Anyone else feeling very bitchy and hormonal towards the end? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm ready to snap someone in half these last couple of weeks. But now that I'm 38 weeks and 5 days...I've had ENOUGH! I'm seriously hormonal...like PMS x 100. I'm impatient with my kids :( I'm bitchy to my dh. Thank goodness he's been understanding. But I almost tore a strip off him cause he wanted to take some pics of me in all my blooming glory tonite. I'm in my jammies with my belly hanging out (cause none of my maternity or large sized tops fit anymore) and he's all like "let's take a few for prosperity" Are you Friggin kidding me!! I feel like a whale, like my insides are going to drop at any second...and this is our third. We have pics of a very pregnant me from the past.

I hate lashing out, but I'm just tired, can't control it. I want this baby out NOW....

sorry...for the vent. Phew...that felt good getting it out though.

#2 of 9 Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM

I feel exactly the same way. Tomorrow should be my last day of work and then on maternity leave. But I have been blowing off work already and probably can't and will not work. I cried for no apparent reason. I am bored out of my mind at home. I don't feel like doing anything, I don't want to walk, don't want to knit, and don't want to decorate the x'mas stocking for the LO.

Most of the time, I can hardly stand DH. Thank Godness he understands and try to be as supportive as he can.

I also want my baby to be OUT NOW!!

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 9 Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 PM

I was so horrible at the end. I was no good at being a mother or wife at all. Really, it was my most hormonal pregnancy ever, especially at the end. Everyone still loves me, thankfully <3

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#4 of 9 Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Well I was this morning!  It was really bad, I yelled and screamed at my kids, then I bawled because I had yelled and screamed at my kids.  They were very forgiving thankfully.  Over all I've been doing pretty well, but I definately have my moments!  I'm just thankful that I have breaks in between the outbursts so I can appologize and try to make up for it!   I'm definately ready to be done with this part of it!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#5 of 9 Old 12-16-2010, 08:14 PM

Definitely me. I'll be 40 weeks Monday, and I honestly have had zero tolerance (and energy!) for the last week or so.

Im very ready to be done working.

And very ready to meet this little lady.

(please?)

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#6 of 9 Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Yep, I'm another terrible wife/mom right now. No patience, a very short fuse, and I feel like I'm on the warpath! I'm a week past my EDD.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#7 of 9 Old 12-18-2010, 06:46 PM

DDCC, due 1/1/11.... 38weeks today, and I am a hormonal mess!  I've flipped out on DH several times in the last few days for no real good reason.  I yelled at my dad while on the phone with him a few times last night (he lives across the country, I don't talk to him often, and we never fight)...  The kids I have less patience for than normal, but since they're 5 and 2.5, I try my best with them.  But after being with them all day, DH gets the brunt of it when he comes home.  Everything and everyone makes me SO mad!  And the holidays make it all the more stressful.  Hang in there!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#8 of 9 Old 12-18-2010, 08:51 PM

I'm getting agrivated with things easily.  Don't know if it is horomones or if it is the fact of vomiting, dry heaves and wetting my pants daily.

#9 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM

This is both sets of grandparents' first grandchild so they are understandably excited...my parents especially, since I am the one who's actually going to be spewing out said child. But they are driving me craaaaaaazy! They have been calling almost daily for the past week. Tonight, I had the phone on silent and napped for a couple hours...and I woke up to two voice mails from them. They actually thought I had maybe gone into labor and decided to give birth without telling them! They also left my husband (who's at work) a message.

Who would neglect to tell their parents that their first grandchild was on the way?? Do they not realize that I will CALL THEM once labor starts, thereby giving them more than ample time to make the 6 hour drive up here?

If they keep this up, it's going to get to the point where I might not want to call them when it actually happens...out of spite!

Bitch bitch, grumble grumble. irked.gif

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page