what can you feel right now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i don't know .. i could be pregnant, (possibly 9wks) and if i am, I had a few symptoms but not any "for sure" symptoms that would really tell me I am .. what can you all feel right now in your lower abdomen? there's firmness all around, and then in the center, there's this small ball. either im pregnant .. orrrr it's something else . *sigh?* i dont knowwww lol
#2 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Have you taken a pee test? That's fairly definitive, my doctor doesn't even make you come in for a blood test confirmation if you've got a positive pee test, they're that good. If you think you're pregnant, you need to confirm, and get your prenatal care started, make sure you're taking the right vitamins, etc., and avoiding any behaviors that may have a negative effect on the fetus (smoking, drinking, excess caffeine, etc., etc., etc.).

If something feels different in your abdomen, you need to get that checked out regardless of whether it's a pregnancy or not... could be an ovarian cyst or any number of other things.

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted please!
#3 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 PM

By 9 weeks I was feeling nauseated and really hungry, but not everyone feels like that.
I agree, get a pee test. You can get them at the dollar store if $ is an issue. Or go to a free testing clinic.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#4 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

okie im gonna grab me a p.t. and will post back soon
#5 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 PM

By 9 weeks, you could have TOO much HCG in your urine for some tests.... if you think that is the case, you can dilute your pee with tap water and try again with another test.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#6 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
By 9 weeks, you could have TOO much HCG in your urine for some tests.... if you think that is the case, you can dilute your pee with tap water and try again with another test.

DDCC to say I have never, ever heard this.. a urine test does NOT detect HOW MUCH hcg is in your system but rather if you have it in your system. So I can not see how at any point you would have too much hcg in your urine to register on a test.

If you are indeed 9 weeks along you will pop positive definitely on a pregnancy test.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#7 of 16 Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 PM

i dont have any lol.. except nausea when i dont eat frequently enough and my breasts have for sure gotten significantly larger but otherwise i would never know.

It is true about fluctuating hcg, later in pregnancy it isnt as high as far as i can remember.. at 9wks, yes you should get a positive.

Ashley, mom to Elliott (5) & Ethan (4) & FinalE due 1-25-11
#8 of 16 Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 AM

The only thing that having tons of hcg in you system will do is leave very little dye for the control strip. I took one at 7 weeks (with twins) and it looked like the super faint almost too early to tell tests of 11dpo, except the lined were reversed!!!! It was crazy!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#9 of 16 Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Lol!
#10 of 16 Old 06-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
DDCC to say I have never, ever heard this.. a urine test does NOT detect HOW MUCH hcg is in your system but rather if you have it in your system. So I can not see how at any point you would have too much hcg in your urine to register on a test.

If you are indeed 9 weeks along you will pop positive definitely on a pregnancy test.
I could not find the specific thread, but I thought it was in "I'm pregnant", however I cannot find it, I MAY have read it at TCOYF, but this was not the first time seeing this exact same story. The OP in that thread was 12 weeks or so pregnant, pregnancy confirmed, found a leftover IC and took it, stark white. Other posters chime in to say they did the same thing, got u/s to confirm they were still pregnant. One person explained that when you are farther along the HCG is too high it invalidates the test and the test reads negative. Once they diluted their urine in a 1:1 ratio, the HPT was beautiful dark. POAS.com also used diluted very pregnant urine for some of her HPT showdowns. A google search came up with this about a specific tests OBs offices can order "9. In cases where very high levels of hCG are present (>500,000 mlU/ml) a false negative result can occur due to a prozone effect. If pregnancy is still suspected, simply dilute the specimen 1:1 with confirmed negative hCG serum or urine and retest."

Anyways, not meaning to steal the thread.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#11 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

welll im a bit baffled right now .. i took three, but excluding the first one i took (because I was supposed to use it right away after taking it out the wrapper) i got one negative, and the last one i took this morning i had a faint positive. and when i say faint .. i mean its verrry faint. if this is true, that mean i have only a little hcg in my system .. meaning im not as far along as i thought and this bump below is something else, and i must have gotten pregnant from the last time i had sex which was on the 22nd of may. *out of breath* lol
#12 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi.b View Post
welll im a bit baffled right now .. i took three, but excluding the first one i took (because I was supposed to use it right away after taking it out the wrapper) i got one negative, and the last one i took this morning i had a faint positive. and when i say faint .. i mean its verrry faint. if this is true, that mean i have only a little hcg in my system .. meaning im not as far along as i thought and this bump below is something else, and i must have gotten pregnant from the last time i had sex which was on the 22nd of may. *out of breath* lol
I would definitely make an appointment with your OB or MW and maybe they can do a blood test for more accuracy. You could also go for an early ultrasound for dating. I was unsure of my LMP so my MW sent me for an early U/S and I turned out to be only 8 weeks when I thought I was almost 10 weeks.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#13 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM

It was my understanding that in later pregnancy when the placenta has taken over fully that the need for the signal to your CL that HCG provides is not needed and so the levels drop finally, I don't think women in their third trimester will test positive anymore.

I could be wrong about all that but I thought I had read it in a few places.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#14 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Of course there are also ladies that can never really get a positive test and only confirm a pregnancy with and U/S

#15 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

hmm .. lol (third strip/from fortune cookies a couple days before p.t.)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/...020820d65f.jpg
#16 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 05:50 PM

I took my first pregnancy test with dd at about 15 weeks, just to have the test, and it looked exactly like my tests now.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page