Eye Color Calculator - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 21 Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mrs.Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Swiped this from the Feb DDC. It's pretty cool. I have a 50% chance of brown, 30% chance of green, and 20% chance of blue. And 2 brown eyed kids.

http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/...alculator.html

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Mrs.Music is offline  
#2 of 21 Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM
 
gemasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 1,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
50% chance of blue, 50% chance of green!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
gemasita is offline  
#3 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 AM
 
soccerchic21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Burien, WA
Posts: 3,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My results are

20.8% Blue
29.1% Green
50% Brown

Which is odd because my other two children have Blue eyes like my husband. Shouldn't I have at least had a brown eyed child by now?

Don't get me wrong I love red headed kids with bright blue eyes.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
soccerchic21 is offline  
#4 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 AM
 
thebigfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big Daddy was adopted and never knew his birth father so this won't work for me oh well. Big Daddys eyes are Hazel and mine are blue and there is no hazel on there either... oh well no big deal. I will see his eyes when he is ready.
thebigfam is offline  
#5 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 12:33 AM
 
soccerchic21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Burien, WA
Posts: 3,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigfam View Post
Big Daddy was adopted and never knew his birth father so this won't work for me oh well. Big Daddys eyes are Hazel and mine are blue and there is no hazel on there either... oh well no big deal. I will see his eyes when he is ready.
My eyes are Hazel too so I chose brown. I SWORE my bio dad's eyes were blue but it said it was impossible for my mom to have green eyes and sperm donor to have blue eyes and mine end up brown.

I am going to say 99.99999% chance my child is another DH clone like the others.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
soccerchic21 is offline  
#6 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 AM
 
boogiemonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lovely Canada
Posts: 1,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
I have a 50% chance of brown, 30% chance of green, and 20% chance of blue. And 2 brown eyed kids.
I have the same % as you. One brown eyed girl and one with eyes that started blue but seem to be turning green (she's five).

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

boogiemonster is offline  
#7 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 AM
 
baglady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cloud 9
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
100% chance of blue eyes here. DS is blue eyed as are DH and I.

I thought I read somewhere that just because both parents have blue eyes it doesn't necessarily mean that your child will have blue although it's 99% probability. Ever since I read that I have an irrational fear that one of our kids will be born with brown eyes and everyone will accuse me of cheating.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
baglady is offline  
#8 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mrs.Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post
My eyes are Hazel too so I chose brown. I SWORE my bio dad's eyes were blue but it said it was impossible for my mom to have green eyes and sperm donor to have blue eyes and mine end up brown.

I am going to say 99.99999% chance my child is another DH clone like the others.
Hazel counts as blue, actually. Someone was talking about the genetics that go into it, and it's the same as blue eyes. So maybe that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiemonster View Post
I have the same % as you. One brown eyed girl and one with eyes that started blue but seem to be turning green (she's five).
Interesting. I doubt I'll get anything but brown no matter how much I'd love it since I'm part black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady View Post
100% chance of blue eyes here. DS is blue eyed as are DH and I.

I thought I read somewhere that just because both parents have blue eyes it doesn't necessarily mean that your child will have blue although it's 99% probability. Ever since I read that I have an irrational fear that one of our kids will be born with brown eyes and everyone will accuse me of cheating.
I find that kind of hilarious.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Mrs.Music is offline  
#9 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 AM
 
soccerchic21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Burien, WA
Posts: 3,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
Hazel counts as blue, actually. Someone was talking about the genetics that go into it, and it's the same as blue eyes. So maybe that's why.
Well that changes things. Now my chances are 100% blue!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
soccerchic21 is offline  
#10 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 AM
 
simonsez2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in the land of the tickle monster
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
100% blue here, my entire family on my side has blue eyes and both of my DH's parents have brown. They both must be carriers of the recessive blue eyes gene though because my husbands eyes are blue/green.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!


 

            

simonsez2u is offline  
#11 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM
 
baglady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cloud 9
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsez2u View Post
100% blue here, my entire family on my side has blue eyes and both of my DH's parents have brown. They both must be carriers of the recessive blue eyes gene though because my husbands eyes are blue/green.
Both of my parents are brown eyed as well. I have blue eyes and my sister's are green. I actually put their stats in and it said they had a 75% chance of having kids with brown eyes. It's so weird that they both passed recessive genes to both of us.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
baglady is offline  
#12 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
 
allisonrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NoVa
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
92.5% brown - not surprised. My son's eyes are actually darker than both myself and hubby.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
allisonrose is offline  
#13 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
 
Beverly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sweden by way of Idaho
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
100% blue here, too.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
Beverly is offline  
#14 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
 
JollyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not in this DDC, but I got 50% brown, 35% green, and 15% blue.

I have one brown eyed child, and one blue eyed child.

I really wanted a child with my husband's amazing green eyes, but it wasn't meant to be.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
JollyGG is online now  
#15 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
DDCC!

It said my kids would all have brown. Mine are truly blue and green, so I was confused what to put. Dh's are brown, so were my ex's. I have 3 kids with hazel eyes (two more green, one more blue & brown) and one with my mom's light blue and yellow eyes. I wish the calculator had more choices! I would love one of my kids to have my little brother's dark almost black brown eyes or my oldest little brother's crystal light blue eyes. Such weird genetics in my family.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#16 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
 
DaisyMae08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
50% chance of blue and 50% chance of green.
DaisyMae08 is offline  
#17 of 21 Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
 
thtr4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sierra Madre
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I first did the calculator based on DH being brown (he is hazel), but if hazel really counts as blue, then we have a 100% chance of all of kids having blue eyes. Cannot wait to see what color eyes this little one has. Hoping he has blue eyes jsut like his brother!

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
thtr4me is offline  
#18 of 21 Old 10-07-2010, 01:39 AM
myk
 
myk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: small town manitoba
Posts: 1,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
50% brown, 30% green, 20% blue.

personally, i think they'll be green/hazel. i'm pretty sure there's not going to be blue.

January 2011
myk is offline  
#19 of 21 Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
 
Tasha7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby has a 66% chance of having brown eyes, and 23% chance of green. Thank you so much for posting this! My husband and I were having a conversation about this last night.
Tasha7 is offline  
#20 of 21 Old 10-07-2010, 02:20 PM
 
annablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My eyes are hazel, what does that count as? My mom's are green, my dad's are blue - I put mine as brown, but the calculator won't let me and says it's an error. If I put my eyes as blue, it says 100% chance of blue.
annablue is offline  
#21 of 21 Old 10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
 
fairymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
86% of brown, 10% of green and 2% blue. Funny our DS broke the odds and got the blue! lol Both DH and I have brown. My ODCs break down- 3 with brown and 2 with green/brown hazel (they have a different father- but their's had brown too).
fairymom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off