It's not looking so good...UPDATE: So far so good! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke up this morning and saw what I've been dreading... evidence of blood. It was only very transparent and brown. But now, a couple hours later, there's also pinkish-red mixed in with the brown, and some tiny bits of tissue or clotting. Not enough to need a pad or anything. No cramping. I'm 6w6d, and scheduled for my first u/s on Tuesday. Can anyone give me some hope?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2010, 01:21 PM

i'm so sorry. can you call your doctor or nurse line. maybe you should go in...at the very least for peace of mind.

i hope it turns out okay

hoping for a !
Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry.

I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm really sorry you're going through this. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM

I'm so sorry. I really hope it's nothing! I'll be thinking of you!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 06-05-2010, 02:48 PM

I am so sorry. The unknown is really scary, I would try and see if you can get in earlier. If you don't have back pain yet than that is a really good sign.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Did you have sex recently?

That can cause spotting. I spotted brown/pinkish on two different occasions. The first time I was in my 5th week and it lasted 24 hours. The second time was in my sixth week and it lasted about 12 hours.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM

sex (as was mentioned) a pelvic exam or even exercise/strain can cause spotting in early pregnancy. If you are worried, its worth calling in over... but unless it becomes more than spotting I wouldnt worry just yet.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:13 PM

First off

I agree with PPs that pelvic exams and sex can cause spotting, but I totally understand you being worried! I will keep you in my thoughts and will be sending super sticky thoughts your way mama!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Old 06-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
sex (as was mentioned) a pelvic exam or even exercise/strain can cause spotting in early pregnancy. If you are worried, its worth calling in over... but unless it becomes more than spotting I wouldnt worry just yet.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post
i'm so sorry. can you call your doctor or nurse line. maybe you should go in...at the very least for peace of mind.

i hope it turns out okay
Thank you so much for your kind words... since it's Saturday, I don't think I can be seen by my doctor until Monday (unless I go into the emergency room) and I don't think there's anything they can do to help me if I am miscarrying, so I think I'll just have to wait until Tuesday morning. My DH has already taken off the time from work to be with me for that appointment, and I really want him to be there with me, good news or not so good news.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
I am so sorry. The unknown is really scary, I would try and see if you can get in earlier. If you don't have back pain yet than that is a really good sign.
No back pain yet, this gives me some hope, thanks!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady View Post
Did you have sex recently?

That can cause spotting. I spotted brown/pinkish on two different occasions. The first time I was in my 5th week and it lasted 24 hours. The second time was in my sixth week and it lasted about 12 hours.
No sex, but I did have a pretty intense vomiting session last night (I've been feeling queasy for weeks, but finally couldn't hold it back last night). There wasn't much in my stomach to throw up, so I had some powerful dry heaves besides. I'm hoping maybe that's what triggered it. It's gone back to very light brown, so I'm feeling a bit more hopeful. Just taking it easy right now and really appreciating everyone's kind words and good thoughts!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:35 PM

I bled from weeks 6-12 with my DD, never red, never enough to fill a pad (but enough to get *onto* the pad, my normal pre-period spotting never is enough to spill onto a pad). I had a SCH, or subchorionic hemorrhage. A SCH is basically a little pocket of blood that forms next to the baby when it implants. They said 10% of normal pregnancies have them, and unless they are huge, they almost always do not hurt the baby. My spotting was almost always brown and pink, but did get a little red (not bright, more of a thin red discharge that looked more dark pink), and I did not have cramping, except for the normal pregnancy cramping, they almost always did not happen together.

The pregnancy turned out fine, she turned two yesterday.

I went to the ER when it got worse, it took them 5 hours to even acknowledge me, and 11 hours before they sent me home. Honestly, I was so annoyed with how they treated me and dismissed my fears. Unless I was filling a pad an hour, I would avoid the ER and only deal with my OB/Midwife. DO call and let them know you are bleeding though.

s Hoping this turns out well for you and it is just a SCH.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:20 PM

I hope everything turns out okay. I've had some very light brown then very light pink spotting as well. My ob office said it was pretty common and not to be to concerned. If it turned bright red then they advised me to go to the ER. Anyway I'm sending some sticky dust your way! Good Luck!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 AM

I am wishing you the best!

I had one night of light red bleeding in my fifth week. Nothing for a few days and then I started spotting brown. A week after the initial bleed I had a scan that showed all was ok. I have now been spotting brown (albeit very small amounts, I have only needed a panty liner once or twice since then) since then....maybe a day or two without. I don't go back to the doc until next Thursday, but I am hoping that I might be one of those people who can report spotting and a positive outcome.

The uncertainty is one of the hardest parts for me....

Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:37 PM

My thoughts are with you. Stay positive! With my DD's pregnancy I had some SERIOUS spotting when I was about 10 weeks along. Bright red on the undies, bright red dripping into the toilet, intermittently for about 24 hours. I was just terrified. I went to urgent care and sat around for a few hours, got some blood taken, got a Rhogam shot, got a quick ultrasound... They could find nothing wrong. But they told me to go home and expect a miscarriage. Needless to say, nothing WAS wrong. Baby stayed.

