Anyone still losing/not gaining any weight yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 11 weeks pregnant w/ twins and I'm still below my prepregnancy weight. I'm not throwing up anymore, but I am nauseated all.the.time.

I make myself eat every couple of hours, but I cannot eat any meat or large amounts of food because it makes me feel bad for hours afterwards.

I have no appetite.

With my first child, I only gained 7 lbs due to similar issues(nausea never went away), but this time I am determined to eat better and gain more weight!!!
#2 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM

me! im about 13 weeks and still havent gained. im still 4 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. with my first, i gained the weight quickly in the beginning and then it slowed down. but i had cravings with that pregnancy. i feel like i have aversions to everything with this one. and when i do eat, it either comes back up half the time or doesnt digest. but with all this said, i feel like im already showing!!

#3 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 10:25 AM

I have not - I am 12 weeks, and lost 2 pounds since I was at the ob at 8 weeks. They are a little concerned because I really don't have any to spare. My weight now is considered underweight for my height, without being pregnant.

I can keep food down, but I have no interest in eating that much. I also cut out all of my old drinks and now drink only water, which I am sure contributed. I eat little amounts all day, I can't eat a lot at a time.

Last time I was pregnant I felt better when I ate, so I had gained 10 pounds by now. The midwife suggested papaya extract to help this time.

Otherwise the baby is growing in measuring big, so everything is okay there.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#4 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Yep. I'm fourteen weeks tomorrow and am still below my pre-pregnancy weight. I have hyperthyroidism, so gaining weight is an issue to begin with. I was lower than I like to be when I got pregnant and I've had several health issues since which - in addition to morning sickness - caused me to lose even more weight.

I gained four pounds, but have since lost all of them - plus another. The last time I was weighed (umm . . . a week ago?) I was at 92 pounds. Boo!

I flew into my hometown yesterday and so far I've seen my Mom, my Dad, one of my brothers, and a few others - the first thing they all want to do is touch my belly. There's nothing there, people! Move along.
#5 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm 10 weeks and I haven't gained any either, in fact have lost about 6 or 7 lbs from pre-PG weight. I was still losing weight from PG #1 though so I'm kind of glad I haven't started gaining this earlier. With DD I gained 50 lbs, ugh, that's a lot when youstarted off 5' 4" and 120 lbs. Its been a struggle to get it off and I was down almost 30 lbs when I found out I was PG again.

I've been eating but trying to not eat soooo much crappy food even though I crave it a lot. I also haven't been able to eat a lot because I get full so fast and then feel horrible for hours on end.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#6 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm 10 weeks and down 2 lbs. Of course, I have a lot of "extra." Plus, I'm barely eating.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#7 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 07:04 PM

im in the same boat.. only i have one bean in there i havnt gained any weight yet either. With my second son I didnt gain my first official pound until after 15wks and even then I packed on the most during the final trimester. Im with you in feeling yucky all the time. I have some "Extra" weight I could afford to lose but since Im pregnant Ill let it stick around. I did lose a couple pounds during the first 8wks but now im steady. I wouldnt be to concerned unless your purposely not eating to avoid gaining weight.

I get stomach aches because I need to eat and them i feel like im gonna yack after I eat for several hours.. soo annoying!

Ashley, mom to Elliott (5) & Ethan (4) & FinalE due 1-25-11
#8 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm 12 weeks now and have lost 10 pounds total. I haven't gained any back. I probably won't until I'm closer to 20 weeks which is what happened with DS. I didn't have any to spare, but I'm not too concerned. DS was super healthy so I know it'll turn out ok with this one too.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#9 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 11:07 PM

I've lost about 24 pounds so far (coming up on 11 weeks) due to the misery of my relentless nausea and a panopoly of food aversions and zero appetite. Doctor is not worried because I'm carrying lots of extra weight to begin with. I feel it's the silver lining in the dark cloud of being almost constantly sea sick. But it's weird... the last thing I expected pregnancy to be is a weight-loss aid!
#10 of 19 Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 PM

Well, as of two weeks ago, at 11w3d, I hadn't gained anything. I'm tiny to begin with, and I was nauseated for weeks. BUT... I NEVER gained during my first trimester with my other two pregnancies, and I gained 30lb total with each one. I checked today... I gained 3 or 4lb. So I've officially started. It's just how I am. With my other two, around 5 months, I gain 8-10lb in a month's time. Then I'm pretty average. My midwife wasn't worried, and wasn't last time, and my OB wasn't worried first time around.

