Gender predictions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have recently become about 99.9% certain that this baby is a boy. DH disagrees. I keep telling him that it's just because he wants a little girl, but he's insistent.

What are you guys/your SO's/your kids thinking?

ETA: We have no real preference. Boy or girl we're already head-over-heels in love with this baby. This is more a quirk of our relationship - everything is a competition, a bet - and there's fifty bucks riding on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 11:16 AM

I have zero feeling either way. I have never had any intuition about gender. With DS and DD one mintue I would think girl the next boy but was never convinced either way! My DH is the same way. When someone asks us what we think "it" is our standard answer is it's not a puppy!

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM

Well, I was thinking a girl, but Doc told me a boy already. I guess we will find out in another 8 weeks who is right.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 PM

I think boy I was right with DD. Big Daddy thinks girl bc he had 3 of them and mine and he is sure he doesn't make boys.

Big Momma
Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 PM

Other than the first time, I have never had any strong feeling either way in any of my pregnancies. This one I'm kind of feeling is a girl, but that's probably (hopefully!) because three of my four are girls! We'd really love to have a little boy this time around, but we'll be waiting 'til the big day to find out.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM

I think it's a girl, but we're not finding out the gender so it'll be a long wait. My intuition was right with DS, fwiw. Honestly, we'd be thrilled with either!

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

I think this one is a boy, but dh and all three boys think it is a girl. Of course, I'm 0 for 3 so far.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM

I have a feeling we're having another girl. DH has no idea and doesn't even want to guess or think about it yet! With DD we had the OB tell us early on that it was a boy then at the 20-week u/s they told us it was a girl. It was quite an emotional roller coaster so he doesn't even want to talk about it yet.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
Old 06-30-2010, 01:29 PM

Peoples original predictions are listed on the roster and can be updated at any time by the way. As folk start finding out next month, please post updates thare and I will change guesses or lack there of to confirmed info.

As for me it's so strange that I ha e no opinion either way either on wants or guesses. Now that I'm having two, I guess I do have have a preference to have one of each, but only i slight preference, there is benefits of either.
These will be my only two children.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Yeah we are starting to get a mini rush in boy info, but if you read and look at pictures of development right at this stage you can see how most of them look like a boy kinda. When I get my NT scan in two weeks I'm going to tell the doc to keep his guesses to himself, I would rather not be on that roller coaster. I'll find out at 20 weeks when it is way more likely to be accurate.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a strong boy feeling with DS. In fact, I wanted a boy so badly, I cried after his 20 week ultrasound when we couldn't tell the sex.

This time, I am kinda wanting a girl, but not the same feeling as with DS.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM

I have no gender preference, yet I keep feeling like it's a girl.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM

No clue. Want a girl since we have boy, but would love another healthy boy. For some reason my intuition says twins...prob b/c I have felt movement since around 9 weeks. Hubby thinks I'm crazy. Guess we will know the twin thing or not in one week w/ 1st us at 12 weeks though.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
With my son, I had a niggling feeling that he was a he. Hubby kept saying "it's going to be a girl" because he really wanted a son so he was preparing for the opposite.

This time, we are hoping for a girl but will be very happy with a healthy baby of either gender. I had a teeny feeling that it is a girl once. We're not decided on whether to find out the gender or not.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM

I've been thinking boy lately. But I've been wrong before.

Anna thinks it's a girl, because her BFF has three boys in his family, and apparently we're doing some sort of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers thing.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM

I think girl, but time to time I feel it's a boy, daddy refuses to answer. Brother 1 says girl, brother 2 says boy, brother 3 says girl and sister is too little to answer.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM

I had a strong feeling that this one is a girl up until last week when we heard the heartbeat, and suddenly I realized it might be a boy. Right now I'm not sure what I think! I waiting to dream about this baby, since all of my dreams during my pregnancy with DD were of a girl, even though I thought she was a boy for much of the pregnancy. But I assumed she was a girl at the beginning, so maybe this one is a girl... And the Chinese birth calendar predicted DD accurately, and says this one is a girl... I can't decide whether I want a boy or a girl, actually, so I think we're good to go either way.

I guess we'll find out in January!

DD 7/07 DS 1/11

Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 PM

DDCC (but I know YOU wont complain lol)

I was convinced boy. 100% KNEW boy. Didn't particularly want a boy, I didn't actually care about if it was boy or girl at all... just KNEW it was a boy.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the three lines on the ultrasound. I knew before she told me... GIRL.

