Ache around c section scar? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having this dull ache around my c-section scar. Almost like a pulling. I can press around the area and no pain, but if I get up and walk it aches a little. Anyone else experience this? Could it be round ligament pain in the same area?

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#2 of 8 Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM

My midwife says it's normal to have some pulling and aches in that area because it doesn't stretch as easily as the surrounding skin.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#3 of 8 Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM

I just posted on another forum about the same thing! I knew it was coming, from lots of reading and research, but was not totally prepared for how much it was hurting today. I had burning/stretching pain all along my incision today, that was very different than my round ligament pain. So glad I am not the only one dealing with this right now!

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
#4 of 8 Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM

I fit into this club too, I have a c-section with ds #1 and a vbac with #2, during my 2nd pregnancy, 3 years after the c-section i had no pain what so ever but this pregnancy, 7 years after C, i am in extreme pain and it feels like one side of my scar, I thought it was spd or rlp but im starting to wonder if its the scar tissue.
Not fun hey!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#5 of 8 Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 AM

I actually went into L&D a few weeks ago because I was feeling cramps in the lower abdomen. The doc there told me that it's common to feel weirdness associated with stretching scar tissue around the incision. It can either happen on the internal or external scar.

Not pleasant, but normal. Hope that helps.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
#6 of 8 Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM

I have a vertical scar from belly button to public bone from an abdominal surgery and I have wondered how it will stretch. So far, a little to the right of it, I feel burning every morning, especially when I stretch. I don't know if it's the scar, or the scar tissue on the inside...

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#7 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 PM

My scar has hurt a little, but I've been lathering it up with Earth Mama Angel Baby stretch oil, and it seems to help a ton! I can't help but think that all the good stretchy oil is soaking in and letting everything go the way it should...
The rest of my belly feels tighter then a drum though...around my belly button...Ouch!
#8 of 8 Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 AM
myk

i get round ligament pain, and i also get scar stretching pain. they're pretty similar but the round ligament pain is sudden, INTENSE, and then passes. it only occurs with movement or sneezing. the scar stretching pain, is much less intense and lasts longer.

January 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page