Happy Birthday, Jasper Cyril! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jasper Cyril was born at home in bed Friday, December 17th at 3:42 pm after approximately 70 minutes of labor. Holy crap!!!!

shot_1292637425399.jpg

My midwife, whom we'd texted "not to rush" since after all this was my first, made it to the front door about 20 minutes before he was born. He's a healthy 9 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long, and already much loved, especially because he miraculously left me with NO TEARS (just two skidmarks) despite showing up so large and at such blistering speed! I didn't have time to set up the tub, to listen to my playlist, or do anything really, except leave a lot of fingernail marks in my dear spouse's arm. Contractions and pushing basically started almost together.

More later, I keep trying to sleep. And can't, because he is so precious sleeping on his papa's chest. But I'm going to try again.

Pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009482&id=116300274&l=345e92e1ca

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 12:18 AM

Oh my god, that's so fast!  He is so precious, and I love the pics you posted.  Congratulations!!

Happily married to my best friend, and nature loving mama treehugger.gif of one sweet boy (Feb 2011). femalesling.GIF

#3 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 AM

Wow, that was very fast. And one very cute baby love.gif

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

#4 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Charlotte, what an adorable baby!!!  He's beautiful!  What an amazing birth too!!!  Especially for a 1st!  I'm sure it was a pretty wild and possibly out of control ride, good for you for staying on it!  No tears, also amazing!  WOW!!!

#5 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM

That's amazing- this DDC has certainly been blessed with its share of wonderful births! Love, love, love his name, btw. Beautiful name for a beautiful babe! 

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#6 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 AM

YAY so happy for you and baby

love the fast labor club to

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#7 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 AM

Whoa...I am so jealous of your labor! What a beautiful boy, congratulations!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#8 of 10 Old 12-20-2010, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all. It was a crazy experience, and yes it felt pretty out of control to me. Although my partner keeps saying how amazing it was that I seemed totally in control of my breathing and moaning and of what my body was doing. It didn't feel that way! I can't wait to sit down and actually write down what I remember (hopefully soon, before I forget...).

On the other hand, I LOVE what one of the other mamas here posted -- something like, the pain was so much greater than I'd hoped, but somehow less than I'd feared. I do remember thinking as he was crowning, is this really over already?!

He's had a lot of trouble latching, so we are hopefully meeting with a lactation consultant soon. Might take him in for some pediatric craniosacral or chiropractic adjustment this afternoon if she thinks it's a good idea. He's got a powerful suck, he pulls my thumb halfway down his throat when he sucks on it, and he's latched on to the breast two or three times successfully and nursed for ~45 min each time, but all the rest of the time he seems to forget everything and get VERY frustrated when he can't get latched. I've been expressing colostrum as often as possible and spoon-feeding so he doesn't get dehydrated and it's amazing how it knocks him out, he gets this half-drunk look on his face and falls asleep immediately. I feel my milk coming in (I think - my breasts feel really heavy) today, on the third day, so we'll see how it goes...

#9 of 10 Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM

70 minutes!? no tears!? you are KIDDING me!!?? this DDC is full of superheroes. ;o) 

beautiful pics, beautiful baby boy! i hope you don't mind me saying the work on your chest is beautiful also; is that henna, or tattoo? and how cool is it that it could be either? it's so bold for henna, and so subtle for ink. lovely. 

and yes - it's nuts how a baby so 'enormous' can be so incredibly tiny! my boys were 8lbs even and 9lbs 3 and each were estimated at abt 7 lbs by multiple midwives while i was carrying. apparently i carry my babies in my guts? i dunno. but they still seem tiny and light little gossamer things; i can't imagine how diminutive an actual 7 pounder would feel in my arms! 

#10 of 10 Old 12-20-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post

70 minutes!? no tears!? you are KIDDING me!!?? this DDC is full of superheroes. ;o) 

beautiful pics, beautiful baby boy! i hope you don't mind me saying the work on your chest is beautiful also; is that henna, or tattoo? and how cool is it that it could be either? it's so bold for henna, and so subtle for ink. lovely. 

and yes - it's nuts how a baby so 'enormous' can be so incredibly tiny! my boys were 8lbs even and 9lbs 3 and each were estimated at abt 7 lbs by multiple midwives while i was carrying. apparently i carry my babies in my guts? i dunno. but they still seem tiny and light little gossamer things; i can't imagine how diminutive an actual 7 pounder would feel in my arms! 

I know, the number of super speedy labors around here has been crazy! I was actually telling my midwife about it, she said maybe it's something in the stars this month.

And thank you so much -- it's henna, and I had it done five days before he was born. It turned out so great, it's actually a tree/vine that starts low on my belly and goes all the way up my chest, with a matching design on my hand. I suspected it would be nice to have some beautiful artwork on my body to celebrate it, both at that point in the pregnancy when you are just feeling *so* large and uncomfortable, and right after when your stomach's all deflated. Turned out it's true, it really makes me feel beautiful in spite of the mesh underwear :) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page