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#11 of 19 Old 07-04-2010, 01:24 PM

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I haven't gained anything yet. In fact, I think I've lost a couple of pounds due to the lack of beer drinking :P

I also don't have much of an appetite lately, I think due to the combination of the hot weather and the general lack of room in my stomach. I'm not showing yet, but everything feels a little more squished in my abdominal area. After like, ten bites of food I feel stuffed.

#12 of 19 Old 07-04-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm 11 weeks today and 10 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost 15 pounds between weeks 4 and 8 or so because I had a very serious colitis flare. I had to go on prednisone to control it - something I've never had to do before. I've been on the prednisone for almost a month now and I'm finally getting my appetite back, I'm not sure if it's a side effect of the prednisone or just because I'm pregnant! In the past week or so I've actually put on almost 5 pounds (which is good because I was only 7 or 8 pounds away from being underweight according to BMI).

And the nausea seems to be finally letting up. I didn't have any vomiting, just nausea and serious food aversions. Now I just want to eat everything!
#13 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 10:20 AM

I am 10-11 weeks pregnant and have definitely lost a few pounds due to my annoying morning sickness. And now that insurance has refused to pay for more Zofran until July 21st, we will see what I can stomach!

Calm stomach vibes to anyone with morning sickness. It sucks big time.
#14 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm at 14.5 weeks, and haven't gained anything either- haven't lost anything, just maintained my weight exactly. Strangely enough, I also didn't have any morning sickness- haven't thrown up once. I figure I must've just had a few pounds to spare, and I'll start gaining pretty soon. The belly is definitely growing, though!

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#15 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM

We didn't own a scale prior to me getting knocked up, so I don't really know what my pre-pregnancy weight was. But since we bought the scale two weeks ago, I have been holding steady at the same weight - some days a 1/2 pound above, somedays a 1/2 pound below. I think that might be a pound or two up from pre-pregnancy, just because a lot of my clothes are getting snugger, but not much more than that (my clothes still fit), and that's just a guess.
#16 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM

I lost about 8 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight when I was throwing up nonstop, over the course of 2 to 3 weeks. Gained it all back in the last week now that I'm eating and keeping it. I'm probably at pre pg weight now, at 10 weeks. And I have a very obvious belly bulge.
#17 of 19 Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM

I was actually REALLY excited at my appointment Tuesday because I found out I've only lost 3 lbs. With DS I didn't start gaining until 20 weeks. I lost at least 15 lbs with him but I had hyperemesis. This time I've only thrown up once so far (KNOCK ON WOOD) and that was Tuesday night. I've been flat-on-the-couch nauseous many days though. I've been on Zofran since 2 days after I found out-last time they wouldn't let me have it until after my first IV, my second came when I was already on it. If I make it through this week and next I *should* start to feel a bit better since 11 and 12 were my worst with DS.

Ashley-wife of a grad student. Homeschooling, CDing, knitting mommy of Monkey 4/08 and Kangaroo 1/11 with 3 angels waiting in heaven
Hyena cart WAH mama!

#18 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm finally starting to eat more so hopefully they scale will go up soon.
#19 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 PM

I will be 13 weeks on Friday and have been staying right at my pre-pregnancy weight. I am heavier to begin with, so I am not concerned and neither is my dr. I only gained 12 pounds while pregnant with DS and delivered a wonderfully, healthy 8 pound baby.

Mommy to DS 8/2007 and DS 1/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page