Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Message from Tanya:

Quote:
Welcome Writing Mamas!

I will be working with you over the course of the next 4 weeks to write the mythical story of your journey into motherhood. You may choose to focus your story on the birth of your child or on experiences you have had at different stages in your mothering journey. To begin with, I’ll ask you to simply stay open and see what stories most want to be told “through” you.

Each week, I will give you several topics to write on. I’ll ask you to post your writings on the forum each week. In the last session, we’ll focus on editing and piecing together some of your writing to create a focused story to be shared with the Mothering community.

I look forward to connecting with you via phone tomorrow night. Please show up with a pen, writing tablet and your open heart !

See you then.

Love,
Tanya

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#2 of 49 Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

We are expecting 30 participants. I will post the call-in instructions as soon as they are available. The call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6th at 7:30 Mountain time (6:30 West, 8:30 Central, 9:30 East). Please post when you have arrived to let us know you've found us:
  1. QueenOfTheMeadow nyc_via_pdx
  2. slvsquared
  3. annettemarie
  4. madskye
  5. lisavark
  6. MittensKittens
  7. mclisa
  8. pampered_mom
  9. kittynurse
  10. proudmamanow
  11. lolar2
  12. bajamergrrl
  13. To-Fu
  14. jennabean knitterlymama
  15. HappyMommy2
  16. readermaid
  17. AllysonB scrappyhappymama
  18. cachet
  19. wechoosethis grumpybear
  20. reikibirth jaejaerae
  21. Puellalamaman
  22. allingoodtime
  23. Bennifer
  24. JulAmber
  25. Rigama
  26. birthyourway75
  27. thehappydeer
  28. Bobbys
  29. almadianna
  30. JoDoula

You're in good hands with Tanya. I hope everyone has an awesome experience, and thanks again for participating!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#3 of 49 Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not going to be actively participating, so if anyone has any urgent questions beyond the first day or so, I'm available via Private Message or email (administrator@mothering.com).

For those who are new to MDC, please be sure to post to our introduction forum: Pleased to Meet You and take advantage of the great discussion forums we have to offer. Here is our FAQ, too.

We look forward to a great workshop. Enjoy!

#4 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to this!
#5 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 AM

I'm here! I'm really excited to do this.
#6 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 AM

Thank you for the information! I am looking forward to this!
#7 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM

How exciting!

Can you explain how the phone thing will work? I'm a little confused about that and have some minor phone anxiety, so I like to know what to expect.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#8 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM

Looking forward to this fantastic opportunity!
#9 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 AM

i found it!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#10 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:56 AM

Checking in I'd also like to know what to expect from the phone call - Huge phone anxiety here

Sandi - Work at home writer mama to Zoe the monkey girl 9/06 and Luna the zen baby 8/08
#11 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

I have zero details on the phone part. I think the conference call is something Tanya is working out with the Mothering office, and I will share details just as soon I get them. I do not think the phone aspect involves any type of pressure. Tanya is super nice so I would try not to be anxious

#12 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 AM

Hi, I'm just checking in. Very excited about this!

Librarian, Blogger, Book Reviewer, Mama
#13 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Here is the conference call information from Mothering's marketing director:

Quote:
Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 475-4875

Participant Access Code: 480584#
The call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6th at 7:30 pm Mountain time (6:30 West, 8:30 Central, 9:30 East).

#14 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 01:37 AM

Checking in! I found the forum and I'm very excited.
#15 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 AM

Checking in, but also wondering about the conference call part. I'm on Central European Time, which I think is mountain -7. That makes me able to participate time-wise, just wondering about the technical details .

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#16 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM

I'm here too and I also have minor phone anxiety and have never been on a conf. call. I'm excited though.

Krista, crafty blogging mama to four
#17 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 AM

I can get into the forum just fine.

The conf call # does not look like a free number though...???

Looking forward to tonight!!
#18 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Checking in. Thanks! Hopefully I can get my infant son in bed before the call as I'm in Eastern time zone.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
#19 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM

I'm here. Should be able to make the conference call, unless DD decides to stay up late. Can I call in a few minutes late if she has trouble going to sleep?

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
#20 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'll be there or on the phone at least. I'm nervous!!

