What are YOU eating now? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegrrl View Post
Who knew dog food food smelled so horrific?
OMG, you are so right! Dog food (even dry kibble!) is the WORST right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigfam View Post
MAN now I want a pasty!!!! I don't eat gravy on mine just a TON of ketchup.
Me too! TONS of ketchup!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
I ate sushi last night. Too good to deprive myself of it. I'm partial to the salmon (in sushi and pretty much everything else - it's like my favorite food and the thing I missed most when I was a vegetarian).

I think the risk is pretty minimal, really. Just another one of those things that the modern medical community have made a big ruckus over to scare women. I'm sure a lot of other people here can give you links about it. It's just one of the many reasons I like everyone here so much.
Until I figure out who my midwife will be I am seeing a regular OB. She told me they don't restrict anything except alcohol (of course) & caffiene. And this coming from a mainstream medical professional.
It really is what you are comfortable with though. I read another thread where someone was worried cause the ate a runny egg.
I think it's something called lysteria that people are worried about which I believe is a bacteria but I'm not positive.
In the runny egg thread there were lots of people saying that the egg & sushi are fine as long as you trust the source.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0xxie View Post
OMG, you are so right! Dog food (even dry kibble!) is the WORST right now!
I don't know how I missed the original post about dog food!

My cat is incredibly spoiled (even more so than most cats - hard to believe I know) and since he nearly died earlier this month and everything I've been doting like crazy - that is since he started letting me be in the same room with him (let's just say he wasn't pleased about being left at the Vet for almost a week, even though I visited him every day).

Part of the spoiling is wet cat food, something I hate more than anything even when I'm not pregnant. After this weekend, feeding him is DF's job. That and the litter box.

Too bad he doesn't know that yet.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
Me too! TONS of ketchup!
Do you have a good recipe? I want a true Northern Michigan pasty, no pie crust...just yummy pasty goodness! I want to make some this weekend for my unsuspecting family. they won't know what hit them.

Big Momma
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 AM

I've been needing soba and water with TONS of lemon. We're out of lemons and the thought is making my mouth water.

Sarah: Soon to be Mama to three! Tess(3) Lucy (19mo) and a new little light ready to brighten the world Jan 2011
Old 05-28-2010, 02:54 PM

I got my tuna noodle casserole... It was freaking FABULOUS! Best thing I have eaten all week. I have lots of leftovers too. The sushi salad might be a good substitute if, like another poster, it wasn't the big slabs of raw fish that drew me too it in the first place. And the wasabi! Super thick, like someone turns your head inside out when it hits your soft palate. *drool* I think I am going to go ahead and eat it when we can afford it... I have to drive an hour and a half to go get it... It's always a special occasion. I'm not really scared by all the heebie jeebie mumbo jumbo. Like I said, cast iron gut. I haven't had food poisoning since I was a little kid, and let me tell you it's not for lack of exposure. All the iodine in the nori would zap any potential critters I am sure.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:17 AM

soymilk! i guess it's the protein? it's helping though! my nausea gets so much worse at night; it's hard to eat dinner.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Do you have a good recipe? I want a true Northern Michigan pasty, no pie crust...just yummy pasty goodness! I want to make some this weekend for my unsuspecting family. they won't know what hit them.
A pasty with no crust? I've never heard of that that. Well, I suppose I have but my mom called it 'hamburger hash.'

The recipe I use is this basic one. If you don't want the crust, I would just fry it all up in a pan, making sure to use cold baked potatoes. Peas also taste great in this. I'm not a fan of turnips or rutabagas so I omit them and add some peas instead.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 05-31-2010, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Margherita pizza, Caesar salad, and garlic bread.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm pretty ashamed of my diet lately. I'm just feeling so crummy!

I added eggs back into my diet (I'm a vegetarian, allergic to dairy) in an effort to get more protein into me. Also, it's a plus that half the time the thought of eggs isn't totally repulsive. This morning I had two eggs, sunny-side up, on toast. It was really good.

I do better with fruits and veggies on some days than others.

Pita and hummus is okay most of the time. Burritos and wraps are going down reasonably well. I see some sort of pasta in my future...

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 AM

This is really weird. I haven't looked at this thread in a while, but I actually bought the ingredients for tuna noodle casserole today. I guess great minds think alike!!

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 AM

Another vote for tuna noodle casserole? CRAZY! *haha* Between the sushi and the tuna noodle casserole we have a lot of fish cravers here. I found myself REALLY wanting some sardines today. Or anchovies. Or kippers. The little salty boney ones.

Had a funny thought... Most of these babies will be born in the year of the Tiger, or maybe the year of the Rabbit, which in some cultures is the year of the Cat. Maybe that explains all these fish hungry wombkins.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM

We went out into the mountains, deep in the woods, to a friend's birthday bash-- they live off the grid in a converted school bus. Took all 4 kids, and motored out. My sweetie ended up in charge of grilling the salmon, and eveytime I walked by, I ate another piece. Yum! Now everything is a little bit yuck...
Old 06-01-2010, 06:16 PM

Lots and lots of sushi, tempura veggies and shrimp. Also a lot of BLT's. Dunkin donuts sweat tea and cherry limeade from Sonic!

