LM96, it's your spotlight! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

What do you know about your own birth?

When are you due?

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

How many kids do you want and why?

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

What type of work do you do?

What type of music do you like?

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

What do you do to get away from it all?

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM

Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it? I was born in California, but have lived in Colorado since I was 6. I still live in the Front Range area.

What do you know about your own birth?
Not much. Basically I was born pretty much on time.

When are you due?
Jan 23 is my official due date. I've never made it to my due date though.

How has this pregnancy been treating you?
Not too bad. I've been feeling pretty good lately but I do get tired more easily than normal. I don't know how much of my earlier exhaustion was due to moving and how much was due to have 2 kids and being pregnant.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?
I tend to eat more ice cream than normal, but I haven't had any major cravings. I absolutely can't eat most cooked veggies though. I can't even cook them. Tomatoes are also difficult and I have to avoid vinegary things.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?
The best thing is seeing how excited the kids are about the baby. They yell "Hi Baby" and "I love you Baby" to my stomach quite often. The worst thing is being considered high risk so I'm at the OB's office weekly for progesterone injections and I'm actually seeing a doctor 2x week already.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?
We hare having a boy. I wanted to find out so I could get rid of everything that I won't need. I'm drowning in clothes!

How many kids do you want and why?
This will probably be it unless we have a surprise.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?
I'm planning a natural birth at a hospital with a doula. I've had 2 med-free births before. I would like to make it to term this time but especially past 33 weeks. If I go into labor before 33 weeks then I have to be transferred to a different hospital with a level III NICU. I would very much like to avoid an emergency helicopter transfer like my last birth! A nice, normal birth would be very welcome. My son's labor was about 11 hours from the start of regular contractions to birth and my daughter's labor was under 4 hours. I wouldn't mind it being a bit longer than 4 hours (a bit intense, but also less than ideal circumstances!). Honestly, because of my previous experience with my daughter, I am really just hoping for a healthy baby and healthy mom. The rest is just a bonus.

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?
I have a stretchy wrap (I wish I could remember the name--it's not as stretchy as a Moby and I love this wrap, but my friend has it right now) that I plan on baby living in for the first few months--it saved me when my daughter came home from the hospital. I also have a Maya wrap and an Ergo which will both get quite a bit of use when baby is older.

What type of work do you do?
I am currently a SAHM. I got my degree in Electrical Engineering and worked in that field for 10 years. I stopped working when my son was born.

What type of music do you like?
Mostly stuff I grew up with from the 80's and 90's.

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
Most of my hobbies got pushed to the wayside when the kids were born. My son was high needs and I never really had time to do them. I used to sew and want to get back into that, I enjoy reading and I want to learn how to use my camera much better.

What do you do to get away from it all?
Read or hop on the computer. We also enjoy camping but due to circumstances weren't able to go at all this year. I'm hoping we can go quite often next summer!

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?
Hmmm....that's a tough one. I tend to read a lot of fantasy books. David Eddings, Robert Jordan, Katherine Kurtz, Terry Pratchett (I loved Good Omens!). For major brain-candy I like Janet Evanovich and Jennifer Crusie. I also like Elizabeth Peters and Julie Kenner. My next book that I just started is Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

What are your favorite children's books?
Right now, Grumpy Cat and Grumpy Bird are getting quite a bit of reading at our house (because my son is often grumpy!). I'm looking forward to sharing the Redwall Series with them, James and the Giant Peach and Beverly Cleary books. My son is just getting to the point where we can do chapter books with him, so we'll be starting those soon!

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
I'm mostly worried about going into labor early yet again and having baby end up in the NICU an hour away. So far, baby looks healthy on the ultrasounds so I'm not worried about birth defects--just prematurity.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#3 of 3 Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Sending you full-term vibes

Amara ~ Married to my HS sweetheart, we're having a blast with baby Z (1/29/2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page