Worse if you don't eat in a while 18 94.74%
Worse right after you eat something 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just wondering, I have it in the morning, but I want to throw up right after I have eaten. I was diagnosed with a peptic and duodenal ulcer when I was 18 and sometimes I wonder if that is making my morning sickness is worse. B6 pills aren't working and zofran doesn't work all the time. The strange thing is the sensation in my stomach is the same as when my ulcers were active.

I am wondering if I could try something like zantac or pepcid instead.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#2 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM

My first pregnancy I had terrible morning sickness till about 29 weeks. It didn't matter if I ate or not.

This time I am noticing I feel better if I actually eat some crackers or bread in the morning. It is nowhere near as bad as last time luckily.

Jenn, single, wahm, to Kayla Rayne born 8-18-09 and Gunnar James who was born sleeping @ 39 weeks 1/12/2011
#3 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 AM

I definitely feel less queasy if I eat. If my stomach is empty for too long, I feel really yucky and dizzy.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
#4 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I *need* to eat, or I get to feeling so bad it makes me almost panicky. Of course, once I eat I start feeling uncomfortably full and short of breath, and that's no picnic, either. :/

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#5 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

See I just think it's so weird that I feel better when I don't eat. I woke up at 7 and all I have had today is some bread with a little peanut butter and it's been 3 hours and I feel better now with an empty stomach.

#6 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

I chose worse if I don't eat, but that's kind of misleading. I HAVE to eat because of all the meds I take, otherwise they and the morning sickness gang up on me and leave me prone on the bathroom floor.

That being said, I'm not really interested in food unless it's something I'm craving. If it's a craving then watch out! Nothing will get in the way of me getting my hands on whatever it is.
#7 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM

I need a choice for both. I'm sick if I don't eat and I'm sick when I do eat. Pretty much sucks all around.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#8 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel7628 View Post
I need a choice for both. I'm sick if I don't eat and I'm sick when I do eat. Pretty much sucks all around.

I do feel best in the morning though. By night time I almost feel like I have the flu.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#9 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymonster View Post
I am just wondering, I have it in the morning, but I want to throw up right after I have eaten. I was diagnosed with a peptic and duodenal ulcer when I was 18 and sometimes I wonder if that is making my morning sickness is worse. B6 pills aren't working and zofran doesn't work all the time. The strange thing is the sensation in my stomach is the same as when my ulcers were active.

I am wondering if I could try something like zantac or pepcid instead.
I am crashing, but just wanted to say yes! Try Zantac! I had the worst morning sickness (like throwing up 10 - 12 times per day) in my 1st and most of my 2nd trimester. It dropped off slightly in the 3rd, but I still had to throw up a few times/week. Zantac was the only thing that helped. It doesn't hurt the baby, and it might help you. My doctor told me she could write me a prescription for Zantac, or I could just take 2 OTC pills, vs the one recommended (I think it works out to 400mg, vs 200mg), and that it's the same thing as the prescription strength, only cheaper. Good luck, I hope you feel better!
#10 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Word. My condolences, mama. This is exactly how I feel.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#11 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't change my poll, I don't think

#12 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM

i vote for both. m/s with an empty stomach but i also feel really terrible after i eat dinner especially.

#13 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Nice to know I'm not alone in my misery! I wanted this baby so much, but this morning sickness is so de-motivating, I'm finding it hard to focus enough get anything done. Then, on the rare occasions when it subsides, I worry there's something going wrong with the pregnancy.... so I can't win! But I love you all for being here and sharing your stories... it is giving me courage and fortitude that I really need right now. Healthy sticky babies for everyone!!!
#14 of 14 Old 05-31-2010, 04:09 PM

I feel much better if I eat - but it has to be something very specific, it can't just be whatever is in the fridge. I'm at the mercy of my cravings while home all day with no car...really stinks....

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page