I have a solstice baby!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I should start this by saying it's a boy!!!  We named him Ronan Wolf.  He weighed in a 8Ilb14oz and is 21.5in long!  I started having some light contractions just after midnight on the 21st...right after the lunar eclipse.  We called the midwife and since my contractions had gone from 5-6 minutes with no pain to 2-3 minutes with a lot of pain in a ten minute period she left right away.  Considering my last labor had been 26 hours we were kind of surprised at the speed of this labor.  I ended up being in labor for only 6.5 hours this time!!  I decided to get in the shower and labored in the nice hot shower in the dark until the water ran cold.  Right after I got out the apprentice arrived and then the midwife came shortly after.  She checked me and I was at 6cm...this was 2 hours after labor started.  I ended up in the shower again as soon as the hot water tank refilled and again drained it.  I like to labor in water if you couldn't tell!  Well, the next time I was checked I was at 8cm.  Now, if transition isn't hard enough already the little guy decided to start moving into a better position during my contractions!!!  I wanted to freaking die!!!  Around 6:30am I was finally ready to push him out.  Now, my water had broken shortly before this and there was a tiny bit of meconium, but nothing to worry about.  Right before I was ready to push, the rest of the fluid that hadn't come at first came out with a lot more meconium.  Still didn't really worry as heartrate was good.  I started to move him down and then the little guy started to have heart accelerations into the 180's and my midwife said she really wanted me to get him out on the next contraction.  Well, needless to say I got him out quick! I pushed for a total of 16 minutes.  He ended up being fine!  He was a little bluish for about 10 minutes and we did give him a little oxygen to pink him up.  He was crying from the moment he came out so we knew he was getting air, just not quite enough.  So we decided to give him a good rub down.  Oh boy, did that tick him off!!  He started screaming and with the little oxygen mask next to him he pinked up really quick.  He did have just a little fluid left in his lungs which apparently is was just a result of being born so fast...he didn't get squeezed quite enough.  Today at his 24 hour check up he was all clear!  He has been nursing like a champ which is a huge blessing considering the issues I has with his sister after she was born.  He has a full head of smooth black hair!  We are thrilled to have a son, and I got my solstice/eclipse baby on top of it too!!  Good luck to all the other mommies who still haven't delivered yet!!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 AM

congratulations on your solstice, full moon baby. how special is that!?

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#3 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats!  We missed having a solstice baby by 1 day.  But another speedy delivery in our DDC!  Woo hoo!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 PM
myk

congratulations!

January 2011
#5 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 03:13 PM

many blessings for a beautiful baby moon with your new little man. Congratulations!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#6 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 04:59 PM

How wonderful! Happy Solstice (belatedly) and congratulations!

#7 of 7 Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
CSS

Congratulations!!

Connie-mom of DS 7, DD 5, DD 3, and new one coming in December

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page