2nd Trimester Train!! Come Aboard!! - Mothering Forums
1 2  3 
January 2011 > 2nd Trimester Train!! Come Aboard!!
baglady's Avatar baglady 02:13 PM 06-26-2010
Since I'm due January 1st I now I'm one of the first to make it to the milestone. I thought it would be fun to have a place to celebrate the achievement!!

(I consider 13 weeks 2nd trimester.)

paintedfire 02:53 PM 06-26-2010
I'll be here tomorrow. I can't wait.

I know that Heather is already here as she tends to bake her babies a little bit longer than 40 weeks, but you're right - we'll be among the first. Adallae is my DD buddy, so tomorrow is her day, too.
m0xxie's Avatar m0xxie 04:34 PM 06-26-2010
Still more than three weeks away... sigh.
paintedfire 05:48 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0xxie View Post
Still more than three weeks away... sigh.
If it's any consolation, the last three weeks have passed really quickly for me.
c'est moi's Avatar c'est moi 06:15 PM 06-26-2010
i. am. SO. jealous.
m0xxie's Avatar m0xxie 06:49 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
If it's any consolation, the last three weeks have passed really quickly for me.
It is! I remember being jealous when you posted you had hit the 10 week mark, and now tomorrow I will be there! 10 weeks is 25% of a 40 week pregnancy... never made it this far before. If the morning sickness would just ease up, I could actually start getting excited about this.
paintedfire 07:41 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
It is! I remember being jealous when you posted you had hit the 10 week mark, and now tomorrow I will be there! 10 weeks is 25% of a 40 week pregnancy... never made it this far before. If the morning sickness would just ease up, I could actually start getting excited about this.
Good.

I know what you mean - we'd been trying for nearly a year and just as I started to get desperate - two pink lines! I keep reminding myself that I'm almost 1/3 of the way there. It's crazy. I'm so excited to meet this little one.
baglady's Avatar baglady 07:59 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
For me things really start to move much more quickly after 10 weeks. It must be something about the double digits.
baglady's Avatar baglady 08:01 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post
i. am. SO. jealous.
That's okay. When I'm miserable in the 3rd trimester and you're still happily in the 2nd, it will be my turn to be jealous!
paintedfire 08:09 PM 06-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post
i. am. SO. jealous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady View Post
That's okay. When I'm miserable in the 3rd trimester and you're still happily in the 2nd, it will be my turn to be jealous!

That'll be right when it starts getting colder around here. When I can't keep my belly warm and covered you'll still have a sex drive.
cmnewbs's Avatar cmnewbs 09:40 PM 06-26-2010
Wahoo!!This is going sooo fast!!
mamas2atti's Avatar mamas2atti 11:06 PM 06-26-2010
1 week and 4 days until 13 weeks for me, but I consider 12 weeks the end of the first, 13-28 the second, and 29-42 the third. Just because the first is always so damn miserable.
MommytoHHH's Avatar MommytoHHH 11:49 PM 06-26-2010
I'm here today also!! Hooray for January mamas starting the second trimester!
paintedfire 01:54 AM 06-27-2010
And . . . the train just pulled into my station!

I'm so excited. Can you tell?
baglady's Avatar baglady 01:28 PM 06-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedfire View Post
And . . . the train just pulled into my station!

I'm so excited. Can you tell?
Yipee!!
scrappin-mama's Avatar scrappin-mama 04:52 PM 06-27-2010
Still a couple more weeks for me. I'm so excited for you guys though!
paintedfire 07:03 PM 06-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady View Post
Yipee!!
Thank you! I'll meet you in the dining car, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappin-mama View Post
Still a couple more weeks for me. I'm so excited for you guys though!
Thanks. I'll be here to cheer for you when it comes around.
SumnerRain's Avatar SumnerRain 01:30 AM 06-28-2010
WooWoo!!!! Welcome aboard!!
baglady's Avatar baglady 02:11 AM 06-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoHHH View Post
I'm here today also!! Hooray for January mamas starting the second trimester!
Welcome Aboard!!
rumi79's Avatar rumi79 09:22 AM 06-28-2010
I'm joining you here today. It was a nerve racking first trimester. I hope the last months of this pregnancy bring me peace and confidence that everything will be fine.
baglady's Avatar baglady 12:28 PM 06-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumi79 View Post
I'm joining you here today. It was a nerve racking first trimester. I hope the last months of this pregnancy bring me peace and confidence that everything will be fine.
me too!!
kythryne's Avatar kythryne 08:39 PM 06-28-2010
I'm going to jump on board too, even though I don't hit 13 weeks until tomorrow. I was originally told 12w1d was the start of the second trimester, and for the purposes of medication management (I have severe fibromyalgia) 12 weeks is a critical point.

...that, and I started feeling the legendary second trimester energy burst yesterday. I've been cooking, cleaning, and working non-stop for two days now. It's a little scary how much I'm getting done all of a sudden, after three months of dragging myself around and getting further and further behind every day. The nausea is pretty much gone too (although I've still got some odd food aversions) so I'm starting to think this pregnancy thing isn't so bad after all.

So maybe I'm technically still in the first trimester, but whatever - I feel better!
baglady's Avatar baglady 10:38 PM 06-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kythryne View Post
I'm going to jump on board too, even though I don't hit 13 weeks until tomorrow. I was originally told 12w1d was the start of the second trimester, and for the purposes of medication management (I have severe fibromyalgia) 12 weeks is a critical point.

...that, and I started feeling the legendary second trimester energy burst yesterday. I've been cooking, cleaning, and working non-stop for two days now. It's a little scary how much I'm getting done all of a sudden, after three months of dragging myself around and getting further and further behind every day. The nausea is pretty much gone too (although I've still got some odd food aversions) so I'm starting to think this pregnancy thing isn't so bad after all.

So maybe I'm technically still in the first trimester, but whatever - I feel better!

Isn't it wonderful to feel human again!
closedaccount15 02:04 PM 07-05-2010
I am 13 weeks today - woohoo!

And today - not much morning sickness. I even attempted orange juice for breakfast with no problem. I hope it's getting better. I was fine last monday and then got really sick again.
macandcheese's Avatar macandcheese 02:39 PM 07-05-2010
Me too, Lillymonster—13 weeks today!

(Well, I'm going by a rough guess at my LMP date ... neither DH or I can quite remember when it was, but we know the ballpark. )
paintedfire 03:28 PM 07-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymonster View Post
I am 13 weeks today - woohoo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macandcheese View Post
Congrats to both of you!
Beverly's Avatar Beverly 03:38 PM 07-05-2010
And here I am in the 2nd trimester (I go by the 13w3d calculation, and I reached it today)! It's great to join you ladies!
closedaccount15 05:00 PM 07-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by macandcheese View Post

(Well, I'm going by a rough guess at my LMP date ... neither DH or I can quite remember when it was, but we know the ballpark. )
If I go by LMP 13 weeks is today, if I go by when I o, and when I know we had sex, and I know when it implanted (I felt like poop that day - exactly 7 days later) I am 13 weeks and 3 days. For some reason my EDD is sooner if I go by o date. Most place estimate I ovulated on the 19th, but it was over by then.

So either way I am in the 2nd trimester. And I hope it means the morning sickness and food aversions end.
baglady's Avatar baglady 06:02 PM 07-05-2010
Welcome everyone!!
mamas2atti's Avatar mamas2atti 06:43 PM 07-05-2010
Still lying around here waiting for the "golden time" of the second trimester to happen. I'm 12w5d and still nauseous and exhausted. Hoping I magically wake up later this week and feel glorious.

Congrats to all the early January moms who have made it already!!!!
1 2  3 

Up