Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is the conference call information:

Quote:
Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 475-4875

Participant Access Code: 480584#
The call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6th at 7:30 pm Mountain time (6:30 West, 8:30 Central, 9:30 East).

More details as they come in

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, I verified and the call is not an 800 free call. Long distance fees will apply if your carrier charges for long distance. Anyone who can dial a US phone number should be able to participate. At the scheduled time of the conference call, everyone dials in and once connected, the conference call will begin. I believe it's okay to be a few minutes late..but please try to be early or on time so Tanya doesn't have to repeat herself

If you experience static or echo on your conferencing line, please use the *5 key, to mute all callers. For participants that wish to speak have them press *6 to un-mute their line. Please refrain from using speakers, headsets, cordless phones, etc., if you encounter static or echo on your conference calls.

Exit conference - *3 key
Pressing *3 Takes the individual user out of the conference call and back into the lobby.

Instructions - *4 key
Plays a menu of touch tone commands.

Mute - *6 key
Pressing *6 will mute the line of the individual caller – pressing *6 again will un-mute the line.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

From Cynthia, our Web Director:

Quote:
Only normal long distance charges by each caller's carrier apply. There will be no bill or charges from FreeConferenceCall.com for this service. If you have free long distance service or a VoIP service such as Skype the call will be free for you.

Call-in a few minutes before the conference is to begin. You can call at anytime and wait for the conference to start. Those on the line will be able to talk to each other so you might like to get to know one another while waiting for the conference call to start.

The call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6th at 7:30 pm Mountain time (6:30 West, 8:30 Central, 9:30 East). When you call in you will be prompted for an access code. Enter that followed by the pound key (#)

Quote:
Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 475-4875
Participant Access Code: 480584#
Once you have entered the access code you will be told how many callers are in the room and asked to announce yourself ("Hi, this is Cynthia" or "Hi, this is georgia"). You will hear a "ding" which indicates you have entered into the conference room and you can then announce yourself.

Here are the feature keys you can use as a participant:

*3 Exit - exit the call (or simply hang up)
*4 Instructions - conference instructions (Plays a menu of touch tone commands.)
*6 Mute/Unmute - caller controlled muting. Press *6 to mute your line. Press *6 again to unmute the line. (Use Mute if you are not speaking so that your background noises will not be heard by others. Switch to Unmute if you wish to ask a question or contribute to the discussion.)

If you happen to lose your connection to the call simply dial in again and go through the same steps to enter the conference room.

If you'd like to call in right now or anytime before the conference call to see how the menu operates, you can do so.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Hi Everybody!

I will be speaking on the call tonight and giving you your writing assignments. There will be an opportunity to ask any questions you may have. I do suggest that you all have paper and pen in hand to take notes.

Looking forward to speaking with you in a few hours...

All my best,
Tanya
Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Georgia and Tanya.
Do we have a conference call this evening? I think we are supposed to have one tonight, is that correct?
Thanks! And sorry if I've missed something really obvious...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sigh. I missed the call..I had the wrong time! I should have called in at 9:30 rather than 10:30. I will try to catch it next time!!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Just wondering if the calls have been recorded or not.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:23 AM

I also missed tonight's call . If anyone feels up to it, could we get just a super quick summary?

Thanks,

Jaimie
Old 04-14-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puellalamaman View Post
I also missed tonight's call . If anyone feels up to it, could we get just a super quick summary?

Thanks,

Jaimie
Same here. I simply can't make it, time-zone wise . I hope someone can tell us what happened.

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Tonya gave us a brief rundown of how we will put our final stories together. The final piece, the one that will be published on the website, should be between 1500-3000 words. The first 2/3 to 3/4 should be the story itself, without comment or judgement. The last 1/4 to 1/3 should be direct insight. What have I learned from having gone through this? How am I changed or transformed? What wisdom do I have now that I didn't before?

She challenged us to make the decision to tell our free write stories from a deeper, more vulnerable place. Instead of telling a story we've told before and that we feel comfortable telling, tell one that that exposes us.

She highly suggests finding a physical activity to support your inner writer. Walking, yoga, a jog, etc. Stories live in a cellular level, and sometimes physical activity brings out stories we didn't know were there.

Prompts for week 2- Write on at least 5. Free write for at least 15 minutes:

The Kitchen Table
The Bed
The year 2006
the year 1982
Breaking up
Falling in love
The Taboo
my dog
my body
the divorce
food
the wedding
transformation

Wisdom writing is where you sit quietly with yourself and ponder a question, and then write on it. She had us think of something in our lives that we could use guidance on, and write it out as a question. Do at least one 15 minute long, free write on your wisdom writing question. She also gave us additional questions:

What do I most need to say?
What is preventing me from being in my full power?

She recommends Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones for writing practice. Old Friend from Far Away is a good "how to write a memoir" book. Ann Lamont's Bird by Bird and Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way are also wonderful books to support writing.

After next week's call, we will start emailing her our free writes in one chunk, and she will help us edit and piece them together.

This week she doesn't want us to worry about fitting our stories together or editing. Just write.

I'm sure I've left things out, so if you can think of something, chime in!

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 PM

Wow, that was super helpful! Thanks! Can anyone give me more info on the "wisdom writing question"? I'm not sure I'm understanding that correctly.

THANK YOU!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:00 PM

I know this probably doesn't really matter but I had thought she said "the year 2006", not 2000. I only remember that because that year was specifically one of the worst in my whole life and I thought it was interesting she randomly chose that year. But maybe I heard wrong!

Great summary Rigama. I couldn't take notes because my baby girl was sleeping right next to me in the dark so I don't have anything further to add.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulAmber View Post
I know this probably doesn't really matter but I had thought she said "the year 2006", not 2000. I only remember that because that year was specifically one of the worst in my whole life and I thought it was interesting she randomly chose that year. But maybe I heard wrong!

Great summary Rigama. I couldn't take notes because my baby girl was sleeping right next to me in the dark so I don't have anything further to add.
You're right...she did say 2006. See what happens when I try to function without caffeine!

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puellalamaman View Post
Wow, that was super helpful! Thanks! Can anyone give me more info on the "wisdom writing question"? I'm not sure I'm understanding that correctly.

THANK YOU!

I think the idea is that we will do at least one wisdom writing topic in addition to our free writes.

For the Wisdom Writing we can choose one of her topics or we can sit and think of a situation in our lives that we need some guidance to. When we have the situation, try to form it into a question. For example, I'm having a rough and scary time in my marriage and I don't know what to do about it. So the question I wrote was "What can I do to keep my marriage together/happy?" Then I'll sit down, clear my mind and keep my pen moving on that question for 15 minutes. Somewhere, deep inside us, we know the answers to our wisdom questions and this exercise is meant to help us tap into our inner wise selves.

Does that help?

Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks so much, Rigama!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks!

Mama to 2: 2twins.gif 12/7 and 9/10
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM

I'm totally in on the conference call right now! WHEW.

User Tag List