How you plan to tell the family/world - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
myk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the second i told DH, i blurted out "you HAVE to phone your dad! right now! what are you standing around for?" FIL lives in another province so an in-person announcement is out of the question.

we were going to my mom's school today for another thing, so we went to her class at lunch and i held up the FRER. ironically she was "delivering babies" (the computerized baby simulation dolls from the class) today at lunch, which is why it took a while to find her

my sister is in india but she's coming next month, so i'll tell all my sisters in person at the same time. if i can hold off that long LOL. i doubt i'll have much in the way of creative announcements though.

January 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticeight View Post
We'll probably tell the kids tonight and they'll tell everyone...we'll see.The trick will be NOT mentioning it on facebook...
Oh man I can adhere to that! I had a loss in March....but when I found out I was pregnant...I announced it on FB thinking everything would be fine. Man did I feel even more awful when everything was not fine.

I probably won't even make a fb announcement at all this time. People will eventually figure it out.

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#33 of 44 Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney View Post
We haven't yet. I want to make the kids shirts that say "big brother" and "little brother" and the "big brother" one will have "again" added in scribbly writing. The "little brother" one will have "little" crossed out and "middle" written in.
Yeah, so our little "drama queen" changed our plans for us. Here's my facebook status:
(my name) wants you to know I did not have a miscarriage. I had a SCARE but all signs point to a healthy pregnancy. This is NOT how I wanted to share our news, but I want you to hear it from me, not a hurtful LIE of a rumor. Even if it was true, it's VERY PERSONAL and I don't need it spread around. I trust that our real friends would never do such a thing to us or our unborn child, who is very much ALIVE. God bless.
#34 of 44 Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 AM

I fly home tomorrow and will see DH for the first time since I have known, tomorrow night for bedtime. I'm wanting to hold out and Wednesday while he is at work to get my second hcg number and plan a fun way to tell him, no idea if I can, and no idea how I'll tell if I can hold out. I saved a thread somewhere from years ago that had great ways to tell DH, I'm going to go see if I can find it.

I can't believe that I have known for 4 days and have not told anyone I know!!!!!! I have told a few totally random strangers to get it out of my system. It was soooo hard not to tell my little sister, I visited her on my trip and we had dinner.
After I tell DH the top of my list to tell right way is my mom (she is supportive but worried if I'm ready to be a mom, so I hope she musters the forethought to be happy for me, she is really important in my life) my best friend that lives two hours away ( we had hoped to be preggo together but her son is already 17 months, (she is going to be beyond thrilled to the moon for me) and my grandpa (he is 93 and we have had a super super like nothing else close relationship my whole life, he has also been the one person IRL that has empathized with me and that I ha e told about some of my infertility struggles. It was been out secret, not even mom or grandma knows the stuff he does. I know one of his life goal was to meet my kids and get to spend time with them. I have missed his best years, but am hopeful about making the most of the time we have.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#35 of 44 Old 05-18-2010, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
I fly home tomorrow and will see DH for the first time since I have known, tomorrow night for bedtime. I'm wanting to hold out and Wednesday while he is at work to get my second hcg number and plan a fun way to tell him, no idea if I can, and no idea how I'll tell if I can hold out. I saved a thread somewhere from years ago that had great ways to tell DH, I'm going to go see if I can find it.

I can't believe that I have known for 4 days and have not told anyone I know!!!!!! I have told a few totally random strangers to get it out of my system. It was soooo hard not to tell my little sister, I visited her on my trip and we had dinner.
After I tell DH the top of my list to tell right way is my mom (she is supportive but worried if I'm ready to be a mom, so I hope she musters the forethought to be happy for me, she is really important in my life) my best friend that lives two hours away ( we had hoped to be preggo together but her son is already 17 months, (she is going to be beyond thrilled to the moon for me) and my grandpa (he is 93 and we have had a super super like nothing else close relationship my whole life, he has also been the one person IRL that has empathized with me and that I ha e told about some of my infertility struggles. It was been out secret, not even mom or grandma knows the stuff he does. I know one of his life goal was to meet my kids and get to spend time with them. I have missed his best years, but am hopeful about making the most of the time we have.
Wow, you've done well not telling since you've known for 4 days!!

Oh, and it may be the hormones, but the part about your grandpa got me teary!!

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#36 of 44 Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmevans View Post
Oh, and it may be the hormones, but the part about your grandpa got me teary!!
Me too!

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#37 of 44 Old 05-20-2010, 07:53 PM

well i got my DH taken care of, that was a blast!!

after fretting about what i was going to do, i finally figured it out just perfect and went into motion...

www.adorkable.me

he loved it and got it right away, we have been having a wonderful time around here, now i get to work on the other main folks.

i'm thinking i need to do something with the cool info that both my mom and my growing child will be Metal Tigers in the Chinese Zodiac! my mom and I are both tigers and have always bonded about that. She absolutely loves tigers.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#38 of 44 Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
well i got my DH taken care off, that was a blast!!

after fretting about what i was going to do, i finally figured it out just perfect and went into motion...

www.adorkable.me

he loved it and got it right away, we have been having a wonderful around here, now i get to work on the other main folks.

i'm thinking i need to do something with the cool info that both my mom and my growing child will be Metal Tigers in the Chinese Zodiac! my mom and I are both tigers and have always bonded about that. She absolutely loves tigers.
I love what you did to tell your husband! That is just awesome!

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#39 of 44 Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
very cool

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#40 of 44 Old 05-20-2010, 11:37 PM

So my dad is from Haiti and they have this old wives tale that when your toddler starts putting her head on the ground and bottom up in the air like she's going to do a.summer salt she's calling for another child to be born. Well I have a few pics of my daughter doing this. So I plan on sending a pic out with the caption that says "call dad and ask him what it means and tell him it worked."
#41 of 44 Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelJoy View Post
So my dad is from Haiti and they have this old wives tale that when your toddler starts putting her head on the ground and bottom up in the air like she's going to do a.summer salt she's calling for another child to be born. Well I have a few pics of my daughter doing this. So I plan on sending a pic out with the caption that says "call dad and ask him what it means and tell him it worked."
That's pretty cool. I'd never heard of that before.

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#42 of 44 Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
well i got my DH taken care of, that was a blast!!

www.adorkable.me

he loved it and got it right away, we have been having a wonderful time around here, now i get to work on the other main folks.

Wow, that is so sweet!

Also, Jan 2011 is a tiger year? I am a tiger too! Very neat!

Quote:
I've never heard that before! How cool! My DS loves to do that lol

ETA: As for us telling, my parents are going to be in town near fathers day and we were thinking I would pee on a digi and wrap it up in a box along with the first u/s pic and give it as an early fathers day/ late mothers day gift addressed to both of them. Hopefully we see DHs mom and her husband soon enough to do it in person as well. His dad lives in Calgary so we will tell him over the phone (not for a while... he was the only one we told about our last pregnancy before we found out I was having a m/c. I don't want to do that to him again, just in case). Extended family will probably find out through the gossip mills that are our mothers, haha

Amanda + Steven SAHM to James (Feb 19, 2008) and Alexander (Jan 7, 2011). Lost little ones always in my heart (07/11/2009) (04/2010)

#43 of 44 Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 PM

year of the white tiger, is from feb 2010 till feb 2011, our babies will come just in at the last month

#44 of 44 Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I've never heard of that! Very interesting, and such a cool way to share the news!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page