Has anyone had a PPAF Yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was only able to breast feed for a little while so now emma is completely on formula and i've had my 6 week appointment (as of Jan 17th).  My doctor told me that i should start my period within two weeks of my appointment and that if i don't start within 2 weeks after that then I need to let them know so that I'm able to start my birth control pills.  I was just going to see if anyone has actually had a PPAF yet and if not when did you start with your last pregnancy (if you've been pregnant before)   I hope that I start soon because I want to go ahead and start my birth control.  I only plan on taking the pill for a year then we are going to start trying again once Emma is a year old or so.  I don't want 7 years between her and our next one like what happened btw Emma and her older sister Jayde! 

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#2 of 3 Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 AM

I started at 6 months postpartum last time.  I fed him formula for a month so that is why I think I started then.  Hopefully, this will be a long time coming for me.  We think we are done after this.  Well, DH is definitely done and I am a bit on the fence about it ;)

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-22-2011, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

:)  We've decided that this isn't the END but that we aren't going to go throug the fertility treatments like we did to get pregnant with Emma.  We are doing better with our eating habits (me more than him because DH is tall and thin any way and it makes me sick lol)  I have already lost all of my baby weight plus i've lost an extra 6lbs so i'm down to 155 now..which is still WAY too big for my 5'0'' frame.  We are also starting the P90X work out on February 1st at hopes to be in better shape come our trip to Disney World in June.  I know that I at least want to stay on my birth control until after our trip because I want to be able to enjoy the trip without having to worry about "am i pregnant" or "i'm pregnant so i can't ride any of the rides other than it's a small world" lol.   My goal weight to lose is 45lbs..which would put me back to my pre-pregnancy weight from when I got pregnant with my oldest child who's 7 now.  I just hope that this new program works.  I know that it's going to take a lot to stay motivated but I have the will power this go round i think and plus i'm not going to be working out by myself, my husband and my sister-in-law are planning on working out with me too.  I know it sounds crazy to WANT to start AF after going 9 months without it and for having the postpartum lochia that's still sticking around (luckily is getting much much lighter!!! I'm TIRED OF THIS PART!!)  I'm just ready to be able to start my birth control so that me and DH can get back to having FUN again together...(when i'm not too tired to do anything...which i love the saying that a new baby is the best birth control ever because it's so true!  By the time that we get her and her older sister in bed for the night i'm just ready to pass out and night time is the only time that we have alone together because he works monday thru thursday from 6am til 4pm and i work Thursday thru Monday from 7am to 3pm...so we don't have much time together until after we get our showers, baby's bath, jayde's shower (our 7 yr old) and homework done, dinner, then it's bed time!  It's always crazy in our house so I don't really think i have to worry about getting pregnant too soon, but like my mom said the other day if it happens it happens and we'll love that baby just as much as we love our other two girls!!!  I just wanna make sure that my body has plenty of time to heal after my c-section that I had on December 6th! 

I hope that your PPAF stays away for much longer too and maybe if baby fever returns that your DH wouldn't be too upset with one more lol...my sister in law use to get baby fever all of the time until my brother finally had the big V and now she says that it doesn't affect her like it use to when she's around little babies.   

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page