ok.

I am a LLL Leader and I have heard several mom say they worry that their lives will never be the same.  I tell them, well honestly, it won't be.  But, what it is replaced with can be so much better.  I could never imagine the amount of love I feel for my son, and I can't wait to feel my heart open up even more to love another child.  It really is amazing!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#45 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm 41 weeks, and beginning to despair that I will ever go into labor.  My midwife offered to strip my membranes yesterday, and I declined.  What was I thinking?!  I've had the most horrible cough/ cold for the past two weeks, its almost gone, but lingering in my lungs.  I'm so afraid that its going to turn into something even nastier.  I just want to meet my baby.  :-(  This is the longest I've ever been pregnant, and it just feels so hard.  I feel extremely emotional, and cry over every little thing, it seems like.  I'm super fatigued from (I assume) being sick and 40+ weeks pregnant.  The only thing that helps is laying in bed and listening to my hypnobirthing tracks.  Trying so hard to trust this process. 

Laura, mama to J (11), N (8),E (5) , and M (2). Baby #5 expected in Dec 2010!
#46 of 54 Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurata View Post

I'm 41 weeks, and beginning to despair that I will ever go into labor.  My midwife offered to strip my membranes yesterday, and I declined.  What was I thinking?!  I've had the most horrible cough/ cold for the past two weeks, its almost gone, but lingering in my lungs.  I'm so afraid that its going to turn into something even nastier.  I just want to meet my baby.  :-(  This is the longest I've ever been pregnant, and it just feels so hard.  I feel extremely emotional, and cry over every little thing, it seems like.  I'm super fatigued from (I assume) being sick and 40+ weeks pregnant.  The only thing that helps is laying in bed and listening to my hypnobirthing tracks.  Trying so hard to trust this process. 

I'm despairing, too. greensad.gif 41 weeks according to the ultrasound, which i'm starting to regret getting because I'm 40 weeks according to LMP but because the US was before 20 weeks they say it's accurate. I've been listening to hypnobabies to pass the time, too, but I keep falling asleep! Being sick on top of everything else must be hard! I'm feeling weepy too and I'm seeing the MW on Friday, I assume she'll want to strip membranes but my cervix is really posterior so she can barely even reach it. SIGH!!! I want to trust the process but I'm getting scared of what will happen if we pass all the deadlines. The MWs have to consult with doctors at 41 weeks so friday morning I have to get another ultrasound etc.... it's stressing me out. Hope everyone else is doing ok and sending everyone here baby-soon vibes!!!!!!!!!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#47 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 AM

I am 39w 3d and feeling very blessed, hormonal, irritable, tired, excited.......  Whoo, so full of feelings!!  I am so looking forward to this birth and postpartum, I am excited for the amount of support I will have this time verses with my 2 older kids.  I have really good friends, I have a mom that is mostly retired, I have a sister that is still on her maternity leave (so she can just come hang out), it will be the holidays so DH can be around more.....  I have a good friend coming over today.  I haven't seen her in a long time, but she's a kindred spirit and I'm thrilled to be exposed to her vibes today.  I'm also getting a massage tonight for the 1st time this pregnancy and I'm really looking forward to that!  At the same time, I'm wanting to curl up in bed, needing to clean, have kids that want to play outside in the snow (which I hate) and need to shovel the walk for said friend's visit.  I really don't want to go shovel snow!  I just want to get past this weekend when my DH will out of town.  Okay, thanks for letting me ramble. 

#48 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 AM

39 weeks today...feeling just as you described Sarah...it's hard to have all those feelings coupled into one package.

We are bombarded with snow here and the highway from where our midwives live to us has been closed for 3 days. I'm really hoping it opens at some point today...it really worries me if I go into labour because it would mean I'd have to go to the hospital or UC...neither of which i am comfortable with. The hospital near us is intervention happy and they wouldn't even have access to my chart. 

crossing my fingers that this bean holds out until the snow disipates a little. 

but at the same time, pretty excited that it seems i've been losing my mucous plug, have had family and friends visiting often and enjoying some wonderful time with dd while she is home from school. We have been sewing and knitting like crazy...with a bit of baking in the mix each day. 

still working on a GBS +ve decision to make about abx...and my naturopath is not getting back to me on it. Also working on decisions on pitocin for 3rd stage management and vitamin k. 

but other than all that...I feel pretty ready to go. I am so excited to hold our baby in my arms. 

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#49 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM

I haven't posted much here. I'm 39w tomorrow. I think I was in denial for a long time! On one hand I'm terrified of the labor pain and on the other hand I'm ready and hoping this baby will come out earlier than due date. We're planning another uc birth. I do have a very sweet midwife friend that I may call..I guess it'll depend on how things are going. My dh has been so supportive. He has been really amazing this pregnancy. This might be our last little one.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#50 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Here I am again, another great night's sleep, had an exam last night 3-4cm, 85% effaced and still minus one station, baby has flipped and is now LOA. No UCs that are regular. I think we are just gonna wait a few more days.....maybe baby does wanna be born on the full moon/eclipse/solstice? Been having full fun days with midwife here, lots of walking, talking, sleeping, eating, hydrating. I too feel very blessed for this time. Still so curious to experience labor and the sensation of needing to push. I really hope I can not freak out during the intensity of all of it. Sigh.....anyway, holding you all in my thoughts, sending good wishes out there!! Anytime now.....

Thank you Climbergirl for your response, you are correct and I am excited to experience that!

Northcountyrmama, good luck with your decisions in terms of ax, vit.k and pitocin. I personallly would pass on all three, being a L&D RN and all, but it is a personal decision and good luck to you.

#51 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM

thanks owlgirl...they are tough decisions to make but I know the answers will come to me and be what I/baby need. i have a feeling I won't do any of them but have reasons for wanting to think that through...I have an inherently low platelet count so both the pitocin in the 3rd stage and the vit K have some appeal...being at home and preventing hemorage is top on my thinking list.

and you'll be great...labour is an amazing process, how wonderful having seen so many births, to now experience your own!joy.gif

LilMamiBella - try not to be terrified of the pain...try to trust that it doesn't have to be terrifying but the sensations are simply aiding the process.  Have you done UC with all of your babies?  Nice that you have a midwife friend to call upon if needed.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#52 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM

I woke up this morning thinking "Today is the day."  Had some nice contractions, and thought how odd it would be to labor during the day.  Nothing much happening for me except coughing and cranky kids though.  It can't be too much longer.

Laura, mama to J (11), N (8),E (5) , and M (2). Baby #5 expected in Dec 2010!
#53 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 AM

laurata, I was thinking the same thing this morning when I went downstairs to make myself some fresh-squeezed orange juice. It is super cold here, but bright and sunny, and it felt really strange to me to think about laboring in broad daylight, with all the world awake and going about their daily business.

Today's my EDD by ultrasound and I was really hoping something would happen. I haven't had any of the obvious signs (mucous plug, non-BH ctx) though I had a tough time getting to sleep last night and woke up in even more pelvic pain than usual (which is saying something since I've had SPD for months). My pubic bone feels like it is throbbing and bruised and swollen, even when lying down and not moving.

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#54 of 54 Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow.  And I'm definitely getting more and more uncomfortable.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to translate into actually going into labor.  Instead, I think I may have an UTI.  And a cough I've picked up from my son, who's had it well over a week now.  And we never get sick!  So it's frustrating, and I'm getting sick of being pregnant, despite trying ot be zen about it all. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page