Second ultrasound where we got to see gender (third ultrasound in all... and first one DH got to go to) http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6025061_n.jpg still very much girl! (if you cant tell... thats sort of like she has her legs spread open looking up from under her butt and right above where it says girl you can see her labia!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Can I just say how cool it is to hear what everyone is thinking in such a . . . mass response? I think the "Olive Juice" thread from before was right - we are a particularily chatty and loved-up bunch, aren't we?

In other news, my Dad wants the baby to be a girl, my Mom thinks that it's a boy, both my brothers want a boy, and I was told my DH's grandpa that it better be a girl or I'm "in a lot of trouble, missy." When I reminded him that it's his grandson that decides that, he suddenly had to go. Ten minutes later I get a call from DH that his grandfather just got done threatening his life if the baby isn't a girl. I love that old codger.

(Please note that I didn't ask for predictions from any of the above - they were all offered spontaneously. )

Oh, and Mae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
DDCC (but I know YOU wont complain lol)
Feel free to crash my conversations anytime, honey.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Don't know if this means anything but this pregnancy is totally different than my first. I am way more nauseous this time. I had zero nausea with my son. Soooooo...I am thinking and hoping girl. Of course I will be happy either way. We aren't finding out so guess we'll just have to wait. Anyone else have different symptoms in pregnancy with different genders?

Sam 39 DH Dan 39 DS Enzo 2.2.07 Baby Uma EDD 1.25.11
hale
Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminvero View Post
Don't know if this means anything but this pregnancy is totally different than my first. I am way more nauseous this time. I had zero nausea with my son. Soooooo...I am thinking and hoping girl. Of course I will be happy either way. We aren't finding out so guess we'll just have to wait. Anyone else have different symptoms in pregnancy with different genders?
First pregnancy I was mostly tired and barely nauseous. Second I was not nauseous at all and barely tired. Third I was nauseous all but 6 weeks and exhausted. All three are boys.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 AM

I knew 100% without a doubt that my DS was going to be a boy. I had a ton of dreams before I was pregnant and then just a really strong boy feeling.
This time, early on, I got a sudden moment of "this is a girl" and then not much else since then. I'm not as certain as I was before but I saw somewhere that when mother's have a feeling one way or the other they were right about 75% of the time. We're awesome.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Anyone else have different symptoms in pregnancy with different genders?
Two different pregnancies, but both girls.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Anyone else have different symptoms in pregnancy with different genders?
My mom had no morning sickness with me or my brother. She had it really bad with my sisters (twins) and then was just really tired with my other sister.

Still when I said my morning sickness wasn't as bad this time (as in not lasting as long, shorter in duration but much worse than last time) she was convinced it was a boy.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM

I have no feelings yet. With DS, I was pretty certain he was boy (we didn't find out). With DD, I had girl feelings but nothing too certain and we did find out at our 20 week ultrasound. This one, my morning sickness has been less than with either of them but I am more tired (although that may be because I'm chasing 2 other kids around and I'm 4 years older than my last pregnancy!).

Anyway, neither DH nor I have feelings one way or the other yet. Both kids want a brother though.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
yes, but also different with same gender. and same with different gender.

morning sickness was worst with DS and DD2 (baby cooking)
cravings were meat and spicy with DS and DD2
fatigue was worse with DD1 and DD2
only one I got SPD with was DD2
I got a way earlier bfp with DD1 than with DS or DD2 (even trying with DD2 still didnt get bfp until a WEEK later than I did with DD1!)

Dreamed very early on several times of a blonde haired little boy with all three pregnancies. Yet to have HIM. This one I am really hoping is a blonde haired little girl (I know shes a girl, just hoping for the blonde... I have nearly black hair but DH was born with white-blonde hair... and my mother and two of my siblings were blonde, including the one sibling who shares both parents with me.)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm thinking a girl. This pregnancy has FELT different...and I had a dream I had a little girl. I dreamed of a boy with DS.

We shall see!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I knew it was a boy the first time around, never a doubt about it. I kept dreaming of bugs and that just screamed boy to me. This time I have a feeling it's a girl, although I think it makes more sense if we have another boy.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM

My partner, my midwife and I are all feeling a boy kind of vibe. A boy would be perfect- I'd have two of each

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM

have you looked at the Chinese gender prediction chart?
Everyone I know seems to work out correctly in there, as bazaar as it sounds, including my daughter. I don't put too much weight in there, but it's kind of fun to look at.
We are toying with the idea of Not finding out...but. I don't want to and everybody else does.

User Tag List