thebigfam! It's your spotlight! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-14-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

What do you know about your own birth?

When are you due?

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

How many kids do you want and why?

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

What type of work do you do?

What type of music do you like?

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

What do you do to get away from it all?

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

I was born in Michigan. I live in Iowa and it is okay. I miss Lake Michigan so much! but I really like my husbands family that lives here so it is just fine!

What do you know about your own birth?

I was a Planned c-sec. I was my moms 3rd and we were all C sections. the Dr told her that her pelvis was too small to deliver vaginally.

When are you due?

January 14th but I expect him to be here in December bc DD was born early at 37 weeks 3 days.

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

I am exhausted all the time and I am still puking... you decide.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

GYROS!!!!! I want them all the time! I have had them 4 times in the last week and a half. no aversions really.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

This little one moves all the time. I love it! He is so much more active than DD was! Worst thing is that I am SO TIRED! And sore all the time.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

We are having a boy! Big Daddy didn't think he could make boys after 3 girls of his and my one. We would have been happy with a 5th girl buy a boy is great!!!!!!!

How many kids do you want and why?

I don't know how many we want.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

I really wanted a home birth with a Midwife. Unfortunately the only mw in the state that takes insurance was suspended for 6 months at the end of my first trimester. So... we hare having a hospital birth with my fam. Dr. and our doula is an assistant mw to the other mw so... she will be called when my water breaks and keep an eye on me so we can stay at home as long as possible before heading to the hospital.... and well if baby comes at home so be it! DD was born with a hospital MW but her stats were dropping so they called in the OBs and she was taken out of me with suction. they cut her cord immediately and she got severe jaundice that the hospital missed. so yeah.... I hope none of that happens again!

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

Of course! for the first few months I LOVE the moby wrap, after that my fave is my Beco 4th Gen. my neighbor is getting a Butterfly 2 so I might get one of those if I like it.

What type of work do you do?

I am an Interior Design student and a mom. more mom than student though. I do have a bachelors of Business Management. but not my thing really.

What type of music do you like?

Country but I mostly listen to talk radio

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

I like knitting and diaper making. and singing.

What do you do to get away from it all?

I wish I could go walk on the beach... but no beaches in Iowa.f

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

I like Harry Potter, Twilight, the classics (Gone with the Wind ect.) I will read just about anything.

What are your favorite children's books?

Green Eggs and Ham. DD loves it too!

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?

I miscarried in New Years so I was worried early on we had a dating US and to see the heartbeat. Then the 20 week US showed the head/ abdominal circumference was off so we had to have another one at 24 weeks THEN they saw a spot on the heart they wanted to check... So we had that one... What I learned from all of that was if I do have another baby... I will NOT be having ANY ultrasounds! I am so sick of them! The Dr. said most people want to see their baby more and she has to tell them that she only does one under most circumstances but not me... I hate those things now. There is nothing wrong with my baby and there never was. I do like that I got to see him but not enough to do it again!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page