jesbyr!!! It's your SPOTLIGHT thread!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2010, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

What do you know about your own birth?

When are you due?

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

How many kids do you want and why?

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

What type of work do you do?

What type of music do you like?

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

What do you do to get away from it all?

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 AM

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

I was born in Illinois. Now I live in Olympia, WA and I really love living here for the most part. Most of my family is here and it is a really beautiful place.

What do you know about your own birth?

My mother had a C-section because her Dr. was going out of town. Sad to say, thats all I know. Now I need to call my mom, lol. (She had a repeat C-section with my brother 17 months later but was able to have a VBA2C 3 years after that with my sister)

When are you due?

I am due January 16th

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

So much better than my first! I haven't had any morning sickness this time around (last time I was sick until 34+ weeks). My joints feel more sore but the MW says that is becuase I am hauling around a 25 pound toddler this time.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

I am craving carbs, basically anything that is not good for me. No real aversions just temporary ones like pot roast smelling great all day in the crockpot but when I get it on my plate I can't stand the thought of eating it.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

The best is getting to be pregnant at the same time as my SIL and 2 of my cousins. We are all due within a 4 month span.
Worst has been the gradual forced weaning as my supply tanked and nursing got more and more uncomfortable. We are totally cut back to only times when she is tired but she also isn't asking for it any more often than that.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

We are not finding out the gender and will be happy either way.

How many kids do you want and why?

2-3 seems manageable. My MIL has 6 boys and I have no idea how she has stayed sane. 3 is just enough that I can keep tabs on all of them at the park . I've been practicing with my nanny girls and my nephew and I've discovered that 4 kids is just a bit too much for me.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

I am planning on a homebirth with a midwife and her assistant. Possibly a water birth but maybe just laboring in the tub. With my daughter we transferred care from an OB to a group of hospital midwives after moving at 32 weeks and she was delivered in the hospital with an epidural in place. I want to try a drug free labor this time and possibly use HypnoBirthing.

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

YES! For newborns I love the Moby Wrap. After about 15 pounds the Ergo is my favorite. I would like to get a pouch sling as well to try for quick trips but haven't done much research yet.

What type of work do you do?

I nanny for two girls, 6 and 3 years old.

What type of music do you like?

All kinds. Mostly top 40 recently because I don't have the energy to research new music and that's what is coming out of the radio.

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

I like to knit and crochet. Also read.

What do you do to get away from it all?

Read or just be outside in general. Sometimes watch trashy dramas OnDemand. Turn off my cell phone

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

I love the Gossie the goose books! I forget the author but we can't get enough of the series. I also like I am a Bunny

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?

Really just how we are going to adjust to having an infant again along with a toddler with sketchy sleep.

SAHM to Claire 3/13/09 and due with #2 on 1/16/11
#3 of 5 Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM

I have a friend that lives near Olympia and loves it. We are in Burien. I would LOVE to move when our house is worth more than the mortgage we are paying.

After all us Western, WA Jan DDC have our babies we should do a get together.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#4 of 5 Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 PM

Jes, we love the area too, we moved here in March from Colorado! We are in Lacey though, near College & Yelm Highway. My husband is from Bloomington Illinois, and grew up in Wenatchee & I grew up in Spokane, so coming back to WA was home for us, we don't have family here though.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#5 of 5 Old 09-30-2010, 12:54 PM

@soccerchic21- A get together would be so fun!

@SumnerRain- We are actually in Lacey too, over by the community center. I tend to like Olympia a little better just because they have better parks and most of our baby group friends are from the other side of town and are hesitant to visit Lacey. I'm so glad you guys were able to come home!

SAHM to Claire 3/13/09 and due with #2 on 1/16/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page