Sending peaceful sticky baby vibes your way.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

I know it's counterintuitive to tell you not to worry, but stressing out is the worst thing you could do right now. Try and find something to focus on - not a book and a movie because those will never hold your attention, but something more like a small craft project perhaps? Anything to keep your mind busy.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the very best. 's to you.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:43 PM

I hope everything turns out to be okay. I know it can be heartbreaking and depressing to lose a pregnancy even this early. Do you still have morning sickness, tiredness, other pregnancy symptoms? With my m/c I lost all those symptoms 2 days before it happened.

Sort-of-Crunchy muslim countrylivin WAH mom to DD July'08 and baby Jan'11
Old 06-06-2010, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments and support, it means so much to me, especially at a time like this.

Just to give you all an update, I continued to spot all day yesterday, sometimes very light brown, sometimes dark red, but never bright red and never very heavy. I've also had no cramps or back pain so far. Today I'm still spotting, fairly light and only brownish so far.

I'm encouraged by the stories some of you have shared, and I'm still hanging onto the hope that this pregnancy has a chance of continuing. Unless things get worse, I plan on calling my doctor first thing tomorrow morning, and hopefully keeping my appointment for Tuesday, at which time I will face whatever the reality of the situation is. Thanks for letting me know you're there and that you care.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahsMom08 View Post
I hope everything turns out to be okay. I know it can be heartbreaking and depressing to lose a pregnancy even this early. Do you still have morning sickness, tiredness, other pregnancy symptoms? With my m/c I lost all those symptoms 2 days before it happened.
Thanks for your note... I do still have all those lovely pregnancy symptoms, m/s, tender breasts, fatigue. I could barely eat or keep anything down yesterday. Feeling a little better this afternoon, since I broke down and let myself eat a cup'o'noodles (not exactly my idea of a nutritious meal, but it was the only thing that I could even imagine eating, so I figured at this point, something anything was better than nothing at all).
Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 PM

M0xxie- Im so sorry that you have to experience this, it is incredibly stressful, I know.

My last pregnancy at 9 weeks I woke up in a pool of blood (pretty graphic, sorry) I passed a clot on the bathroom floor and was in hysterics, we drove to the hospital at 5am and I was admitted and had to wait for my OBGYN to see me at 7am, when he walked in he said okay ill send you for a U/S at 8am and will book you in for a D&C this afternoon. He did say however that its a good sign I wasnt crampy.
I couldnt stop crying, it was just awful. Well we went to the U/S and saw our little jelly bean bouncing around happily with a beautiful strong heartbeat!! No explanation for the bleeding just an awful experience.
I was told it was a threatened miscarriage and I spotted until 13 weeks. Each spot though stressed me out completely.

I was still vomiting and at no time did I cramp with the bleeding. That jelly bean is now 3.5 years old!!

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and so nervous that I will go through that again.

Best of luck to you and I really hope its happy news.

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:10 AM

Good that you have no back pain. Keep us posted. Sending sticky vibes!

Sam 39 DH Dan 39 DS Enzo 2.2.07 Baby Uma EDD 1.25.11
hale
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 AM

sorry your going through this, sending lot's of extra sticky baby glue your way

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 AM

I just wanted to let you know that sometimes even bright red bleeding doesn't necessary means miscarriage. I bled like that when I was pregnant with my almost 4 year old son when I was 14 weeks. It came out of nowhere, it was a huge gush of blood and I thought I peed myself. I continued bleeding for the whole night. Went next day to check me out at the Ob office, my cervix was closed, strong baby heartbeat, the ultrasound didn't show anything bothersome. They even didn't prescribe me a bedrest. I was freaking out for about a week, but I couldn't do anything about it so I finally let it go.
I know how nerve racking is and I am saying it after I had one miscarriage last July, pregnant with a January baby again. NOw it's in the back of my mind at all times but what I decided to do is to save all this energy for when and if is needed. Try to distract yourself with things you like to do, relaxation helps, time with friends, walks... anything that will bring you a peace of mind. And I will pray for you and your family to have good news tomorrow at the exam.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning wonderful women of MDC... I am so grateful for your encouraging words and stories, and I am happy to report that the worst of the bleeding seems past, yesterday there was a steady decline and even this morning just mere traces of tan on my toilet paper. Still no unusual cramps or pains either, and still feeling very pregnant otherwise. I'm waiting until my doctor's office opens at 8am (pacific time) and then I will call and see what they have to say. As much as I'd like to go right in and find out what's going on in there, I also want to wait until tomorrow so DH will be there for added support. But your stories have given me much hope that all is well and continuing as it should, and that is what I am going to believe unless proven otherwise. I just can't stop saying thank you, I know I would be in much worse shape emotionally without your wisdom, experience, compassion and support -- you are all phenomenal!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope your appt is a reassurance!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM

I am so sorry for your stress! I have to admit that I was scared to read your post for a long time because I mc last time and I didn't want to hurt from that again. But I am glad that I did read it! I wish you the best and I am sending some sticky vibes your way!!! Please keep us updated!

Big Momma
Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Had a nice chat with the advice nurse, and she checked with the doctor, and we're all in agreement that the best course is to keep my scheduled appointment tomorrow morning. So, one more day of waiting... ah, the suspense! I'll keep updating this thread, and by this time tomorrow hopefully I will be back with good news...

User Tag List