I *think* I *might* have the opportunity to expose DS to the chicken pox. He's 3, hasn't been vaxxed. I've had my titers checked and I'm immune (had it as a child). I'm 23+ weeks pregnant.
DS was exposed at 18 & 20 months, didn't catch it. I passed on an opportunity earlier this year b/c I was newly pregnant and wasn't 100% sure on my titers.
and I won't be interested in exposing him for at least a year after DD arrives.
SO...should I just bite the bullet and expose him (if this other child's rash turns out to actually BE chicken pox)? or wait for another year and a half (Spring 2012) when DS will be almost 5.
I'm more concerned about possible effects on the baby than anything else.
wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11).