Cesarean scar pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been seeing people talk about having some pain or aching or just weird feelings around their cesarean scars. I don't have this at all. Should I? Should I be worried that I don't? Mine was 5 years ago.

I never completely got total feeling back after having my cesarean. When I run my hands across my skin around the area it still feels a little tingly like all of the nerve endings didn't heal all the way.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#2 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I do have the pain, but my section was less than a year old.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#3 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 AM

I wouldn't be worried. My c was 7 years ago and my last pregnancy was 4 years ago and didnt experience any pain with that one! Go figure, The pain has eased for me and I wonder if it has a lot to do with the babies position.

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#4 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 AM

My c-section was five and a half years ago, and I'm right there with you...I don't feel much of anything. My real pain is belly button stretching. (and back...but that's a whole nother story...)
The skin around the scar is just oddly flat, where the rest is curvy and very round. I've been greasing it up, hoping that helps in the stretching process. I was wondering if it was strange that it didn't hurt or even itch. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
#5 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM

I think it's a timing thing. My mother had two c/s 7 years apart and didn't have pain. It was explained to me as pain caused by residual scar tissue stretching. I guess the further you are away from the incision, the less scar tissue you may have.

For me it hasn't been pain as much as cramping.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
#6 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Maybe you're carrying high? I'm carrying pretty high and haven't really felt anything around my c/s scar. It's just something that my midwife warned me could be uncomfortable and normal.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#7 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 04:19 PM

4 years since my c/s and no pain here!

Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
#8 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM

My DD is 9 and I have always had pain and discomfort at my c-section scar, sorry to say. I can't wear underwear or other clothing that rests at the scar or it's horribly uncomfortable. DH has to be
careful about touching me inthat area and can't go anywhere nearthe scar. It's usually not a huge pain, but an unintended slap of clothing at the wrong spot or if DH accidentally pulls the skin nesr the scar (like during a belly massage) can definitely cause me to yelp, "ouch!"
Posted via Mobile Device
#9 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSky View Post
I can't wear underwear or other clothing that rests at the scar or it's horribly uncomfortable.
My daughter complains of this. She is 7 and has surgery on her uriter when she was 4. She complains often that her scar aches or itches. It is just a bit higher than my cesarean scar.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#10 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post
I have been seeing people talk about having some pain or aching or just weird feelings around their cesarean scars. I don't have this at all. Should I? Should I be worried that I don't? Mine was 5 years ago.

I never completely got total feeling back after having my cesarean. When I run my hands across my skin around the area it still feels a little tingly like all of the nerve endings didn't heal all the way.
I have the exact same thing. I have no pain now, but if I touch it, it does still feel tingly. My c-section was 3 1/2 years ago.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#11 of 11 Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 AM
myk

i have a bit of a numb area on my lower abdomen. i definitely have scar pain, but a) i'm obese and skin breakdown is sometimes an issue, b) i'm very sensitive in general. what tickles most people brings me to tears. so no, if you don't have the pain.. just be thankful. nothing at all to worry about

January 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page