Feeling huge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm feeling like I am huge (all baby) but obviously not. :P I mentioned something about the new baby to two women at preschool pickup this morning and both were surprised to hear I was pregnant. Even more surprised to hear I was 21 weeks! I know it definitely depends on the shirt I wear, I was wearing a basic t-shirt today, but normal clothes (even most shirts) don't fit me anymore. I also feel like I'm waddling-my hips are are already spreading. Just my amusement for the day.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 02:20 AM

I'm always scared for people to ask how far along I am because I feel so big! The third pregnancy sure is different fromt he first!

Sarah: Soon to be Mama to three! Tess(3) Lucy (19mo) and a new little light ready to brighten the world Jan 2011
#3 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 04:16 AM

I have been feeling huge lately too! I keep thinking "wow 16 more weeks?"

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#4 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm in the same boat. Probably most people can't tell at 20 weeks but I am waddling!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#5 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 12:56 PM

Me too! I went to visit a friend who had just delivered her baby and the nurse asked how far along I was. I replied 20 weeks (a couple weeks ago) and she said "oh...really?" It does definitely depend on the clothes you are wearing. I was wearing a full on maternity shirt and skirt, so I obviously looked huge.

Mommy to DS 8/2007 and DS 1/2011
#6 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 01:02 PM

I definitely think my hips are spreading. In fact, I had been noticing it for several days without mentioning anything, and then DH brought it up on his own. I didn't realize this would happen so early. Oh well—if they get good and open so baby pops right out, that's okay in my book ;o)

#7 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 01:24 PM

I am huge no, really...I am the same size as women in my neighborhood both two months ahead of me.
With my first, I was often asked if I was counting the days yet...and I still had three or four months to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#8 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSarah View Post
The third pregnancy sure is different fromt he first!

I feel huge but I know that I don't look like it. The part that looks really pregnant is just the stomach and intestines being pushed up.

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#9 of 23 Old 09-14-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusthrow View Post

I feel huge but I know that I don't look like it. The part that looks really pregnant is just the stomach and intestines being pushed up.
Especially when you are short-waisted to begin with!

#10 of 23 Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 PM

yeah, I feel huge.
But it's only people who actually KNOW me who think I look "big" for me. It's quite flattering to have the barista and a friend of mine in line at the cafe declare that "she's Teeeeensy!" and "adorable." Good for the ego. But I feel like a boat. I'm 24 weeks and already living in yoga pants.
Oh well....this time is short and I am totally enjoying drinking hot chocolate every single day with whipped cream. Keep up the good work, baby!
#11 of 23 Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:

yup - that's the case for me.

although we don't have any full-length mirrors in our home, and when I went to Target today and tried on some maternity clothes, I was still kinda shocked. I mean, I look like a pregnant lady!! what the heck is up with that????
#12 of 23 Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM

I AM huge. And feeling it. It's to the point where I'm getting the 'not much longer' comments, and 'twins?' question. I've gained 16 pounds at 21 weeks. And that's not counting the 8 I lost in the beginning, and regained with Zofran's help. Finally went maternity shopping and am so very pleased to be more comfortable in my clothes! Now I can try to save those foldover elastic waist non-mat. pants for After the baby comes. I was straining the seams on the a**, which seems to be pregnant, too.
#13 of 23 Old 09-17-2010, 01:05 PM

I am hugemongous too. I have gained ... I kid you not ... 27 lbs at 22 weeks. I am on track to hit my mom's gain of 60 lbs with her last kid. And I don't eat junk! I eat healthy foods! And I exercise 3-4 times per week!

People also tell me that they didn't know I was pregnant. But that is because my maternity uniform is a big smock jacket, so you can't really see my body shape at all. When I wear regular maternity clothes, I look like I am 38 weeks.

ETA: my DH seems MORE turned on by me now though than normal. Granny panties and all.

Ha!
#14 of 23 Old 09-17-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post
I am hugemongous too. I have gained ... I kid you not ... 27 lbs at 22 weeks. I am on track to hit my mom's gain of 60 lbs with her last kid. And I don't eat junk! I eat healthy foods! And I exercise 3-4 times per week!

Ha!
I have a friend who puts on ~60lbs with each pregnancy. With her first, she started out at a size 10 and a year after she was down to a size 2 with nursing. She eats fairly healthy and has just decided her body needs to put on weight for a baby. I think that if you are eating healthy, then weight gain shouldn't matter. Now, if you are eating 10 moon pies every day, weight gain might become more of an issue.