Jenn, single, wahm, to Kayla Rayne born 8-18-09 and Gunnar James who was born sleeping @ 39 weeks 1/12/2011
Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Thank you to whoever mentioned Taco Bell. That is what I decided I needed for lunch today. Taco Bell Nachos. I've been eating pretty healthy otherwise except for the (fairly) occasional ice cream sandwich.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
A pasty with no crust? I've never heard of that that. Well, I suppose I have but my mom called it 'hamburger hash.'

The recipe I use is this basic one. If you don't want the crust, I would just fry it all up in a pan, making sure to use cold baked potatoes. Peas also taste great in this. I'm not a fan of turnips or rutabagas so I omit them and add some peas instead.
No I want a pasty with crust but not pie crust...it is a different crust though! Sorry that was confusing!

Big Momma
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I had edamame, miso soup, seaweed salad, chicken yakitori, and salmon sashimi with DF for lunch. Super delicious.

Then I had tea and cookies while wedding dress shopping.

Now I'm on the subway headed home to make roasted chicken with bread salad and mashed potatoes for dinner - it's my last day off of work. Tomorrow, it's back to the grind. This will also be the first dinner I've made in our new kitchen. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 PM

For you sushi lovers out there...

Here's an interesting article indicating that sushi is not really high risk at all for pregnant women. (assuming you're eating at a reputable establishment).

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/op...shaw.html?_r=1
Old 06-02-2010, 03:01 PM

I finally found something today that was appetizing and that I could stomach - pizza!! Yum! It was soooo good, I devoured it like I hadn't eaten in days. Well, I haven't really eaten much in the past week......until these little mini pizzas found their way into my kitchen. I have a feeling this LO is going to be wanting a lot more of it

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Dill pickles
Sweet pickles
Fresh, raw fruit, any kind, especially orange juice
Fresh, raw veggies, any kind, especially red peppers
Milk, milk, milk, milk, milk
Greek olives
Potato chips with the sea salt

And, for some reason, an ANTIcraving... I can't even begin to explain, ordinarily, I would eat ice cream and chocolate like there's no tomorrow, but I really can't eat more than a bite or two without becoming terribly uninterested. Go figure! lol

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I currently have a horrible kidney infection (boo!) so I'm on a restricted sugar and sodium diet at the moment.

Please, somebody - anybody - go have some fried chicken in my honor and then immediately report back as to how it was. I need to live vicariously through one of you. Toast and applesauce just aren't cutting it.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I currently have a horrible kidney infection (boo!) so I'm on a restricted sugar and sodium diet at the moment.

Please, somebody - anybody - go have some fried chicken in my honor and then immediately report back as to how it was. I need to live vicariously through one of you. Toast and applesauce just aren't cutting it.
I am having Cheese Ravioli with meat sauce and garlic bread for dinner if that helps at all
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I am having Cheese Ravioli with meat sauce and garlic bread for dinner if that helps at all
Garlic bread . . . mmm. Yes, please.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Tuna noodle casserole is a weekly menu item around here,consistently for 11 years!YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am eating whatever-pretty much every/anything.I can finally eat hard and crunchy foods!!!!!!(tooth extraction on each side of my mouth a few weeks back)I'm still scared of chips and pretzels, but I got to have an apple!!!!Oh I have missed apples!

Oddly,I'm not craving anything...not grossed out by anything....hmmm.Strange.

I love to
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Please, somebody - anybody - go have some fried chicken in my honor and then immediately report back as to how it was. I need to live vicariously through one of you.
Soon a fried chicken & waffle place is coming to town. I can't wait!!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama View Post
Soon a fried chicken & waffle place is coming to town. I can't wait!!
Make SURE you go! I command you!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Watermelon. Lots and lots and lots of watermelon. For about 24-hours-straight here, minus the six hours I slept last night and my hour-long nap earlier I have basically done nothing but eat watermelon.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:59 PM

Pretzels dipped in a garlic goat cheese spread
Burritos stuffed with lots of filling and teriyaki sauce
Just got over a peach obsession. I love this time of year. All the good fruits are in season!
I found these delicious raw walnuts that are flavored with maple syrup and other spices.
I have some lemon curd from a local company that I thought would go well on toast. It doesn't, so now I'm going to have to make lemon meringue pie out of it
I have such terrible food issues that I'm grateful to be able to enjoy the above foods, even if they don't always fix my ms.

Me bfinfant.gifDP caffix.gif one silly 5 year old  boy blahblah.gif and a brand new babyboy.gifcd.gif  signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg
Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 AM

I need to stop visiting this thread... every time I do, I get a new craving after reading about different foods!

I badly wanted some Gardetto's snack mix last night, so my husband and I went to Walmart at 10pm. I was wandering through the aisles just throwing whatever looked tasty into the cart. I spied some orange juice and literally opened the lid and started drinking. It was half gone by the time we paid for everything. Talking about crazy cravings!

User Tag List