Gift for doula - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-25-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

*please don't move - my doula is on MDC :)*

My doula caught our baby and was SUPER awesome before the birth about calming my fears and doing what she could to help me out.  She was ready for a super long birth like DS1 and definitely was not expecting to catch DS2.  So, I would like to give her something to show her how much I appreciate her being there and the support she has given.

But I am not good on coming up with good gift ideas!

Any thoughts?

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not sure how much you'd like to spend, but a Cuisnart Pressure Cooker!  Hear me out ;)  They let you make a meal very quickly and are super easy to use. They are electric and countertop and about $70 at Costco or you can probably find other places.  The Cuisinart brand is the only one I'd recommend though after researching online and purchasing. We've owned ours for over a year and use it multiple times a week if not daily. It cooks beans from dried with NO soaking in 55 minutes! Take raw beets to done and the best I've tasted in 12 minutes. You can take a very tough cut of meat, raw onion, and a little garlic and 15-20 mins later it is tender and tastes like it was baked slowly all day.

We've given them multiple times as gifts to people and people have also bought after seeing/eating at our place. They've been universally loved, and they've gone on to give them also.

The reason I think it would be great for a birth professional is that you can make a quick, nutritious meal without a lot of fuss. It's like the convenience and ease of crock pot cooking, but so much faster and I think the food is tastier/better consistency.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 3 Old 12-25-2010, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As a doula, I'd say give her a certificate for a massage or some other spa  service.  Doulas give and give and it is so nice to be pampered!!  How lovely of you!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page