IS THIS NORMAL FOR LABOR?? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Im having contractions between 2 and 5 minutes apart... but in between my back is still aching and my belly is in like a permanent braxton hicks...im a little concerned.  Anyone know if this is normal???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I saw your post twice in the New Posts area and also that you hadn't received a response...

I don't know if it's normal. If it's freaking you out, call your midwife. If she doesn't take you seriously and your spidey-senses are still tingling, you could always go to an ER (though beware the intervention train as I'm sure you know). I've never had that in my labours, but labour is different for everyone. Call your midwife again and see what she says. She gets paid to take your calls lol :)

cyclamen likes this.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#3 of 3 Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sure I'm too late at this point but I'll answer anyway.  ;)  It can be totally normal, try some really deep intentional relaxation to see if you can get a break from it.  That said, I agree with elisheva, if you feel that something is wrong or have a bad feeling, go a head and call.  I hope you've got your sweet little one in your arms already! <3 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page