#15 of 23 Old 09-17-2010, 10:20 PM

I feel huge but can still wear my regular clothing and most people don't even know that I'm pregnant. They are always shocked when I mention it. Even more shocked when I tell them I'm almost 6 months!

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#16 of 23 Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 PM

I *feel* huge but everyone keeps telling me how small I am still and that I have such a "cute little belly". DH will sometimes do a double take if I have my belly out (I like to pull my shirt up and rub it ) and say "wow, you're so pregnant!". But it's in a happy/giddy way, not a judgmental way so I just laugh along with him (because I feel the same!)

The midwife even told me the other day that I probably wouldn't look full term when I am (after looking me over and asking me my height), so even she thinks I'm not very big for 21+ weeks (and I assume she would know!).

I got sick early in pregnancy and lost 15 pounds. Got better, gained them all back plus 7 more (I'm gaining about a pound a week right now, so I'm happy with that). But I feel HUGE and it's not all in my belly. My butt/thighs have become ginormous and I don't fit into any of my regular pants any more - not because of the belly (I could still get away with the elastic around the button for that, I think, since I wear mostly low rise/hip hugger type pants) but because my a$$ won't fit into them! I only have one pair of non-maternity pants I can still get into and they were big and loose (by style) to begin with, sit low, and have a drawstring! And even my undies are feeling a bit snug lately!!

What I don't get is that even before I gained those extra 7 pounds on top of my usual weight, I was still feeling really big and not fitting into my regular pants any more, which I always wore at that weight, PLUS I had a belly on top of it all. What gives??
#17 of 23 Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM

I feel huge and I AM huge...no joke here. I was enormous with my DD, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. Kid you not, my belly sticks out as far as a friend of mine who is 3 weeks pregnant. Granted, she has an overall rounder look than I, but I am just as far out. I fear I will look like a tic-tac before it is all over! I am fairly short (5'3") and petite and this belly just goes straight out...people assume I am due soon and are shocked when I tell them it is several more months!

I don't mind how big the belly is getting, but I would rather the thighs, butt and hips were not also expanding at such a fast rate!!
Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
#18 of 23 Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSarah View Post
I'm always scared for people to ask how far along I am because I feel so big! The third pregnancy sure is different fromt he first!
This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I swear I started showing the day I found out I was pregnant. I feel twice as big as I am!

Wife of an Airman Mom of Hayden(01-23-06), Vincent(10-26-08), and baby#3(due 01-29-11) Student Midwife&Birth Doula
#19 of 23 Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 PM

Luckily I have only noticed growth in my boobs and belly. I still have lots to gain though, I had only gained 5lbs at 19 weeks (20.5 now) so I am probably due for some expansion elsewhere in the next couple months. Even strangers ask how far along I am so I definitely look preggers, I have even gotten the "twins?" comment already.

Amara ~ Married to my HS sweetheart, we're having a blast with baby Z (1/29/2011)

#20 of 23 Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM96 View Post
Especially when you are short-waisted to begin with!
Wow, echo that. I've gotten the twins comment more than a few times already followed by a wide eyed reaction when saying I'm just a week or so past the halfway mark

#21 of 23 Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM

I feel huge also but I have only gained 3 lbs and I'm almost 22 weeks. Apparently I'm not as huge as I feel because people seem surprised when I tell them I am pregnant. I know with DD I had gained a lot more weight by now but I'm glad I haven't gained so much this time around. With DD I gained over 50 lbs and had only lost about 30 when I got PG again. So I was still carrying about 25 lbs extra when I got PG and I'm really hoping not to see the same numbers on the scale that I saw last time! I'm a petite girl to begin with (5' 3") so 55 lbs was a lot of weight to gain (and lose!!)

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#22 of 23 Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM
myk

i'm huge. definitely huge. in the past 2 days i've had one guy comment "not long now!" (um, 3.5 months....not long?) and one woman ask me if it was twins. i've worn maternity clothes forever, and really.. most people i know, when they're this big, they're about to pop. can't wait to see what i look like 15 weeks from now. egad.

January 2011
#23 of 23 Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM

If I wear maternity clothing I feel, and look huge. There's something about the draping in the that seems to make me look an extra ten pounds. I feel so much better wearing yoga pants or shorts and a fitted top that doesn't just drop off the largest part of my belly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page