coughing and vomiting want to naturally induce. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh.  I''m so sick of vomiting.  I got sick before Thanksgiving.  It was a head cold that got into my chest.  I think it has been gone for awhile and I'm left with lots of mucus from being pregnant.  It is usually in the evening, but if I get to coughing the only way to stop is to let my body vomit.  I've tried to stop myself from coughing and just  chill,  But even after an hour of actively tryingto not cough I'll cough to the point of pucking.  Last week (38 week appointment) I had lost 2 lbs.  This week I have lost another 1.  The vomiting is occuring at least once if not more a day.  It is so aggrevating. 

Talked to the OB who is over all the midwives I see and she listened to my chest and really couldn't come up with a reason for the coughing.  She finally just shook her head and said your weird.  She suggested we try an cough suppressant or a asthma type drug like advair.  She decided Advair was probablly the best solution.  When I went to fill the prescription it was almost $50 with my insurance.  So I decided I'ld rather puke and hope the baby comes soon. Than spend $50 on a med that I'll hopefully only need for a week if not less.  

The dr and midwives are hesitant to check my cervix let alone strip my membranes due to my low placenta.  It is now 3.5cm away from the cervix.

I figure DTT, nipple stim, listening to the hypno babies Come out baby.   Any other ideas.  If these don't work soon I may even resort to castor oil.  I'm just so sick of vomiting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 PM

so sorry you're feeling bad, mama! hope you feel better soon! 

try adding ridiculously uncomfortable dancing to the list of natural inducers - our LO was born the night after i played that Zumba game on the wii. ((hugs))

#3 of 6 Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 PM

How far along are you?  What about trying to massage clary sage mixed with coconut or olive oil on your lower back and lower abdomin before going the castor oil route?  It will enhance contractions.  Added with nipple stim and DTT, maybe that will work? 

SO sorry you are feeling so crappy!  I hope you feel better STAT! Hugs, mama! 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010

#4 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 10:27 AM

Gosh that just sounds horrible!  No suggestions sorry, but lots of sympathy and hugs!

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#5 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

I appreciate all the sympathy.

Today is 39 weeks.  The past few days I have vomited twice a day.  I  didn't gain much weight (I did have some excess prepregnancy) but I'm only 13 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight now.  I'm 5'3" and weight 173 right now. 

The ultrasounds to check my placenta always showed her as the 65% or close to it (19, 24, and 27 week).  The last 2 showed a lot lower.  37 week showed her at 37% (6lbs 4oz) and yesterdays showed her at the 19% (6lb 7 oz).  They say the water level is good and the blood flow is good.  And that they usually don't worry till it shows them at 10%.  But I can't help but worry.  I know the ultrasounds can be off by up to 2 lbs this late in the game, but it just scares me that she isn't gaining like she should.  I can't eat like I should and I feel like a bad mom for that.  I'm trying to get calories into me, I just can't get many with this vomiting.

I'll have to see if I can find some clary sage locally.  Thanks for that suggestion.

#6 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
CSS

A story that might make you feel a little better.  For my sisters first the baby's father dumped her and married someone else (the same week) when she was 8 months pregnant.  She could barely eat she was so upset and the doctors told her she would have a 5lbs baby from the weight loss-he was 8lb 11oz at 40 weeks.  If you were healthy up to this point, your baby should be fine. 

As far as "natural" ways to induce labor-my thoughts are they might give you contractions-but true labor is probably going to wait until your body and baby is ready.  I hope you feel better soon though.  It's so hard to be sick at the end of pregnancy. 

Connie-mom of DS 7, DD 5, DD 3, and new one coming in December

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page