What kind of birth are you planning? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Where are you planning on giving birth?
At home 37 45.12%
In a birthing center 12 14.63%
At a hospital 33 40.24%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Homebirth

I planned a birth center birth for DD, but she was a micropreemie.
I planned a home birth with DS, but ended up with another early hospital birth. Both were as natural as the situations allowed. 3rd times a charm, I hope.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 AM

I am having a repeat c-section with this one...I had an emergency one with my son almost 12 years ago after being in labor for 3 days and pushing for almost 4 hours ...he didnt want to come out...lol...so last year when I was pregnant with my daughter they suggested that I have another c-section because they classified my son's birth as "failure to descend" whatever that means...... with her being only a year old when this one is born I dont think it was even a question? But to be completely honest with ya'll it doesn't bother me I dont feel like a failure because I'm not able to have a "natural " birth ..cause I figured if it was a hundred years ago I probably be one of those women that died during childbirth so I am happy to get them here being as healthy as possible for me and them.

ooh I forgot to add though ..I will be awake during the whole thing.

Engaged to my soulmate Thomas ...mom to Benjamin (11) Savannah (under a year) , and expecting Henry (January 21, 2011 )
Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 AM

I got my midwife!!!!!!!!!!! So now I'm going to start planning my homebirth

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenSeeksBun View Post
I got my midwife!!!!!!!!!!! So now I'm going to start planning my homebirth
Congratulations!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM

planning my second homebirth. considering using hypnobabies this time around. mostly because I don't think there's any way this birth will be as easy as my last. fingers crossed though!

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Planning another home water birth.

In attendance: husband, midwife, midwife assistant (who is also my friend), and our three children (who will be 7, 4, and 2). My parents will be about 1 1/2 -- 3 hours away (Los Angeles and Orange County....so travel time in traffic can vary depending on the time of day). They'll be here, too, if they make it in time.

My heart is sad for those of you who can't have the ideal birth you want because of distance, circumstance, or options. Hugs to you.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
Old 09-21-2010, 10:35 PM

Well, it all depends on where I am when I go into labor-
if I'm at work, it will be a drug free vaginal birth in the hospital with a CNM, or if I'm at home, it will be a homebirth with a midwife. So only time will tell, lol.

Jess,mama to Brycenangel2.gif , Elijah, Jonaah and Josiah
Old 09-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandcheese View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM

I am planning a 2nd homebirth.
I would like to wish good luck to all the mamas going for a VBAC and a huge sorry and hug for those who would like one and are being denied care by their hospitals and/or ACOG policies. I am a midwifery student and have just re-read Pushed by Jennifer Block. It discusses the negative climate surrounding VBAC and it's just so sad to hear the effects of policies on real lives here. We all deserve better.
All my wishes for an informed, positive, safe birth experience for all American mamas!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 PM

home water birth with midwife, her assistant, & DH. I wouldn't mind if it turned out orgasmic. lol

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
Old 09-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Homebirth with 2 midwives, dd, dh, mom and anyone who wants to come and witness a home birth. It's my weird way of educating my friends and their daughters, so I invite whoever wants to come because I'll be too high to notice...

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11
Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM

hospital vbac with an amazing OB!

hoping for a !
Old 09-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Hospital birth with CNM. Midwife is supportive of a hospital waterbirth if I can convince the head OB/GYN to let me bring in my own pool. They have jetted tubs but I can't bare the thought of trying to move around in a BATHTUB while laboring.

My mom is a retired midwife so we are catching a lot of flack from friends and family for the hospital birth but it's our only option besides unassisted. We are 40+ minutes from another hospital, more from a birthcenter, and there are no in-home midwives in our area and in January there will be snowy mountain passes between us and anywhere besides the local hospital. The only OB in town is a prick but last year he hired a CNM in his office who is amazing!

Our apartment is too tiny for all the people that will be there. Mom lives out of state now and may not even be here when the baby comes but my 2 sisters will be there, plus DH and our 2nd story studio apt can't handle a full birth pool plus 4-5 adults.... and I'm not comfortable trying an unassisted with my first baby, not to mention DH would have a heart attack if I even mentioned it.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share.....

Laci(26), femalesling.GIFmommy to Xander(11/10) and wife to Peter(32).
Old 09-27-2010, 02:52 PM

Home VBAC with a midwife and hypnobabies. I am so excited, but will also admit to being a bit scared and nervous. I have never experienced labor before.

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 PM

HBAC with a great midwifery team. DP will be there and as of yet, not sure who else.

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM

Hospital birth with a midwife and doula. I would consider a homebirth, but I HATE my house and would rather not be here to deliver!

Jessica

Jessica - Mom to DD (17), DD (15), DS (4), and DD (2)!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Hospital with a midwife. REALLY wanted a doula-had her scheduled and everything but no money to pay her. It was extremely painful to cancel that but we've just got to try and keep food on the table right now especially with huge medical bills-don't even want to know what DS's surgery is going to cost. DH won't let me have a homebirth and there's no way we'd be able to afford one anyways so a hospital for me. A birth center would be my ultimate plan and DH would agree but the closest one is over 2 hours away if there's no snow and no traffic lol

Ashley-wife of a grad student. Homeschooling, CDing, knitting mommy of Monkey 4/08 and Kangaroo 1/11 with 3 angels waiting in heaven
Hyena cart WAH mama!

User Tag List