The quick arrival of our little boy!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cedar came into our family on Jan 2 after about 4 hrs of active labour, 40 min of pushing, standing at the end of our bed with our midwives, doula and daughter and my mom standing by. Dp caught him and passed him up to me exactly as we had planned and our dd announced to everyone that he was a boy.

Labour was pretty intense but wonderful. A quick labour leaves little time for thinking about anything so I was totally in labourland. Hypnobirthing was helpful but I ended up really needing to bear down and push despite planning to breathe him down. He is so incredible and we are feeling so ecstatic enjoying these first moments as a family of 4.

A big baby is so much easier to nurse and take care of too... Cedar is 3 lb bigger and 4" longer than dd was at 9lb2oz and 23"!!

Thanks so much mamas for so much support while we waited for our little guy to choose his birthing day at 41+3 ... joy.gif

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#2 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 PM

yayayaya!!! love it! thanks for sharing! rest up mama and snuggle that sweet little man as much as possible!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#3 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 AM

Congrats on baby Cedar! He sounds adorable!  Interesting he was so much bigger than his sis. Sounds like a great birth experience too - enjoy your baby moon! :)

#4 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 AM

congrats ncm!!!  sounds wonderful!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#5 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Congratulations!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#6 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Wow, another fast labor, Congratulations to you and your family, may this be a blessed time with lots of love floating between the four of you!

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#7 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congratulations!  I love his name.  It's nice to see that all our "late" babies do eventually show.  Can't wait to see a picture.

And I'm jealous of all these fast labors.  :)  I was planning to be somewhere other than the bed when it came time to push this time, but I was just too exhausted to move by then.

#8 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Congratulations!! I hope for a fast birth with my next! :) Your story sounds wonderful!

#9 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Daniel was also born at 41 and 3. And I find it interesting that the boards non-induced "late" babies had pretty east labors/deliveries. Almost makes going over that magical EDD worth it.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#10 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Congratulations!  That is so wonderful!  And so encouraging that you delivered a 9lb baby in 4hours, you go mama!  I love his name and big hugs to you all.  Have a most wonderful babymoon!!!!!

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#11 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone...this babymoon started with a bit of stress with cedar not peeing (or us not seeing it due to our ultra absorbant cloth little joey diapers)...finally after day three we saw a pee (had to keep him diaper free to see them) and things have started to relax around here and we didn't have to consult with a pediatrician as we thought we may have to. So luckily, we haven't left home at all!  This homebirth was absolutely my dream come true. I am so amazed still that it is real...and so so so in love with my little cedar.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#12 of 12 Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrymamma View Post This homebirth was absolutely my dream come true. I am so amazed still that it is real...and so so so in love with my little cedar.

I feel the exact same way.  I wish I could live in that moment forever.  I felt confident, awesome and in shock that it actually happened!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page