Who is hoping for a Solstice baby? And what are you doing to encourage labor? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know I am.  It is a week before her due date but I'm being hopeful that the full moon and eclipse will help .  Also using EPO, RRLT, and going to dtd after abstaining for a while.  I have an appointment Monday to double check that the placenta is still looking out of the way enough to try a vaginal delivery and I'm going to beg the dr to do a sweep.  I'll probably also start listening to the Come Out Baby track for hypnobabies.

So if you are hoping for a solstice baby what are you trying?

#2 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, solstice is actually the latest I'm hoping for (I'll take any time now).  It'll be 40+4 for me, which is exactly when my son was born, and still early enough that I can get home for the holidays.  And if you're going to be stuck with a birthday close to Christmas, I think solstice might be a nice one.  I don't have anything particular I'm planning to try though.  Probably sex and walking, but since I've been doing those all along, I can't particularly believe that it'll really help. 

#3 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm due basically around the Solstice, and that would be cool...but I'm hoping the kid stays in until at least the following day. Still hoping for my Earth sign baby! wink1.gif

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#4 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM

I just have had a strong feeling all along that this baby is coming on the solstice. As does everyone around me...

I am not *doing* anything in particular to get things moving along...just flowing with our regular rhythm and such. I won't start even on any late pregnancy herbs until 40w...I have them all made up and ready to go though. 

Walking and DTD might be part of our plan this weekend...we would really love a little solstice baby. But MW appt today and baby is still floating, so who know...could be longer than I thought.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#5 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM

I am hoping for a solstice baby.  I think it would be cool :)  I have been kinda slacking on the EPO or RRL tea because I have been sick.  But I do seem to have a few more BH today, so hopefully, that means somethings (since with DS1, I had NOTHING before he was born).

But I would be ok with any date, as long as it is not past my due date.  My sister is flying out and I want there to be a baby for her.  And I want the baby out this year because of the deductible for out of network stuff.

But his name is an earthy name, so having an earth sign would be good.  I think I am an earth sign.  I have no idea what DH or DS is.  But my son's name means "little fire" so this one has an earthy name (Rylan).

I just think being born on the solstice/eclipse/full moon, would be cool!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#6 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 02:00 PM

if I am still pregnant by next Tuesday...I will NOT be a happy camper. I will be 41 and 6. And I think my husband is on the verge of using the "I have a headache" excuse for himself. We haven't DTD this much since the beginning.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#7 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM

it would be cool

due the 23rd

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#8 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DD was a Solstice baby, and it would be cool to have another, but I am really, really, really hoping that this child comes out before then! I had my membranes swept this morning, and am doing the epo/walking/sex/etc stuff, but so far, no dice.

For greater things are yet to come...

#9 of 10 Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM
CSS

me, but I'm not going to do anything to encourage it.  I know my babies just take longer, so I'm okay with that.  If she is 9 days late like her sister she will be here on solstice and if she is 13 days late like her brother and other sister she will be born on Christmas.  If she goes past the 27th or so, I might consider helping her along.  But solstice would be a cool day to labor and give birth, so I'm hoping!!

Connie-mom of DS 7, DD 5, DD 3, and new one coming in December
#10 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM

_

Coral Jean
Mama to Dylan 12/20/08 and Milo 12/22/10 hbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page