loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I give up. :(  This is officially the baby who will never be born.  Tons of bloody show for over 24 hours.  Contractions that have gotten a little stronger, but have never gotten strong enough, or close enough, or regular enough to do anything.  I've been talking to the midwife on the phone every few hours and have to keep saying that still, nothing exciting is happening.  I'm really hoping I imagined that some of my water broke so that when I go in to let them check, they'll let me leave again, and continue infinite pre-labor in peace.

#33 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh mckittre, I know how hard and frustrating this is!!  I suggest either having an alcoholic drink or getting an Ambien or something from your MW so you can get a rest.  Then have a good cry and wake up ready to go again.  I'm thinking of you!!!!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#34 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM

My midwife had me drink one glass of wine and lie down to quiet prodromal contractions. I know how much they suck! A small amount of wine really does help.

#35 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM

another vote for the glass of wine...I had one in the middle of the night last night because I couldn't take the constant on and off again contractions and needed to sleep. 

thinking of you though...right along side you with lots of empathy. I know you are more overdue than I though. 

Mind me asking which town you are waiting in right now? I used to live in AK and just wondered...

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#36 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Well, maybe it really is it this time?  I hate to keep my hopes up, but after a long walk and a long session of nursing my toddler, contractions seem to be getting stronger this evening.  And unlike other times, they demand more of my attention and aren't petering out if I sit down.  

Please?  Please be it!  I thought I might have a solstice baby, but I'll take New Years.  And it's going to get harder to hold off induction if baby doesn't show up soon.  Everyone cross fingers for me some more!

#37 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 PM

fingers crossed that you'll be holding your new years baby tomorrow!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#38 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 08:56 PM

I'm still here too...was due Christmas...prodromal labor for the last week, lost my plug Tuesday...a whole lotta nothin'...LOL!!!  

Hang in there, ladies!  They'll come out sooner or later!!  

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#39 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Mckittre - fast baby vibes to you today!  May you have a 1/1/11 baby!  That would be such a cool bday.  That is what I was hoping for, but in New Zealand that day has come and gone!  So I hope you get it, you deserve it!  Anyway, sending you lots of baby birth vibes!

Thanks Starshine, you are right, they do come out sooner or later, that was reassuring.  Funny how the whole pregnancy goes so fast, but this last bit seems to take forever.  If I could sleep better at night I would be able to do more things during the day and then maybe time would go faster.  Anyone else having terrible sleep patterns?

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#40 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Haven't heard from mckittre today...hoping she's snuggling her wee one

Going to try some cohoshes tomorrow and see if I can get some more action from ou little bean...I swore I wouldn't but I'm getting to that point.

Didn't help today when dp figuredout that I have now been pregnant over the span of two decades... Lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page