#21 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It says that it's Tuesday April 7th, but tonight is the 6th. So is it Tuesday the 6th or Wed the 7th?

#22 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, I verified and the call is not an 800 free call. Long distance fees will apply if your carrier charges for long distance. Anyone who can dial a US phone number should be able to participate. At the scheduled time of the conference call, everyone dials in and once connected, the conference call will begin. I believe it's okay to be a few minutes late

If you experience static or echo on your conferencing line, please use the *5 key, to mute all callers. For participants that wish to speak have them press *6 to un-mute their line. Please refrain from using speakers, headsets, cordless phones, etc., if you encounter static or echo on your conference calls.

Exit conference - *3 key
Pressing *3 Takes the individual user out of the conference call and back into the lobby.

Instructions - *4 key
Plays a menu of touch tone commands.

Mute - *6 key
Pressing *6 will mute the line of the individual caller – pressing *6 again will un-mute the line.

#23 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

April 6th, sorry!

#24 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm here and also excited!!! My mom is even going to come by tonight to watch my baby girl in case she is up although she probably won't be since it will be 9:30 here. Can't wait to start!!
#25 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM

I'll be there, thank you for the opportunity!
#26 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 AM

I'm here! But I have no idea if I'll manage the phone thing. I don't have phone anxiety, but I don't think DS will be in bed yet and he may need attention.
#27 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Hi Everybody,

Please don't worry about the phone call tonight!

I'll be talking about the writing process and giving you your writing assignments.

There will be an opportunity for me to answer any questions. I led a group like this on this forum a few years ago and we didn't do phone calls...I think it will be nice to just say hi and hear each other's voices. It feels a little more personal than doing the entire class online.

The day after the call, I will have the assignment posted online. I'll be asking you to post some of your writing back at this forum to share with others.

Love,
Tanya
#28 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Here are directives and information about the conference call that should help everyone know what to expect and how to participate.

Only normal long distance charges by each caller's carrier apply. There will be no bill or charges from FreeConferenceCall.com for this service. If you have free long distance service or a VoIP service such as Skype the call will be free for you.

Call-in a few minutes before the conference is to begin. You can call at anytime and wait for the conference to start. Those on the line will be able to talk to each other so you might like to get to know one another while waiting for the conference call to start.

The call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6th at 7:30 pm Mountain time (6:30 West, 8:30 Central, 9:30 East). When you call in you will be prompted for an access code. Enter that followed by the pound key (#)

Quote:
Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 475-4875
Participant Access Code: 480584#
Once you have entered the access code you will be told how many callers are in the room and asked to announce yourself ("Hi, this is Cynthia" or "Hi, this is georgia"). You will hear a "ding" which indicates you have entered into the conference room and you can then announce yourself.

Here are the feature keys you can use as a participant:

*3 Exit - exit the call (or simply hang up)
*4 Instructions - conference instructions (Plays a menu of touch tone commands.)
*6 Mute/Unmute - caller controlled muting. Press *6 to mute your line. Press *6 again to unmute the line. (Use Mute if you are not speaking so that your background noises will not be heard by others. Switch to Unmute if you wish to ask a question or contribute to the discussion.)

If you happen to lose your connection to the call simply dial in again and go through the same steps to enter the conference room.

If you'd like to call in right now or anytime before the conference call to see how the menu operates, you can do so.

#29 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya Taylor View Post
Hi Everybody,

Please don't worry about the phone call tonight!

I'll be talking about the writing process and giving you your writing assignments.

There will be an opportunity for me to answer any questions. I led a group like this on this forum a few years ago and we didn't do phone calls...I think it will be nice to just say hi and hear each other's voices. It feels a little more personal than doing the entire class online.

The day after the call, I will have the assignment posted online. I'll be asking you to post some of your writing back at this forum to share with others.

Love,
Tanya
Hi Tanya,

I am looking forward to the class, but frankly I am dreading the whole conference call. I live in Serbia and am still trying to figure out how to access the conference call. I do have skype. If it turns out I am unable to participate in the call, I'll still be around to write and take part in the online discussions/assignments/whatever else though. Is that OK?

Olivia

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#30 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 02:59 PM

I am here! Thank you for this, I'm very excited!

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page