Best nursing tops? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bought a light color and regret it due to milk stains and the other one has a pretty lace part that immediately unraveled when baby grabbed it.  Best reasonably priced tops?

#2 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I bought 3 shelf-bra nursing tank tops at Walmart.  Bestform or something.  They run VERY small though.  I'm wearing an XL.  If I go out I either wear a button down or loose shirt over it.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#3 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 PM

i bought the bravado essential. the sizing is a bit odd: either B/C or D/E. and others of course. i went from a regular B to the D/E. easy to open and close one-handed, not the cheapest but i thought worth it.

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#4 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Japanese weekend.... the ones that criss cross in front... they aren't "reasonably priced," but I have found them on sale before.

#5 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 PM

i want one that doesn't give me uni boob!   any recs on that?

not only no uni-boob, nice lifted and separated breasts like my victoria secret bras do.  is there such a thing?

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#6 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 05:22 PM

I need advice too!!! Has anyone bought from Glamour mom? And I second the no unaboob look. Supportive though. Thanks!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#7 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlgirl View Post

I need advice too!!! Has anyone bought from Glamour mom? And I second the no unaboob look. Supportive though. Thanks!!

I got a couple of used Glamourmom tanks off eBay. They seem nice, but they run so small that I can't use them! I wear a 36C and am about a size 12, and based on the size chart on the Glamourmom website a large should have fit me just fine, but they were unwearably tight! Anyway, I think they would have worked really well other than that, but I would advise sizing up!

I have really been loving the Gilligan and O'Malley nursing tanks from Target. They are about 16 dollars each, so pretty cheap compared to many others. They have ones that criss cross in the front as well as the ones with latches, and they come in regular lengths as well as long. The color selection is pretty limited in the stores, but they have more colors online.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#8 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Glamour Mom too small for me too... I am a 16 and bought a few XXL (hard on the ol' ego to do that) AND gave them to a women who is a M and she wears them....  I had one hot nursing bra made by... Nizo, the Allure.... not the most comfy, but doable, and HOT, when I needed that.

#9 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 PM

I wear a nursing bra (it's a nice t-shirt material w/ underwire from Motherhood Maternity) under a nursing tank from Target.  I feel like I don't have enough support with just one of those items.  If I wear the bra alone, I end up with double boob if I fill up too much, but if I wear the nursing tank alone, I have uni-boob.  <insert eyeroll here>  LOL!  But, layering them works well!  I bought a bunch of the V-neck and scoop-neck Tees from Motherhood while I was preggo in a size Small (I'm normally in a Med in non-preggo clothes but I liked the fit of the smalls when I was preggo).  I wore them through my entire pregnancy but they still fit like a DREAM non-preggo!  I like that they are longer (like what's in style) and have enough stretch to be nice and 'form fitting' like a nice fitted T but also have enough strech to not strech out and look ridiculous after having to pull it up to nurse.  Having the tank under the tee keeps my belly covered when I'm nursing too. 

I've tried a few nursing shirts that were passed down to me but they just seemed too wide and like a heavy maternity shirt.  I defintely didn't feel like it was a flattering look for me, so the nursing tank under reg shirts work well for me. 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#10 of 19 Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Love Bravado. I don't think it gives you the uni boob look and I have some that are 3 years old that still look good and work fine.

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#11 of 19 Old 01-10-2011, 11:53 AM

I don't think I have worn a bra since baby was born LOL No, that's not true. I wore my Bravado sleep bra a couple times....but my problem is that my boobs are ENORMOUS! I mean, I am scared to go to the nursing boutique and get sized because I just don't want to know. The ones I have now are size I ("eye" lol) from my first son, but we never really established nursing and now I have A LOT of milk and I am scared they are Js or Ks or something...but I would really like to hear from some bigger chested mamas (if we have any) on things that work for them. I like the Bravado I have. Super comfy and easy to get on/off. Also, FWIW, I am not plus size anywhere else. Just the chest, so smost tanks won't work. I would *love* to be able to get a tank with the built in bra, but if it fits the girls, it ain't fitting the rest of me LOL! (PS My hubby loves this "problem." I better not end up in another DDC for another couple-few years lol.gif)

#12 of 19 Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 AM

I use bravado bras when I wear one at all!  I love the tank but have to agree about the oddity of their sizing. I'm a B/C at the beginning but by the time dd was 4 mo I needed to be in a smaller size, closer to the B than the C I think. I just bought a new one yesterday and am hoping that it fits me for a long time....they are super expensive. Oh and no uniboob. I have one from a maternity store here that definitely gives the uniboob...so weird looking!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#13 of 19 Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks. I have 2 Bravado's and I have lived in them sincw PP day 2. I am the super leaker and need to wear breast pads at all times as well. I will have to check out there tanks. I am loving their bras!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#14 of 19 Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Popping in from the April DDC to say Victoria's Secret does make a nursing bra.  Here's a link:

http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/nursing

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#15 of 19 Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Also popping in from the April DDC smile.gif I came across these tanks recently. You can wear your favorite nursing bra yet still have your tummy covered. I have never used them so can't give a review as to how well they work or how comfortable they are, but I plan on trying one with this little one. They look pretty cool! orngbiggrin.gif

http://www.modestmiddles.com/

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

#16 of 19 Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM

This same idea is at Walmart for ~$15 on the aisle with all the shapers/girdles.  :)  Just an FYI! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_r4ks View Post

Also popping in from the April DDC smile.gif I came across these tanks recently. You can wear your favorite nursing bra yet still have your tummy covered. I have never used them so can't give a review as to how well they work or how comfortable they are, but I plan on trying one with this little one. They look pretty cool! orngbiggrin.gif

http://www.modestmiddles.com/

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#17 of 19 Old 01-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysQueen View Post

This same idea is at Walmart for ~$15 on the aisle with all the shapers/girdles.  smile.gif  Just an FYI! 

Awsome! Thanks for letting me know. smile.gif I wasn't looking forward to spending $29.99 +tax + shipping for one tank top.

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

#18 of 19 Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Yep!! I just bought a Bravado nursing bra from Wal-mart last night and it is the comfiest bra EVAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbergirl View Post

Love Bravado. I don't think it gives you the uni boob look and I have some that are 3 years old that still look good and work fine.

#19 of 19 Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_r4ks View Post

Awsome! Thanks for letting me know. smile.gif I wasn't looking forward to spending $29.99 +tax + shipping for one tank top.

Glad I could help!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Worm View Post

Yep!! I just bought a Bravado nursing bra from Wal-mart last night and it is the comfiest bra EVAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbergirl View Post

WALMART has Bravado bras??? 

Jamie * Andy's Queen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page