Shadow in heart ultrasound - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so we went in to our appointment today. we had an ultrasound last week because there was a discrepancy in head to abdominal circumference well now....there is a shadow in the heart. The Dr. said it could be nothing but it could be something... why does this baby have to be so difficult? It is funny I told my Dr. that "I am so sick of ultrasounds" this last one was the 3rd. the Dr. said that most women ask for more ultra sounds but she says no... one is usually enough. Well anyways I need to go to the University hospital for another ultrasound so they can echo the heart. This little man is becoming extra difficult!

Big Momma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ultrasounds are a really useful tool but they show a ton of "problems" that are nonexistent. I really wish that doctors would be more verbal about how much of the time it's nothing.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I am getting more and more worried. I hope this next ultrasound is scheduled very soon so I can just know!

Big Momma
Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 AM

When I was pregnant with my first they saw a "white spot in the heart" so I had what sounds like the same test you will have. Everything turned out fine. I was thankful that the ultrasound did catch her kidney condition though.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Old 09-29-2010, 01:51 AM

I had the EXACT SAME white spot on the heart with my son, and it was terrifying. There is a great facebook group that is private, and it is all info on the ECHogenic heart focus with disucssions etc. It is wonderful, and if you would like to join, send me a PM and Ill give you the info to get added.

User Tag List