Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   December 2010 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/548-december-2010/)
-   -   Elinor Rose Freeland is here! *update & pic* (http://www.mothering.com/forum/548-december-2010/1288331-elinor-rose-freeland-here-update-pic.html)

Gucci&Granola 12-31-2010 10:04 AM

Eli Eskimo 2.jpg

Elinor Rose Freeland arrived in the wee hours of this morning under some very scary conditions. Wow, I don't even know where to begin.  My family and I are all feeling extremely thankful for our little miracle.  Right now I am on bed rest and too tired to give a full account.  Thank you all so much for your companionship and wisdom throughout our pregnancies.  More to come later.

At 7lbs 8oz and 21" long, my baby was the exact same weight and height as both me and my mother when we were born.

I made it through 23 hours at home of natural labor with ctx 3-5 minutes apart and at least 1 min in length for the entire time.  An anterior cervical lip which my midwives tried to manually remove 3 times, having my waters broken, periods of back labor, prolonged transition, and a baby who was born gray.  In the end, she lost her little heartbeat and I was told through my exhausted haze that I would have to get her from cervix to out NOW!.  I never will know where my strength came from.  My baby girl is alive because of her amazing will to live and midwives that knew their shit and never gave up.  The complications came on suddenly and I have no doubts that we wouldn't have been safer or better cared for in a hospital.  In the end Elinor's life came down to 3 women (mama, midwife, and baby) who all made the decision in a split second to work harder than they ever had before and there is no technology that trumps that.

I hope all you December mamas are doing well, enjoying your babes or resting up for labor.  Trust your bodies, your babies, and your support because you can all do this.

Blessings

NoraFlood 12-31-2010 11:44 AM

Congratulations--what a beautiful name! I hope you are able to rest and heal as much as possible...

Qbear'smama 01-01-2011 07:13 PM

Reading your brief story gave me goosebumps. Congratulations on being a strong mama and doing what needed to be done to get your little one here safe!!! Your experience sounds kind of like my first birth and I always think of it as something DD and I accomplished together. Happy babymoon, enjoy your miracle.

northcountrymamma 01-01-2011 07:26 PM

Wow mamma, that is really intense, empowering and scary all at the same time. You and your little one will be bound with this strength that you discovered together forever! 

So many blessings for a peaceful babymoon!

sarahn4639 01-01-2011 08:12 PM

Oh wow, you are amazing!  Congrats on your healthy baby, I hope you are all recovering well, both physically and emotionally!  Many hugs and healing thoughts for you!

KayTeeJay 01-01-2011 08:21 PM

Oh mama, you are amazing! That sounds so scary; I'm so glad she is okay. I love her name, that was to be our baby's name if he were a girl!

carolina~mom2be 01-02-2011 06:30 AM

congrats mama! Rest up and savor every second with your little miracle! You are a strong mama and did an amazing job!! Welcome to the world sweet Elinor!

ein328 01-02-2011 06:56 AM

So happy for you, and awed at the mental and physical strength you displayed.

With DD#1, I had a lip that my mw pushed back- it was the only part of my labor that I wouldn't want to repeat. I cannot fathom having it attempted three times!

Welcome, Elinor!

wholewheatchick 01-02-2011 07:01 AM

Wow that sounds terrifying--so very glad that everything turned our beautifully and enjoy your little one!

lawmama1984 01-02-2011 01:06 PM

You told that story beautifully. I love the part where you said that it all came down to 3 women who worked harder than they ever had before. That was so touching. Rest up and congratulations on your beautiful baby girl

Gucci&Granola 01-03-2011 07:59 AM

Thank you all for the kind words.  I definitely have even more respect for women who give birth naturally now.  No way to to describe what it's actually like until you do it.