Wish I had movement already - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I felt some flutters at 9 weeks for a week or so. Since then nothing. I'm 18 weeks today. I'm not concerned, just ready to have movements. I know I ws late feeling DS, I just assumed I'd be feeling #2 already. Any other mom's waiting on movement...?

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#2 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM

I was 21 weeks yesterday and today is really the first day that I am feeling any real movement. I would feel the odd tweak before this but it was very sporadic - I would sometime go days without feeling anything.

Do you know where you placenta is situated? Mine is anterior which is apparently why a lot of his movement is muted. Today though I think he is hiccuping which is why I'm feeling so much lol.

Kelly (35), married to DH and living happily with DD (8), DS (6), DS (3) and introducing brand new baby James b. 1/5/11, always remembering ~Joseph~ b/d March 10, 2001. 
#3 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm worried too. I felt sure, sure sure, that I was feeling movement a few weeks ago, but for that last week or so -- nada. I don't know if it's normal.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#4 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Me, me! I'm 18w5d and still not feeling anything. I thought I was feeling something over the weekend, different than anything I've felt before, but I'm not certain that it was movement and I haven't felt it since.

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#5 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know where my placenta is placed. I have a lot more pains in stomach than last time. I took a walk, dragging 2 toddlers in wagon. Even before that, I was feeling slight pain in bottom right part of tummy. Guess I can ask when we go for us in 2 weeks. I don't think I had movement until 22 weeks last time.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#6 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 01:40 PM

I had the same thing, I felt movement at about 9 weeks and woudl feel it almost every night in bed for a few weeks. Now I am going on 17 weeks and don't feel anything. I was getting a bit worried but I just went to my MW yesterday and heard the heartbeat so now my mind is at ease

She said the baby may have just gotten in a comfy position where I can't feel movement. They are still so tiny that movement is hard to feel anyway and if they aren't in just the right position you probably won't feel it. She did say that this baby is REALLY low, she had to press on my pelvic bone ot find th heartbeat. So I wonder if that has any affect on me not feeling movements?

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#7 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 PM

I was getting worried too with this pregnancy and I am going on 20 weeks this Thursday. Today is the first day that I can actually feel continuous movement. If I didn't have any by my ultrasound I was going to be a bit extreme and call my provider. (is that crazy?)

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

#8 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 02:55 PM

I want to be feeling kicks and squiggles so bad!!! At seventeen weeks, I'm getting the very sporadic, never constant, hard to tell precisely what's going on twitch or two. I am a UP/UCer, so it's all really intuition based for me... I kinda want to worry, but know that's not gonna get me anywhere. With my first pregnancy(from a different relationship) I felt movement at 15 wks and he squirmed and squiggled and kicked non-stop until he was born. I think my husband just makes mellow babies... My daughter's pregnancy(also UP) I didn't feel an awful lot very often. And I didn't feel movement until later than usual, though I can't remember at what week. She would roll ever, stretch... and then seem to sleep for three days. *haha* So I am not really worrying... Just wishing little dude/dudette were a little more interactive. Maybe babe's just resting up to be a wild thing like big sister.
#9 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM

First pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel anything until 23 weeks. This time I didn't feel anything until 19.5 weeks, and even then it was just little flutters like a fish brushing past you.

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page