October chat, anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
ugh.. so i've got pneumonia again. i coughed so much i went to the ER cause my inhalers weren't really doing the trick. and then i had some braxton-hicks contractions, and they were super uncomfortable..

...and then i peed my pants...

sigh. at least it wasn't amniotic fluid. katie's doing fine, they checked her and couldn't record her heartbeat for the 20 minutes that they wanted to, cause she kept moving.
Lame. Feel better soon. And then stay better! It's not fair that being pregnant lowers your immune system... as if it's not uncomfortable enough. I think getting pregnant should automatically make you unable to ever get sick again.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#62 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 AM

I had a doctor's visit this week and everything looks good-did the GD test and some bloodwork, but not expecting to hear anything on those (I hope).

I may have found a doula, but I'm second guessing myself now. She takes awhile to respond-took three days to respond to my email and we're going on four days for her to reply to the message I left on her phone. Should I run now? We haven't even met yet. I guess I'm just not getting a good vibe regarding communication, but on the flip side she is one of two doulas in the area and the other one in brand new. Thoughts?

I started a little bit of nesting, but things have been so busy around here I'm not getting done nearly what I want to. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just beg DH to help over the holidays (when he has time off).

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#63 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieMay View Post
I may have found a doula, but I'm second guessing myself now. She takes awhile to respond-took three days to respond to my email and we're going on four days for her to reply to the message I left on her phone. Should I run now? We haven't even met yet. I guess I'm just not getting a good vibe regarding communication, but on the flip side she is one of two doulas in the area and the other one in brand new. Thoughts?
RUN! I would interview the new doula and see how your personalities click. I had a student doula along with my seasoned doula at my last birth, and she was AWESOME. I was her first home birth. Very eager to please and tireless in her back compresses. And because she was just a student, I didn't have to worry about her being overbooked. I loved my main doula, a TON, but she was the most popular doula in town and I think I was birth #4 in a 3 day span. She was still a great doula, but she was so tired, so having the student there was a lifesaver near then end when we were all tired.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#64 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
ugh.. so i've got pneumonia again. i coughed so much i went to the ER cause my inhalers weren't really doing the trick. and then i had some braxton-hicks contractions, and they were super uncomfortable..

sigh. at least it wasn't amniotic fluid. katie's doing fine, they checked her and couldn't record her heartbeat for the 20 minutes that they wanted to, cause she kept moving.
Oh man! That is SO not cool. So sorry you are sick again, coughing when your lungs are already being pressed on by baby suck, I cannot imagine pneumonia! Get well soon!!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#65 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 05:07 PM

I have discovered breathing strips! They are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm pregnant my nose seems to never fully clear, especially at night. These things open your nasal passages and let the air in...I love them.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#66 of 70 Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM

I'm doing good, starting to pee even more in midle of night & hard to get comfortable. Gained more this past month than I was. I met w/ a lady who was going to do hypno sessions w/ me & give me a good discount. I left a msg a week ago & haven't heard back. Left another one today. Thinking maybe I should buy hypnobabies instead. Anyone know where I should look/order it from?

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#67 of 70 Old 10-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diyan View Post
Thanks I know what you mean about being full - even as a meat eater I have to rearrange the other things I usually eat to make room for all my healthy requirements without being over-full. What kind of smoothies do you have? Most of the recipes I've seen are either fruit only, or have yogurt or other dairy in them.

you can put anything you like in them really. I use fruit, whatever nondairy milk I feel like, sometimes a soy yogurt for thickness, and to get the additional protein punch - some kind of protein powder, either soy or hemp seed. Those make me super full too - like a meal in itself!

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#68 of 70 Old 10-23-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
Keep us updated. I'm sorry to hear about that. I've btdt and it sucks!
Thanks! They want me to at least get to 34 weeks (which by the way is Thanksgiving Day) and then they will no longer attempt to keep the babies in. I'm still contracting - mostly when I get irritated. It's almost like the babies are saying "Hey Ma, chill out - we'll be here sooner if you keep up this mood!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justduckyangie View Post
Crossing fingers the babies stay in a bit longer!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM96 View Post
Prayers for you and your babies! My daughter was born @ 29 weeks after I was in the hospital for 3 days. I believe the betamethasone really helped her as she was never on a vent or even on O2. Although, hopefully your babies just stay put for a while longer!
I'm hoping they stay put too! I still have things to do.

Quote:

I can't even begin to count how many times I've peed in my pants because of coughing, laughing, sneezing, standing, thinking, etc.

I hope that you are feeling better.

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

#69 of 70 Old 10-24-2010, 10:04 PM

I had the flu this weekend. Not fun. It was just a 24 hour bug, but since I kept NOTHING down, I had the joy of heading into the hospital for fluids. L&D was so empty that the nurses were bored enough that they had the ER send me up there to hang out with I had my IV and some zofran. I saw like 4 people because they had nothing else to do. It was kind of amusing. But they managed to get the baby on the monitor for a good long time. S/he has a very healthy heartbeat. It was 155 the whole time.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#70 of 70 Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM

I got my first fluffy mail yesterday! I decided I want to try the Flip diapers by CottonBabies so I ordered a small package of 2 covers and 6 inserts because I was ordering a couple of other small things so I figured I might as well get the free shipping and order the diapers now. I got the organic cotton ones because I've had bad luck with stink and man-made fibers. I'm sticking with natural fibers this time around. They are going to be too big for the itty-bitty stage, but I have a good supply of infant prefolds, Kissaluv 0's and newborn covers to get me through the first few weeks. I'm also planning on trying the Blueberry covers because they have gussets and I have heard that the Flip inserts work well with them (and from my previous experience, gusseted covers fit my babies better). I need new small covers no matter what, so it is easy to justify.

My parents told me that my Christmas present from them can be weekly housecleaning until baby comes since I'm supposed to be taking it easy. There is no way my DH would be able to keep up with the house, kids, and work so this is a very welcome and generous gift. Otherwise, I'm trying to take it easy. My cats keep hopping on my lap--they aren't used to me actually sitting down during the day! (I'm not used to it either and I'm feeling quite lazy!)

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page